Proud to be from Colorado, eh? Prepare to be profiled.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:09:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Proud to be from Colorado, eh? Prepare to be profiled.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proud to be from Colorado, eh? Prepare to be profiled.  (Read 571 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:45:34 AM »

It appears that cops see CO plates as easy marks?

There are increasing reports from drivers that they are being profiled when out of state, simply because of their Colorado license plates. After Colorado legalized recreational marijuana use, drivers from the Centennial State have claimed that while in other states they have been pulled over and their cars have been examined or searched for pot.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »

Not surprising, considering how far a considerable number of overzealous police officers are willing to go to supposedly "protect" us.

As the guy at the end of the article said, this isn't a marijuana case, but a civil rights case. I'm pretty sure the large majority of these cases could be viewed as 4th Amendment violations, especially the one in Idaho where the officer accused the driver of having weed and threw him in jail with no evidence at all.

And yes, this is another argument for just ending the criminalization of drugs altogether.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:42:08 AM »

My main question is why, if I ever ended up living in Colorado, I would ever go to any of the neighboring states other than New Mexico.  (BTW, this isn't just partisan conjecture; the majority of my time spent in Colorado was in Colorado Springs.)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 05:23:29 AM »

I watched a program made by the Nebraska PBS stations about Colorado's legalization.  They interviewed some Sherif's Deputies from a county or two just this side of the Colorado border.  They more or less admitted to pullling over non-local Nebraskans returning from Colorado along I-76/80 at ...ahem...high rates, especially if it's just a couple of young dudes from parts east and then complaining that they needed more state funds to convict all the pot heads they pulled over and showed an evidence locker just stuffed to the gills with weed.  It's disgusting.  The program itself was very neutral, if anything leaning towards a "what's the big deal" type position.

link
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »

I watched a program made by the Nebraska PBS stations about Colorado's legalization.  They interviewed some Sherif's Deputies from a county or two just this side of the Colorado border.  They more or less admitted to pullling over non-local Nebraskans returning from Colorado along I-76/80 at ...ahem...high rates, especially if it's just a couple of young dudes from parts east and then complaining that they needed more state funds to convict all the pot heads they pulled over and showed an evidence locker just stuffed to the gills with weed.  It's disgusting.  The program itself was very neutral, if anything leaning towards a "what's the big deal" type position.

link

And yet you're still an avid cop defender.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies