FL-Sen-2016: If Rubio runs for Pres, he's out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:30:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Sen-2016: If Rubio runs for Pres, he's out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Sen-2016: If Rubio runs for Pres, he's out  (Read 986 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: April 02, 2014, 08:41:43 PM »

Really makes no sense when Rubio could just cut a deal with Scott this year to support in the legislature and eventually sign a bill lifting the prohibition on a simultaneous run in return for Rubio's support and money this year in Scott's re-election campaign. I would presume he still runs for re-election because his 2013 immigration move already destroys his chances of winning the primary and if he looked at the polls, he should know the obvious choice given the frontrunner for his Senate seat is a 0-2 Democrat who already lost statewide.

In the case that he doesn't run again or he just loses re-election, I would bet either on a 2018 run (if Nelson retires) or a 2022 Senate run against whichever Democrat he lost to in the first place because I doubt he would run against Crist assuming he runs again and beats Scott this year and with other FL Republicans already interested in the Governorship, I think his mind will stay on the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies