Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:06:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71067 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2014, 06:55:47 AM »

From Navy Secretary Truman Newberry
To- Commanding Officer of the Ottoman Navy

With the US Navy's Mediterranean Task Force based in Constantinople, we are pleased to provide basic defense for your waters while you work to rebuild your navy and nation
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2014, 07:05:20 AM »

OOC
I hadn't realized the straits were demilitarized- so the HQ for my task force is in IZMIR, not Constantinople

My apologies
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »

Due to demilitarization of the straits, the primary base of the Ottoman Navy shall be relocated to Izmir, with secondary bases in Mesrin and Beirut to be established as the rebuilding of the fleet progresses.

From Navy Secretary Truman Newberry
To- Commanding Officer of the Ottoman Navy

With the US Navy's Mediterranean Task Force based in Constantinople, we are pleased to provide basic defense for your waters while you work to rebuild your navy and nation

To: Secretary of the Navy Truman Newberry

Welcome to our shores!

I welcome the efforts of the Ottoman Empire to combat Anarchism in every country. Since my country has terribly been affected by this menace, I propose a international treaty concerning and condeming Anarchism.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Kaiser Wilhelm III

x Abdul Hamid II

I'd like to propose an amendment that would create a joint commission made up from representatives of the law enforcement from all countries that signed the treaty, to coordinate international efforts and share informations.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »

Such an amendment would be a great idea!
I'm delighted that you already signed the treaty, Mani Sultan.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2014, 07:13:04 AM »

The Treaty of Hamburg:

1. Anarchism is hereby condemmed and illegalized. Every fellow convicted of Anarchism shall be forwarded to the courts of his home country.

2. Every nation signing this treaty shall create a special police force to combat Anarchism. If this is not possible, for whatever reason, nations can turn to the German Empire, who will stay by with aid and training facilities.

3. Every nation that calls itsself civilized is invited to sign this treaty.

Signed
President William McKinley

I am pleased to provide a unit from my Bureau of Investigation- which has had success combating anarchism in the USA
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:01 AM »

Well, seems I have a lot of requests this turn. I'll give you the answers later today!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2014, 01:54:12 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

France
=) Emile Loubet pardons Dreyfus. "With our recent victory, it's time to reconcile French people. That's why I hereby pardon Dreyfus. This problem has definitely destroyed France's unity. And with the new Waldeck Rousseau's government, who unites anti Dreyfus and pro Dreyfus, I think it's time to definitely end the trial."

Germany
=) Germany is in mourning. However, most Germans seem to be happy with Wilhelm III, who is seen as a young, reformist, ambitious monarch.

The Ottoman Empire
=) Not dead yet? Despite having lost the last war, the new regent seems to show willingness to accomplish reforms that could definitely make the Ottoman Empire stronger.

Italia
=) Victorino Emanuel Ramirez III hospitalized but nothing important. Officially, the Italian King was just sick. But everyone knows the King's love for alcohol.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »

Sultan to his inner circle (more of reflections than orders):

-- It's a tragedy the war did occur before we were able to reform our state. While we could have waged a long and fierce resistance, that would be just too much of a gamble.

-- There are a few bright spots. The opposition is paralyzed and our state remaining basically intact.

-- I bear no ill will toward Prime Minister Salisbury, Prime Minister Waldeck-Rousseau and, alas, Tsar Nicholas. They did what I would do if I were in their place, given our weakness. Yet, they showed a lot of restraint and good will for which I'm very grateful.

Naturally, it's unthinkable for me or any of my ministers to say such a thing in public, given how much the general public hates them. So we need to keep appearances for now.

-- Loss of the Holy Sites of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem hurts us immensely as Muslims, but, outside of Palestine, these areas were of little strategic and economic value. We still are the only holder of the Caliphate.

-- Losing the Balkans is a blessing in disguise. There provinces were nothing but source of sorrow for me and my predecessors. They brought us nothing but wars, rebelions, costing human potential, funds, and distracting us from reforms. It grieves me territorial losses occurred during my reign but it was bound to happen anyway.

-- Libya was impossible to hold in a long run. Not without a strong naval force we lacked.

-- The Alliance with America, world's rising powers, is our priority and our future. Allah bless and protect President McKinley and his Republican Party! Just imagine isolationist Cleveland or that wacko Bryan in charge instead. HORRENDOUS!

-- With the country to save, we need to push serious economic and social reforms to improve lives of our citizens and isolate the radicals. Now, when there's so much to do, there's no time for political freedoms.

-- Yes, I'm serious about respecting the Kurdish rights (once there's a peace there). This can be our framework for huge administrative and constitutional reform.

-- We need to revive the policy of "Ottomanism" my great father has pursed now that we have less of hostile minorities. Turkish nationalism is a stupidity, as we have to bring the Turks, Arab and Kurds together as citizens of the Ottoman State - "Ottoman nationalists". We're now almost entirely a Muslim country, that's an important factor. Never forget that.

-- For a long time me, and those in my inner circle, were dubbed conservative or even reactionary. Partly because we believed it's the right way, frankly because our opponents called themselves a "reformists". No more. To survive we must become serious reformers ourselves.

-- I was too long known as "Abdul the Red" or "Abdul the Damned", so it's very unlikely I will ever become "Abdul the Beloved". I shall be satisfied with "Abdul the Acceptable", so my preferred successors and continuators of my works can be "Whateher-His-Name Beloved".

-- Well, you know where we stand. I'm off to my Harem. 

-- Oh, before I forget. Send a telegram to that drunk Italian King, wishing him a speed recovery.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2014, 03:01:16 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2014, 04:33:55 PM by Senator Meiji (D-NC) »

We immediately appoint Matsukata Masayoshi to serve as Governor-General of the Philippines, citing his experience and the necessity to keep our other candidates (Hirobumi and Kaoru) close to the capital to serve as advisors given their particular experience in financial matters. We also do not wish want to appoint a military choice - we intend to welcome the Filipino people, and do not wish to make this appear a military occupation.

We welcome our Filipino brothers into the Empire of Japan. Though we are unwilling to grant them independence at this time, we are willing to negotiate with rebel leaders. We shall grant the people citizenship under the same laws as the home islands. We shall move to establish an elected advisory committee to the Governor-General composed of local citizens, and the people of the islands shall be eligible to serve in and vote for the Diet.

We agree with the Ottoman message of reconciliation, and graciously accept their thanks for our neutrality. We shall dispatch Yamagata Aritomo to the Ottoman Empire to observe and assist in the rebuilding of the navy alongside the American delegation, to share naval knowledge between our three great nations.

The Emperor has always paid great respect to modernization. However, given threatening naval reforms on the part of Russia, their extension of their sphere of influence into key parts of Manchuria (with farther possible aims on Korea) we must focus on the defense of the state. Expand the naval buildup.

We note the United Kingdom attempting to bring notice to the plight of the Jewish people. In particular, we note that many Jews are currently suffering ill-treatment at the hands of the Russians. In order to assist those suffering under Russian oppression, particularly given that some have claimed that the Jews are ancient cousins of the Japanese, we welcome all those Jews in Russia to immigrate to our vibrant Jewish communities in Yokohama and Nagasaki or in any other part of Japan they may wish to settle in. The Japanese government will offer temporary shelter, health care, transportation and food for the first six months of settlement (until they can establish themselves and settle in Japan) to these immigrants fleeing Russian aggression. They shall be given complete freedom of religion and at least some measure of educational autonomy should they be willing to accept our offer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »

To: The United States

We are very grateful for your financial aid and for responding positively to our military request.

x Abdul Hamid II

To: The Empire of Japan

Thank you for your positive response regarding establishing closer ties. We are much obliged for your proposed naval assistance.

x Abdul Hamid II

To: The United Kingdom

Would you be interested in joining the Cairo-Jerusalem Railway with the Istanbul-Baghdad Railway, once those two are completed?

x Abdul Hamid II

(aaaaand I'm off to bed Wink )
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »

To: Kingdom of Albania, Kingdom of Greece

I would like to establish a military and economic alliance between our three kingdoms. What say you all?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »

To: The United Kingdom

Would you be interested in joining the Cairo-Jerusalem Railway with the Istanbul-Baghdad Railway, once those two are completed?

x Abdul Hamid II

Yes we would be.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2014, 09:18:31 AM by Abdul the Damned »

Honoring our alliance with the United States of America, the Ottoman Empire is hereby declaring war on the Republic of Venezuela.

-- Dispatch a regiment ready to be deployed to aid our American allies in the Carribean if needed. Of course they would need assistance of the U.S. Navy to cross the Ocean.

-- Froze and Venezuelan assets in the Ottoman Empire (I don't know if there are such, but nonetheless)

Statement:

Despite our recent and present challenges at home, the Ottoman Empire remains firmly committed to work with the United States. We cannot just expect aid without being ready to contribute.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »

We thank our Ottoman allies for joining us

We also thank our allies the British and our friends the Germans and Italians for being supportive of our efforts

I hereby order a total naval blockade of Venezuela- concentrated on its largest port city, Puerto Cabello. Any ship attempting to circumvent the blockade will be sunk. This will continue until the government releases the merchant ships it has captured and agrees to negotiations for settling its debt
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »

After a long and thorough consider, and for the good peace; Germany has made a treaty with France, giving up the French majority parts of Alsace Lorraine.

x Kaiser Wilhelm III of the House of Hohenzollern, King of Prussia and Deutscher Kaiser

(OOC: these are the orange parts:
 The above is German and says which German/French dialects were spoken in Alsace-Lorraine in the 19th century. Green and blue tones are German dialects, Orange French dialects.)

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »

OOC: Yeah you're getting overthrown.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »

x Kaiser Wilhelm III of the House of Hohenzollern, King of Prussia and Deutscher Kaiser
x Prime Minister Pierre Waldeck-Rousseau

(OOC: these are the orange parts:
 The above is German and says which German/French dialects were spoken in Alsace-Lorraine in the 19th century. Green and blue tones are German dialects, Orange French dialects.)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »

OOC: Not me. Tongue I averted a war, got a portion of French territory back for a small cost and signed a treaty to secure our border with our age-old rival.

But then I suppose it could be considered a negative that I didn't take the whole thing, but I think overall this should be considered a positive for France.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »

OOC: What good is a useless area of people hating me and the Germans, and what good is a war with France? I wouldn't say so. And I didn't give up all of it, I kept the parts that are of use to me.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »

OOC: What good is a useless area of people hating me and the Germans, and what good is a war with France? I wouldn't say so. And I didn't give up all of it, I kept the parts that are of use to me.

Alsace-Lorraine was something the German people was never willing to give up. I'll have an update on some choices for the upcoming Reichstag election, which is now pretty much the only thing that saves you from a coup.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2014, 01:09:24 PM by Victorino Emanuel Ramirez III »

To: Kingdom of Germany

Give another acre of land to anyone else and Italy leaves the Quadruple Alliance. We are extremely concerned with the wanton giveaway of land that your country has engaged in for the past few years in the name of "diplomacy".

OOC: Orders will be in around 5:30 tonight.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »

OOC- when does this turn end?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »

1902 Midterms

I send Vice President John Hay to meet with the Republican Congressional leaders to get their input on a domestic agenda- I ask that they be ready to work with me to enact it. While we have been focused on foreign policy, it is time that we begin focusing on our Republican agenda here at home

To the American people- in the past two years,we have undergone national tragedy with the assassination of Vice President Roosevelt. We have pursued alliances and established leadership of our hemisphere. We are building a navy which will secure our homeland from foreign attack for perpetuity. Give my party a majority in our next Congress and you will see what we can do when we concentrate our efforts here at home... We have achieved peace, it is now time to continue the prosperity that our peace has earned us. Our alliances have given us ample opportunity for trade and our navy will secure those channels. Vote Republican in 1902
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2014, 02:19:37 PM »

It's going to take time. I have to update Venezuela and the Reichstag election, and I have like 40 to 50 PM's of this turn alone, so trust me, it's going to take time, xD
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2014, 02:26:40 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2014, 02:33:53 PM by Abdul the Damned »

It's going to take time. I have to update Venezuela and the Reichstag election, and I have like 40 to 50 PM's of this turn alone, so trust me, it's going to take time, xD

I guess I contributed a lot to this number...

Maybe we can agree not to post anything new in this turn, maybe sans for stuff that was delayed?

I don't want to temper anyone's creativity, so whatever Lumine thinks is best Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies