Do you believe Link was an Einzige sock?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:56:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you believe Link was an Einzige sock?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you believe Link was an Einzige sock?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Do you believe Link was an Einzige sock?  (Read 1985 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »

It's a view as irrational and moronic as Truthers and Birthers.

Perhaps now, but back when Grumps actually made the statement, there was actually some circumstantial evidence that supported it.

That's a bit of a stretch.

"OMG! Someone angry and easily irritable is posting now and there was someone who was angry and easily irritable in the past who was banned! It must be the same person because we all know such traits are very rare to find on the Internet!"
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »

Perhaps now, but back when Grumps actually made the statement, there was actually some circumstantial evidence that supported it.

I'm not aware of any such evidence.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »

Especially as Grumps refused to give ANY when asked for it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »

Especially as Grumps refused to give ANY when asked for it.

I rendered an opinion.  Write an open letter if you don't like it.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 12:23:37 AM »

Of course not. Gramps was either off his meds or on his "meds" when he thought of that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »

"OMG! Someone angry and easily irritable is posting now and there was someone who was angry and easily irritable in the past who was banned! It must be the same person because we all know such traits are very rare to find on the Internet!"

It was more than that.  You don't actually know what it was, and I'd rather not disclose it publicly, but you have no clue whether or not it's a stretch at all, since you weren't actually privy to the evidence.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »

It was more than that.  You don't actually know what it was, and I'd rather not disclose it publicly, but you have no clue whether or not it's a stretch at all, since you weren't actually privy to the evidence.

I read every thread on the mod board, Inks, and I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.  I don't remember anyone ever presenting any evidence that suggested that Link was a sock.  But admittedly, discussion of Link's behavior has existed on and off for 2+ years, so I'm not necessarily going to remember everything that was said back in 2012.  Tongue
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »

And Grumps never had access to this secret supposed evidence either, making his "opinion" (actually it's not, it's an objectively false fact. It's as objective false and proven false as stating "George McGovern won the 1972 Presidential election.") not exactly based on it either.

And Link's posting style was incredibly different. Einzige was actually pretty tame in his socks for one. But he still loved to write long paragraphs about various topics, something Link never did. Einzige for all his faults also never had Link's, he was never a misogynist, he lacked the reading comprehension problems Link had that would cause him to strawman against people who didn't even necessarily disagree with him or respond with strange non-sequitors against things that were never even implied, like Tender Branson's thread asking why American blacks have different accents than whites, and of course as Linus pointed out Link also seemed to lack an "is/ought" distinction, while Einzige would frequently post about how he thought things should be and things he wanted to not happen that clearly did. The two were also quite different politically, as Link defended the NSA spying and attacked Bradley Manning and Assange's leaks, obviously quite different from the positions Einzige would take.

Essentially the two were very very different.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 06:17:36 PM »

I read every thread on the mod board, Inks, and I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.  I don't remember anyone ever presenting any evidence that suggested that Link was a sock.  But admittedly, discussion of Link's behavior has existed on and off for 2+ years, so I'm not necessarily going to remember everything that was said back in 2012.  Tongue

I never brought it to the mod board because it was brought to me after he'd already been banned, and was easily debunkable as a mod (but not someone without access to the IP tools).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 07:14:32 PM »

I never brought it to the mod board because it was brought to me after he'd already been banned, and was easily debunkable as a mod (but not someone without access to the IP tools).

Now I'm really confused.  You say that there was circumstantial evidence suggesting that he was a sock.  But that it was evidence only available to mods, yet you were the only mod who actually looked at it or even knew that it existed, and once you looked at it, you debunked it and realized that it didn't suggest that he was a sock at all?  OK…….
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »

Mr Modern, I shared some things with Inks that didn't pan out to be true. Can we leave it at that ? 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »

Now I'm really confused.  You say that there was circumstantial evidence suggesting that he was a sock.  But that it was evidence only available to mods, yet you were the only mod who actually looked at it or even knew that it existed, and once you looked at it, you debunked it and realized that it didn't suggest that he was a sock at all?  OK…….

It was only available to me, not all the mods. But being a mod, it was easily proven to be false.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies