FL-Sen-2016: If Rubio runs for Pres, he's out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:44:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Sen-2016: If Rubio runs for Pres, he's out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Sen-2016: If Rubio runs for Pres, he's out  (Read 984 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:52 PM »

FL GOP has a deep bench. Question for Sanchez and other Floridians is whether those folks would run for an open Senate seat or stick with guv. I doubt Rubio would run for Nelson's seat - much more likely he switches anyways.
I doubt Rubio would run. I think Putnam wants to be Governor, as does Bondi. The primary between those two will be interesting. Atwater's bid to take over the FAU presidency shows that he is more interested in a cushy job than power, so I don't think he is as likely to enter an already crowded primary.

As for the Senate, look out for future Congresswoman Liz Benequisto. I'd also think about Will Weatherford; he might make a go for the position.

I agree with Sanchez here, especially on Weatherford. The guy seems ambitious, but really has nowhere to go after he's termed out of the State House - his State Sen seat and US House seat are both occupied by GOP incumbents, if I recall correctly. He certainly has the status to run for Senate. There's always Allen West too.

For the Dems - yeah, they're still FL Dems. I doubt Sink runs if she doesn't win an election between now and 2016. Charlie probably won't run either. We'll probably end up with Iorio or Buckhorn.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:18:11 PM »

Maybe and no. Paddy Murphy is lucky to have his seat to begin with, and while he will cling on this year, any good Republican can take him out later.

Kathy Castor's never seemed to me to have much ambition for the Senate. Murphy I'm bullish on - I could certainly see him going for it, given his fundraising so far, especially if he manages to hold on in 2014 by a larger-than-expected margin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies