7 Million people sign up for insurance plans via state/federal exchanges (!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:29:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  7 Million people sign up for insurance plans via state/federal exchanges (!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 7 Million people sign up for insurance plans via state/federal exchanges (!)  (Read 8574 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 01, 2014, 01:03:42 AM »

Uh oh, time to move the goalposts.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:43:18 PM »

The far right reaction to this serves as a good reminder as to why I can't take any attack leveled against Obama seriously.  Sometimes I wonder if they have a point.  Sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm being a little too hackish or too defensive.  Sometimes I wonder if I have moved a little to far to the left on an issue.

But then, today happens.

Today, I see a conservative pundit after pundit talk spout ridiculous nonsense like 7 million out of 330 million shouldn't be considered an accomplishment, or that signing up for insurance with an insurer does not actually count as purchasing insurance--arguments which just flat out make no sense.

Today, it all becomes so clear: these people are all simpletons who have no idea what they are talking about, have no idea how insurance works, and have no idea how this program works.  And, if they can be so arrogant and so certain while making statements not only wrong but implausible on this issue, how could I trust them on any other issue?

There is no reason for me to consider anything they say about anything. Ever.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »

Considering things like recessions and wars and hurricanes are just natural parts of the life cycle, it's always too early to write off "impending doom."
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »

Yeah, the deadline for coverage beginning Jan 1 was extended by 8 days due to the website problems. March 31 was always the 3Q coverage deadline, as it always has been for insurance companies.

Generally speaking, if your beliefs on a subject can be summarized in a two picture comic with 24pt font captions, it's not well thought out.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »

The "other" category in the RAND report should be considered people who would otherwise be uninsured.  To move out of that category, is to move into a prime uninsured pool.  It means you've ended your service to the US Military or are a dependent who turned 27 years old.  These are life events which happen yearly regardless of the law's existence.

As noted in the graph he posted: 1.5 mil of the "others" moved into no insurance, 1.2 mil others bought on the marketplace. So, it's actually more like 2.6/3.9 not 1.4/3.9, when you consider that the others did not lose their coverage because of the law and would be uninsured today without the law.

But again, it's just another Op/Ed writer twisting in the wind, making bold statements in his headline and then weaseling around things he doesn't understand and hedging his bets with hearsay.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »

It's far too soon to know if this is what we needed.

Nothing says nothing like nothing.
ing

You gotta have something, if you wanna be with me.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 11:39:46 PM »

8 million?

Excellent.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 11:58:08 PM »

Which is a small proportion of the overall coverage increases.

The rest was attributable to private sector hiring and employer-provided care

So you admit the assertion that the law is a jobs killer is a lie?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies