How many TV's do you have in your place of residence?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:09:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many TV's do you have in your place of residence?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?

5 or more

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: How many TV's do you have in your place of residence?  (Read 4928 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
« edited: April 02, 2014, 12:15:04 PM by Midwest Governor windjammer »

7 televisions.

1 in the family room/den.
4 in the four bedrooms.
1 in the kitchen.
1 outdoors.
Have you sleeping problems?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 12:22:51 PM »

My parents have one. I don't use it, though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »

1, which I don't use.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »

One.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 08:02:40 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2014, 08:14:42 PM by angus »

4, but only 3 get watched.

There's one on the first floor that gets most of the action.  It's a mammoth flat screen.  It has cable and a dvd player and a vhs player on it.  Also, we connect it to the computer to watch illegally-downloaded movies from time to time.  It also serves as our primary babysitter.  

There's one in the master bedroom which is an old-style 25-inch CRT.  It has cable as well and it gets watched regularly by me.  Mostly Ancient Aliens and TCM.  

There's one in the pink room which has cable and a dvd player connected to it.  It gets watched from time to time, especially if my son is watching a dvd downstairs and I want to watch one.

There's a fourth one in the basement that sees very little action.  It has a cable connection that I hook up if we're hiding down in the basement.  It doesn't really come up often here like it did when we lived in tornado alley.  Around here, if we're in the basement, then were probably playing ping pong or fetching a bottle of wine, rather than hiding out from a tornado and watching the weather channel.

These days we spend more time in front of the computers than in front of the TVs.  Society seems to be growing more and more isolated.  My parents had no TV till they were teens.  They actually talked to each other for entertainment.  When I was a small child, we had one.  We watched it, but because we had only one, we were still forced into talking to each other once in a while.  By the time I was about 12 years old, we had several TVs, and then we never even needed to talk to each other except to ask who has the remote.  Now, my son grows up in a world where his house has more TVs than people, and more internet-connected computers than people.  He doesn't have to put up with interpersonal communication at all.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 09:25:15 PM »

On the other hand, the Internet means that we all communicate with each other.
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »

0 in my dorm, 2 in my family's current house that are in use, and the fraternity house where I plan to live has an indeterminate amount. Should probably get one over the summer so I can have my own stuff, y'know?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »

Three, only one is really used that often though, and it's a 27" CRT.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »

7 televisions.

1 in the family room/den.
4 in the four bedrooms.
1 in the kitchen.
1 outdoors.
Have you sleeping problems?

The one in the kitchen is hardly ever used, its a small TV from the late 1990s that easily fits on the countertop.  Each bedroom in my house, save for the guest room, has a television, and my parents are fond with sleeping with their turned-on but the one in my room is rarely used.  The outdoor one is in our pavilion and its only used for social functions we hold in the warmer months, like an engagement party for my cousin that we threw last summer.   
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 01:13:03 AM »

One.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 12:48:18 PM »

0 or 1 depending upon whether you count the TV that is only hooked up to my NES and SNES.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »

312. I live large.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2014, 06:36:32 AM »

Including both ones hooked up and in storage, I think it's 7. Four are hooked up and of those, 3 are in regular use. TV helps me sleep, provided the volume is low, of course.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »

Ha! Every time this question gets asked, the responses are typically either:

A) Posters who have none and are damn proud that they don't watch any TV (or one that they "never use")

or

B) Posters who have an insane amount and want to brag about it ... seven, eight or more
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »

Four. Three in the bedrooms, one in the lounge.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »

A) Posters who have none and are damn proud that they don't watch any TV (or one that they "never use")

or

B) Posters who have an insane amount and want to brag about it ... seven, eight or more

312 would be funny, except that fewer than ten percent of the respondents in this poll are outside the range 1-4.  And if you look at the posts, most are posting that they have 1, 2, 3, or 4 of them.  Very few are saying that they have zero or that they have five or more. 

What's nice is that no one has said "between one and four (normal)"  I can't remember the last poll where posters didn't feel the need to put "(normal)" after their posts.  It's very refreshing.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »

or

I wouldn't consider myself proud about my lack of TV watching.  It's more a case of being frugal than being snobbish about what's on the tube.

Now if I want to brag, I can brag about my phones.  In my current one bedroom apartment I have five separate phones hooked into my landline,  I inherited a few from mom, including my Western Electric rotary desk phone.  (Actually it was originally grandma's, but I digress.)  While I wouldn't have bought that many to fit into my current space, it is convenient to never be more than a step or two away from a phone when it rings (unless I happen to be in the bathroom).
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »

or

I wouldn't consider myself proud about my lack of TV watching.  It's more a case of being frugal than being snobbish about what's on the tube.

Now if I want to brag, I can brag about my phones.  In my current one bedroom apartment I have five separate phones hooked into my landline,  I inherited a few from mom, including my Western Electric rotary desk phone.  (Actually it was originally grandma's, but I digress.)  While I wouldn't have bought that many to fit into my current space, it is convenient to never be more than a step or two away from a phone when it rings (unless I happen to be in the bathroom).

Land ... line? What is this land-based line of which you speak?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 10:21:41 PM »

2. One in my parents' room and one in the rec room.

Honestly, I don't really see the point of us owning one though - my family has a bunch of online streaming websites available anyway, like Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I like Netflix on a big screen Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2014, 12:43:54 AM »

Two, but only one is plugged in.  The other is a smaller screen I keep because it is a VHS player.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 01:07:40 PM »

or

Land ... line? What is this land-based line of which you speak?

He lives in BFE

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies