Are you focused on the Champions League?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you focused on the Champions League?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Are you focused on the Champions League?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Are you focused on the Champions League?  (Read 589 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2014, 05:03:59 PM »

Despite not really tolerating any remaining team, I'm obviously focused on this exciting tournament.

As I said last year, Our Dear Friend should really try to watch! It will be great preparation for the World Cup. You know he'll experiment with that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

Yes, I'm hoping for PSG to go all the way this year.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »

Despite not really tolerating any remaining team, I'm obviously focused on this exciting tournament.

As I said last year, Our Dear Friend should really try to watch! It will be great preparation for the World Cup. You know he'll experiment with that.

FC Eskimo Joe will win the League obviously.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »

Yes (normal)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 06:17:48 PM »

Only sports I focus on involve Greek Week.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

No.

Just find it hard to give much of a  about soccer at the domestic level, given I have no real background in the sport and my country's domestic league is dire.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »

Supporting the most Italian team (I can't really support them because they're a fake club and French/Parisian) over two German teams? Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 08:20:39 PM »

I really wish I found soccer at all interesting to watch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »

...aren't you always one of those bandwagon types whenever an international tournament comes around?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 08:32:56 PM »

...aren't you always one of those bandwagon types whenever an international tournament comes around?

No? I mean, I'll watch the World Cup like everyone else and I find soccer very interesting from an organizational standpoint, but I'm pretty open about not enjoying watching it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 08:46:32 PM »

No? I mean, I'll watch the World Cup like everyone else and I find soccer very interesting from an organizational standpoint, but I'm pretty open about not enjoying watching it.

Never once heard you state that you don't like watching it especially since you've commented in other Soccer threads. Since you aren't forced to sit down and watch, I assumed you enjoyed at least casually watching the sport.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »

When I say that I wish I enjoyed it, I genuinely mean that. I'd like to be able to talk about these things. As it is, what I know about soccer I know through osmosis, since I have a number of friends who are very much into it. One of my roommates works as a soccer referee.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 10:39:37 PM »

Is this some kind of superhero comic book?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »

Supporting the most Italian team (I can't really support them because they're a fake club and French/Parisian) over two German teams? Wink

I want all those German national team players well rested for the World Cup. Wink

Looks like the final is going to be Bayern-Real Madrid though, and there's really no way that wouldn't be an amazing game.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »

No.

Just find it hard to give much of a  about football at the domestic level, given I have no real background in the sport and my country's domestic league is dire.
It's football, not soccer.

I actually loathe this sport, but that just irks me, maybe 'cuz I like the English Terminology better, considering in actual Football, you use your foot.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »

I want all those German national team players well rested for the World Cup. Wink

Looks like the final is going to be Bayern-Real Madrid though, and there's really no way that wouldn't be an amazing game.

Well, we can't say it looks like that will be the Final when we don't know how the Semis will be drawn. That could be a Semi final. I hope it isn't though. I want Real Madrid vs. Chelsea next round so Mourinho has to go back to Madrid. That said, it would be awesome to see him lose to Madrid in the Final (in Portugal, no less).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »

No.

Just find it hard to give much of a  about football at the domestic level, given I have no real background in the sport and my country's domestic league is dire.

I actually loathe this sport, but that just irks me, maybe 'cuz I like the English Terminology better, considering in actual Football, you use your foot.

It stands to reason that an Australian poster on an American website would use the term "soccer" as is standard in both countries.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »

No.

It stands to reason that an Australian poster on an American website would use the term "soccer" as is standard in both countries.
Well, I like to call it football.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 06:44:09 AM »

No.

Well, I like to call it football.

And that's cool but this whole, "It's not Soccer!" is as idiotic as the dopes here that insist it shouldn't be called Football.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 06:48:21 AM »

Yes (not normal, it seems)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 06:50:55 AM »

This is an American forum, remember. 90% of them thinks the sporting world revolves around them.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 06:53:01 AM »

This is an American forum, remember. 90% of them thinks the sporting world revolves around them.

Ah, I can't wait for the arguments during the World Cup when the ignorants insist the Super Bowl is the biggest single sporting event on the planet. These arguments will often coincide with their point that the U.S. will romp to three victories in the Group stage. 
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »

Ah, I can't wait for the arguments during the World Cup when the ignorants insist the Super Bowl is the biggest single sporting event on the planet. These arguments will often coincide with their point that the U.S. will romp to three victories in the Group stage. 

Come on, Phil. You know if Italy tried to play American football that we'd kick their asses. With our feet. Because football.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2014, 07:20:45 AM by Snowstalker »

Absolutely. MLS fans are terribles and I hope to bask in their pain when the time comes.

BTW, did Bushie get into the World Cup at all back in 2010? It would be hilarious to see that this year.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 10:52:23 AM »

And yet, oddly enough, they actually like soccer.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies