Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:14:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30114 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2014, 10:36:42 AM »

Very well, gentlemen, I prefer to step in now and make some changes before we have more problems. Posting the orders seemed to have been working, but Kalwejt does have a point, and modificating them could potentially bring unfair results. For that reason, and starting next turn, military orders will go via PM, and we'll see how it works.

Also, True Federalist does have a point in military orders and deployments not being realistic enough, so I will install further penalties on troop deployment. The French contingent is small enough, and the Russians can deploy a good number of troops, but Spamage is leaving too much of his Empire undefended, and he is already facing heavy trouble with logistics. I will forbid further troop deployments into the war for the British, for the time being.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »

Lumine, will you wait until there's a new player to replace IBDD before starting a next turn, or will you take over Germany until such time?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »

Lumine, will you wait until there's a new player to replace IBDD before starting a next turn, or will you take over Germany until such time?

My intention is to start next turn tomorrow, but I won't do so if we don't have a player as the German Empire. The world is growing bigger and I am simply not willing to take over a world power.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:38 AM »

I would jump in as Germany.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 05:43:17 AM »

Cheesy
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

We have all players again, next turn will start in the afternoon.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »

Welcome
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 11:18:05 AM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

Thanks. I just have a little question - if it were possible, I would like to be another monarch. Like Wilhelm died with IBBD, and I'm now Friedrich IV, his son and heir? If not, Ill play as Wilhelm, but so I would be more free in my actions.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:04 PM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

Thanks. I just have a little question - if it were possible, I would like to be another monarch. Like Wilhelm died with IBBD, and I'm now Friedrich IV, his son and heir? If not, Ill play as Wilhelm, but so I would be more free in my actions.

Sure, but remember that Wilhelm's heir was Crown Prince Wilhelm (20 years old as of Late 1902), and thus you will play as Kaiser Wilhelm III. I will acknowledge the change via a special event: the assassination of Wilhelm II in the hands of an anarchist (as he was almost killed in Bremen in OTL 1901).
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

Sure, but remember that Wilhelm's heir was Crown Prince Wilhelm (20 years old as of Late 1902), and thus you will play as Kaiser Wilhelm III. I will acknowledge the change via a special event: the assassination of Wilhelm II in the hands of an anarchist (as he was almost killed in Bremen in OTL 1901).

Oh yes, I was kind of confused because his name was Friedrich Wilhelm... So Willhelm III, ok. Thanks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

Oh yes, I was kind of confused because his name was Friedrich Wilhelm... So Willhelm III, ok. Thanks.

I'd say you still can adopt a diffrent regal name than Wilhelm III, but I really hate the prolonging delay Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2014, 03:12:13 PM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

I'd say you still can adopt a diffrent regal name than Wilhelm III, but I really hate the prolonging delay Tongue

I'm fine with Willhelm III, so don't worry Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:18 PM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

With Wilhelm after Wilhelm, we may even reach Wilhelm XVI at some point Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 04:43:13 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2014, 04:45:37 PM by Abdul the Damned »

Rest in Pieces Wilhelm II
King of Mexico
Liberator of Nauru

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 12:59:49 AM »

Welcome, Kaiser Wilhelm!

With Wilhelm after Wilhelm, we may even reach Wilhelm XVI at some point Wink

Depending on how diligent the assassins are Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2014, 10:12:32 AM by Christus Victor »

Is the signup still open?  If so, I'd like to take Spain or Portugal.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2014, 10:19:08 AM »

I'm rather sceptical toward having too many players, given how active current participants are (and how much stuff to handle the GM already has).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »

Sorry, not for now, I have a lot of trouble handling all the players as of now, xD

That said, both Cranberry and Jack are facing a very complicated internal situation, so those countries might be open in the next turns (and Jack failed to send his answers in the past turn, so he only has one turn to recover).
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2014, 05:19:08 AM »

Sorry, not for now, I have a lot of trouble handling all the players as of now, xD

That said, both Cranberry and Jack are facing a very complicated internal situation, so those countries might be open in the next turns (and Jack failed to send his answers in the past turn, so he only has one turn to recover).

Actually I've decided to quit... It's starting to seem very dull right now. I might sign in as a different nation. Depending which one is open.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2014, 06:07:52 AM »

Actually I've decided to quit... It's starting to seem very dull right now. I might sign in as a different nation. Depending which one is open.

It's anything but dull, but I understand it's hard to play as A-H.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2014, 06:10:00 AM »

True.... I probably should have played Russia, not A-H Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2014, 08:54:12 AM »

True.... I probably should have played Russia, not A-H Tongue

Sad to see you go, Jack! Sadly, there's no country available now, but I'll message you as soon as another country is open. In the meantime, I will take this in-game as Franz Joseph I's abdication forced by Von Hotzendorf's clique, so the next player to take Austria-Hungary will play as Kaiser Franz Ferdinand. I'll message Oldiesfreak (since he already showed interest in the game), and once we have Austria-Hungary and I finish writing the next events, we can continue.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »

Lumine is doing a superb job, creating interesting challenges and managing the game with a lot of active players.

The problem is somewhere else: players missing turns/quitting. Also, those active giving the GM a lot to do. Perhaps we can come up with something to make his job easier and things smoother?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »

I agree- Lumine and windjammer are doing a great Job!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »

Alright, gentlemen, Oldiesfreak is interested and most of the events are ready, so if he indeed signs up in the thread next turn will start tomorrow in the afternoon!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies