Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:50:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30160 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: June 26, 2014, 04:37:27 PM »

Well,
Just to say I'm sorry. I have made a big mistake and I assume all the consequences and I prefer to resign.
Sorry,
Windjammer

Thank you, Windjammer.

Look, you're an active part of this game and I certainly don't wish to see you resign. I think we easily can overcome these last incidents.

As of the debate that's been going on, I propose we'll suspend this, to cool off, and give this "war" a chance (after all, it's just one phase).

Sorry, but I prefer to stop. This game has made me more aggressive. And I don't plan to say something wrong again, I don't want to hurt someone anymore.

When something is wrong, it's better to stop completely rather than trying to appease a bit, and then making the same mistakes.

For AHU, even if I haven't posted the reforms, Lumine is personally aware of my reform. So I mean he calculate easily the results, and then make AHU no playable.

That's too bad.

Wasn't a person interested in playing as AHU?

Oh ****,
Well, I have forgotten butafly. Yep, he can replace me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »

Well,
Just to say I'm sorry. I have made a big mistake and I assume all the consequences and I prefer to resign.
Sorry,
Windjammer

Thank you, Windjammer.

Look, you're an active part of this game and I certainly don't wish to see you resign. I think we easily can overcome these last incidents.

As of the debate that's been going on, I propose we'll suspend this, to cool off, and give this "war" a chance (after all, it's just one phase).

Sorry, but I prefer to stop. This game has made me more aggressive. And I don't plan to say something wrong again, I don't want to hurt someone anymore.

When something is wrong, it's better to stop completely rather than trying to appease a bit, and then making the same mistakes.

For AHU, even if I haven't posted the reforms, Lumine is personally aware of my reform. So I mean he calculate easily the results, and then make AHU no playable.

That's too bad.

Wasn't a person interested in playing as AHU?

Oh ****,
Well, I have forgotten butafly. Yep, he can replace me.

Yeah, AHU is too big to be left as non-playable.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #427 on: June 26, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »

Well,
So I have posted the reforms, Lumine calculates the results of that, and Butafly becomes the AHU player?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #428 on: June 26, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »

Well, I have already asked Butafly to take over next turn. The reforms could be posted as well, it's up to Butaly if he choses to make one or two changes once he takes over.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2014, 12:10:35 AM »

Can I have a little more time to do the French orders? After all I am commanding two countries each who have loads of moves each turn Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2014, 12:15:39 AM »

Can I have a little more time to do the French orders? After all I am commanding two countries each who have loads of moves each turn Smiley

Sure, I will wait until Saturday afternoon then!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2014, 12:28:54 AM »

How long does it take to write surrender notes? Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2014, 05:42:55 AM »

How long does it take to write surrender notes? Wink

He's probably pondering style Wink
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »

I'm in
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »

I have all I need, phase two today and next turn in the late night today or tomorrow afternoon!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #435 on: June 27, 2014, 04:20:37 PM »

I have to go on LOA from this game, guys. Sorry.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2014, 04:35:29 PM »

Sad to hear that, for how long do you plan to be out?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #437 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »

Sad to hear that, for how long do you plan to be out?

Time for plan B Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-British_Union#World_War_II_.281940.29
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #438 on: June 27, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »

To His Excellency: President Portfiro Diaz

For His Eyes Only: Intelligence Assessment of the Great War

Alemania:
Unless a major power joins the Entente or some of their allies decide to quit while they are ahead, it is difficult to see how Alemania will do any worse than a favorably negotiated peace.

Argentina:
It's odd that having declared war they haven't tried to take the Malvinas, or perhaps they tried but the news was bad enough for both sides they are both keeping quiet.

Brasil:
Unless Brasil is intent upon taking some of islands in the Caribbean or South Atlantic, it is difficult to see why it chose to attack both los franceses and los británicos.  Guayana Británica is only accessible to them by jungle or sea and Venezuela can't be happy to see land it has historically claimed slip out of its grasp.

La Estados Unidos:
Aside from the seizure of Canadá at the start of the war, the E.U. has done shockingly poorly considering they started the war.  The lack of maritime offensives and the pullback from Hawai suggests that either the E.U. has done far worse in the naval war than their propaganda would suggest or that they are planning for a major operation elsewhere.  In either case, it may well be that they would be willing to accept a token payment for both Clipperton Island and our former island possessions they acquired previously in this game, both for the money and to concentrate forces they have there elsewhere.  A discrete inquiry might be made provided it is not seen as any sort of "or else" proposal.  Whatever weaknesses the Yanqui Navy may be suffering from, there is no reason to doubt the Yanqui Army at present and that would is sufficient to cause us to tread carefully with them.

Francia:
They are only doing atrociously poorly on the alemán front, which unfortunately for them is the only one that matters.  They should be sending out feelers for a separate peace vis a vis alemania alone, but whether the alemanes and franceses can agree to terms is unknown, especially with the collapse of the French government and the policies of its replacement yet to be determined.

Gran Bretaña:
If the alemanes don't try to impose too harsh a peace on Francia, G.B. is likely to go along with it to free up resources to retake Canada.  Whether they try an invasion likely to be doomed or a blockade that may well succeed, any effort to reclaim Canada is likely going to have to be done at the negotiating table, and even then the best they are likely to achieve is a nominally independent Canada.

Italia:
Given how distracted their enemies are by other more important fronts than the Mediterranean, their seizure of Malta can hardly be considered a solace for the setbacks they've suffered elsewhere.

Japón
They cannot be happy at the course of the war so far.  The apparent collapse of the yanqui navy in the Pacific leaves them to shoulder the fight alone, with only distance and lack of resources on the part of their enemies giving them comfort.

Turquía:
While they have made some advances, it's difficult to see any major changes resulting whoever comes out on top in the Middle East.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #439 on: June 28, 2014, 02:44:10 AM »

So, I'll be on holiday from Tuesday, July the 1st until July the 8th or so. That time I won't be able to play...
Maybe one of my allies could take over Germany that time, Kal, Clarence or Sawx? I might be able to send orders for the next war turn, but certainly not for the following...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #440 on: June 28, 2014, 04:38:59 AM »

So, I'll be on holiday from Tuesday, July the 1st until July the 8th or so. That time I won't be able to play...
Maybe one of my allies could take over Germany that time, Kal, Clarence or Sawx? I might be able to send orders for the next war turn, but certainly not for the following...

I think, due to it's being an European front, Sawx or Clarence would be in better position.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #441 on: June 28, 2014, 06:22:22 AM »

I think, due to it's being an European front, Sawx or Clarence would be in better position.

Yeah. Sawx, Clarence? Who of you wants to take over Germany for ten days?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2014, 03:07:53 PM »

Just to make it "official" now, Sawx and I have agreed that he takes over Germany during my LOA.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2014, 07:51:14 AM »

My orders are coming later today. Sorry for delay.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »

Wife took me on a trip to the beach this weekend..........I am back now

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2014, 12:00:18 PM »

My orders are coming later today. Sorry for delay.

It's okay, I had a delay as well with the next turn, it should come today!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #446 on: July 01, 2014, 05:09:41 PM »

So  Russia is recovering hmmmm, interesting.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #447 on: July 02, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »

Writing the war moves along with answering my questions is taking a bit longer than expected, and my word just crashed ruining 30 min of work Angry . Can I have until tomorrow evening?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2014, 12:43:50 AM »

Writing the war moves along with answering my questions is taking a bit longer than expected, and my word just crashed ruining 30 min of work Angry . Can I have until tomorrow evening?

Sure!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:35 AM »

Reports are reaching us here in Antwerp that unspecified agents are boasting about a successful plot to sabotage the carbon paper used by the British Ministry of War in a manner that has caused their typewriters to gum up and crash, leaving their paper a blue mess.  We've also heard that applying boot polish to the typewriter mechanism is able to prevent the problem, but only for a while, so the typewriters are having to be rebooted as needed.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies