Opinion of these charts ... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:56:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of these charts ... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of these charts ...  (Read 2595 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:43:30 AM »

I'd attribute it to high costs with a stay in hospital and certain airy fairy holistic or religious ideals some people have. My sister wanted to have her first birth at home and had some complications - luckily it turned out alright. After that she's given birth in hospitals. This was in Ohio, by the way. I'll never forget the midwives sitting calmly in the living room afterwards and asking us if we'd like to see the placenta. She proceded to lightly wiggle it back and forth between her hands. Yes. Hard to forget that. Luckily they didn't decide to toss it into a blender and drink it to become "closer to the baby" (people actually do this).

Anyway, it's pretty negligible. We all look at the graphs and go "oh my!" at the trend line but when you look at the percentages, some 98% of births are in hospitals. It's fringe. A more interesting graph would be C-sections vs. natural births (sorry this only goes to 2007).

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies