WI-6: Grothman to primary Petri (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:04:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-6: Grothman to primary Petri (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-6: Grothman to primary Petri  (Read 1723 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 11, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »

Petri is retiring
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »

Congratulations Representative Grothman

Good luck surviving 2016.

WHAT? First of all, Grothman lives far outside the district and will have difficulty competing with the district's own politicians. Secondly, this is a district Obama barely carried in 2008 (when he won the country by 7 percentage points, so R+7), but then it swung at a significantly higher-than-average level to the Republicans in 2012 (Romney won it by 7 points while Obama won the country by 4, so R+11). That's barely gettable in a wave year (and Grothman would be a flawed incumbent should he win), but I don't think Grothman would be likelier to lose reelection than to win. This is a pretty red district.

I agree. Grothman would make the seat vunerable, as he is insane. I know that word gets thrown around a lot when describing the far-right, but Grothman is unlikable, mean, and literally insane. He introduced a bill to ban weekends.

However, this retirement is sure to draw in other Republicans (State Rep. Duey Stroebel is already considering), who are much more likely to win the nomination. This seat is red, and Obama only on it in 2008 because he over performed in Wisconsin.

I'll call this Safe R unless Grothman really builds up steam.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies