Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:39:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71427 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2014, 08:13:51 PM »

To: United Kingdom of Great Britain, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and Half the Damn World

We send our condolences to the British people on the passing of Lord Salisbury.

To: Austro-Hungarian Empire

Send our congratulations to Franz Ferdinand for his ascent to the throne. We look toward future cooperation.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #226 on: April 23, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »

To the UK- We mourn the death of a dear friend, Lord Salisbury.... congratulations to the new Prime Minister Balfour

Republican Party Politics

I gather several leaders of the Republican Party for a meeting at the Executive Mansion. I call John Hay, Mark Hanna, Truman Newberry, and Robert La Follette- the Governor of Wisconsin who is a leading voice of the Progressives. I explain that we need to maintain an open dialogue and that we need to approach issues as multiple voices within a party, not as separate parties or even factions within a party. By sticking together- we maintain the majority of American’s ideologies under our big tent and we will win elections for a generation.

I explain that one of the benefits of our aggressive foreign policy is economic prosperity…by expanding trade and resources, we expand the American economy. As I have demonstrated- I do not seek colonies on the other side of the world…I have cooperated with our allies such as Japan to ensure lands outside our domain are out of our responsibility. I have indeed worked to master our domain which has added to our national prestige and prosperity.

I pledge that I will give the Progressives the first voice on domestic policy if they pledge not to attempt to reverse any aspects of our foreign policy. To show my seriousness- I offer to nominate La Follette as Secretary of the Treasury and my chief lieutenant for domestic policy.

On the issue of a third term- I am privately announcing to this group that I will not seek a third consecutive term in the tradition of George Washington, which I will announce to the country next turn. I plan to run for a third term if the national climate is right in 1908 however. For 1904- I propose and will support Vice President Hay as a unifying candidate for our party, with Governor La Follette as the Vice Presidential nominee. I also propose that La Follette be the VP nominee in 1908 with my support for the Presidential nomination in 1912 when he will still be a very young man. I propose we agree to these guidelines to ensure a diversity of ideas at the top of the ticket and harmony in our party

Military Orders re: Russo-Japanese War

I order ALL UNITS of the US military to be on high alert and ready to mobilize. I order two battle groups from the Pacific Fleet in San Diego- each consisting of a battleship, destroyer, two cruisers, three frigates, and support ships- to join the Asiatic Task Force in Manila immediately. I order Secretary Taft and Secretary Newberry to begin planning to defend American interests in the area and for other contingency plans

To Russia and Japan-
The USA has signed different alliances with both of your nations. The treaty with Russia is a defensive alliance and the treaty with Japan is more broad. Russia was the nation to declare war on Japan,not vice versa....this fact is indisputable and will be considered as the USA considers its policy. In the meantime, I urge both nations to exercise restraint and stand down. The USA honors its treaties,and it is only a matter of which treaty applies in this case. I urge those in St. Petersburg to take note of this

Cuba Policy

I propose a 99-year lease of Guantanamo Bay in exchange for a removal of US troops from anywhere else on the island

Venezuela

Maintain the blockade. I order the a 5,000 man brigade to be moved with all due haste to our staging area in Guantanamo Bay in the event further force is needed. I urge President Castro to come to the table immediately to resolve this issue and move forward peacefully. In the meantime- I order the planting of mines to commence beginning in Puerto Cabello and extending to other port cities on the coast if the Venezuelan govt does not negotiate

Ottoman Empire

We will provide any assistance to our friends and allies- we are grateful to have them with us
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »

To: United States of America

Russia holds absolutely no territorial ambitions or ill will towards the United States. Our declaration of war upon Japan was a necessary measure both to defend our country from further attacks and to cap further Japanese expansion which we believe poses a threat to every nation with Pacific interests.  We do not ask the United States to go to war with a nation it is allied with, but we also ask that Congress does not declare war on Russia either.

To: The United Kingdom, Austria-Hungary

We congratulate the new Prime Minister Arthur Balfour in Britain and the new Emperor Franz Ferdinand in Austria and extend our hopes for peace and cooperation with both of their countries.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »

To Russia-

Your reckless admirals drew first blood and your response was to declare war on Japan. Regardless of the expansion of their navy- they did not start this. Your men did and your government in St. Petersburg chose to escalate it by declaring war.
I am not declaring war at this time....I urge you to consult with your ministers while the option of peace still remains
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:41 PM »

I order the formation of a Special Battle Group within the Pacific Fleet consisting of five battleships, five destroyers, ten cruisers, fifteen frigates, and support ships including mine planters to deploy from San Diego sailing towards Japanese waters

I order two brigades of the US Army to be ready for immediate deployment to the Far East
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »

OOC: I'd like to protest the "penalty" I got because I'm 100% sure I answered all of my crises from the past turn, and just opted to do nothing about them (and I made it clear that I was ignoring #1 and #3 to not destabilize my economy). I sent in my orders, and I don't feel like I'm being penalized for anything wrong.

Well, I may have made a mistake while collecting all of the answers and messages (and they were a lot so it was easy to get lost). I'll be more careful next time (and I'll search in case in case I actually overlooked the answer), and in the meantime I'll remove the penalty. The crisis will remain there in case you wish to chance the course of action, but I'll create new ones if you wish.

Whatever you feel like doing is fine. I'd honestly prefer a few new crises, but if you don't have the time I understand.

Old crisis replaced in the start of turn post, and once again, my apologies, Sawx!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

The USA has seen the Russians (in the war thread) propose a deescalation to pursue negotiations.... we urge the Japanese to use this window of opportunity to end this conflict on their terms
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2014, 04:51:28 AM »

The Ottoman Empire, that was just reminded the horrors of war, is deeply disturbed by the conflict in the Far East and urges the belligerents to find a peaceful resolution before we all will face a global catastrophe.

We are condemning a gang of irresponsible Russian Admirals for firing the first shots. We believe they acted against His Majesty's wishes and that St. Petersburg will act responsibly.

To: Garrisons on the Russian and Orthodox League borders

-- The border control must be tightened.

-- Alert status. Do not respond to any provocations shall such occur. Defend yourself if attacked.

-- Send regular reports.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2014, 05:29:23 AM »

To: The United Kingdom

Contrary to my people wishes, which are no secret to the world, I do not want to see more troubles in the Middle East. It would led to more rage of my subjects and distract them from real priorities, such as reforming our state.

We are welcoming your proposal of peaceful mediation and if you agree, we can proceed with such in Ankara (Constantinopole is not the best place for such exposed task).

There are two small things we would like to ask your assistance with. First, we are, as you know, facing similar troubles in Kurdistan. We have situation under control militarily, but someone from outside is using those radical militants. Any relevant Intel you have or may have would be appreciated.

Second, we still face a refugee crisis, so some assistance is welcomed. Also, such aid would greatly improve the British image internally.

x Abdul Hamid II
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »

Deutsches Reich - Early 1903

DIPLOMACY:
To: United Kingdom
We send our condolences regarding the loss of Prime Minister Salisbury, and congrulate the new Prime Minister Arthur Balfour. May both our countries and our relations thrive!

To: Austria Hungary
I deeply congratulate Franz Ferdinand for his acension to the Austro-Hungarian Throne. Austria-Hungary is our close ally and friend, and we hope that this will stay this way for a long time coming.

To: Japan
You are our close ally, and we fully intend to keep it this way. We hope that your recent conflict with the Russian Empire can be resolved peacefully, but should it escalate further, we will certainly not hesitate to aid our ally.
I hereby remind our other allies in the Quadruple Alliance that we are in an alliance with Japan, and it is our duty as gentlemen to honor this agreement and help Japan against foreign aggressors.

To: Russia
Your generals shed blood, and you declared war upon our ally. This is not acceptable. We urge you to come to a peaceful resolving of this current conflict, otherwise we will not hesitate to help our ally Japan, also with military responses.

DOMESTIC POLICIES:

I agree with Chancellor von Bülow that the security of Germany and its borders are important. Therefore, I agree to further strengthen our army, both on land, and the navy. Furthermore, I will propose investments and researchs in modern airal transportation means, also for military use. I will also agree on the fortification of our border with France, and I would also agree to build a fortification line in Prussia and German Poland. The planning of certain events is also important fot Germany's security, and I will therefore approve of it as well
I will however veto the prosecution of the war in German South West; I say to the border of the Native lands and no further. I encourage however Germans to settle in GSW, and to found cities and settlements in this area, for trade and farming purposes. 
I share the Chancellors opinion that the Krupp incident was caused by anarchists, and demand a swifter implementation of the Treaty of Hamburg.
Finally, I will drop the proposal to abolish the nobility.

VENEZUELA
We will send a second division to Puerto Caballo, and hold up the blocade until Venezuela agrees to pay his debts. Should success come not until July, we will negotiate with our allied powers in this conflict over an invasion of mainland Venezuela.

INTERNAL:
To: German Secret Services
Pursue the Krupp incident. Report me immediately should it be the work of foreign powers.

To: German Embassy in London
Try to negotiate over the repurchase of the recent sold parts of the German colonial empire.

To: Border garrison to Russia
Tighten control at the border. If any hostile events occur, fight back immediately. Also I will send more men to the border, to defend Germany should the current conflict escalate.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #235 on: April 24, 2014, 05:48:32 AM »

Oh, and I thank the Nobel Price comitee for selecting me. I urge Mr Waldeck-Rossaeu to decline accepting it, as I intend to do; if he however accepts it, I will certainly accept it as well.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »

URGENT: KRUPP FACTORY BOMBS
As I instructed them to do, my agents investigated the backgrounds of the Krupp Factory bombings. They pursued the incident, and found out that the bombers were directed by the court in St. Petersburg. Given Russia's aggression in the East, and our close alliance with Japan, this is seen as the last straw in a turn of events, and I hereby declare war on Russia.
(OOC: Is it okay if I send you my war turns tomorrow, Lumine; I don't have the time for it anymore today)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2014, 09:38:36 AM »

URGENT: KRUPP FACTORY BOMBS
As I instructed them to do, my agents investigated the backgrounds of the Krupp Factory bombings. They pursued the incident, and found out that the bombers were directed by the court in St. Petersburg. Given Russia's aggression in the East, and our close alliance with Japan, this is seen as the last straw in a turn of events, and I hereby declare war on Russia.
(OOC: Is it okay if I send you my war turns tomorrow, Lumine; I don't have the time for it anymore today)

Don't worry, since the war has expanded this might create further declarations of war, so tomorrow will be just fine.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »

Ok thanks. Since playing nicely was no good idea, let's see how playing that way is Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »

Russia denies any responsibility in the attacks on the Krupp factories and harshly condemns Germany for shooting first and asking questions later. We would freely negotiate a solution and offer to cooperate in weeding out anarchists, but as Germany has ruled that out themselves and chosen to unilaterally attack us, Russia hereby declares that a state of war exists with the German Reich.

We appeal to our most important ally, France, to respond to Germany's aggression in kind.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #240 on: April 24, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »

I appeal to France to honor our treaty, that includes the honor of our mutual borders and friendship between our nations.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #241 on: April 24, 2014, 11:04:33 AM »

We are very disturbed with Russian declaration of war against Germany. Once again, we appeal for restrain to all sides involved.

The Caliph of Islam (yup, me Tongue ) calls upon all Faithful to pray for peace.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »

We are very disturbed with Russian declaration of war against Germany. Once again, we appeal for restrain to all sides involved.

The Caliph of Islam (yup, me Tongue ) calls upon all Faithful to pray for peace.

Germany declared war on us first and we have an obligation to defend our country.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »

Germany declared war on us first and we have an obligation to defend our country.

OOC: Fair point, but we're kinda biased now Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »

To: The Japanese Empire; The Russian Empire; The German Empire
CC: The whole damn World

We ask the belligerents to give peace a chance before crossing the point of no return.

We propose:

- A temporary cease fire

- Agreeing to a mediation of a neutral power (Brazil? Spain? Portugal? Sweden? Freaking Switzerland?)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2014, 12:25:08 PM »

We would be glad to host talks in Rome, as we have plans to stay neutral.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »

Economic orders:

- Commence improving existing roads, as well as building new ones, in Anatolia. With our allies helping to improve our military, we can hopefully direct more domestic funds here.

- Our country must be more industrialized. Ankara and its area shall become a center for new works. Seek foreign assistance and investments.

Government:

We shall create a second chamber of parliament, called the Senate. Senate shall be a deliberative body (may change later, we'll see how it goes), made up from representatives of three main nations of the Empire (Turks, Arabs and Kurds) in equal number (10 Senators). Leading minorities will be assigned 2 Senators each.

To emphasize a need to develop Anatolia beside Constantinopole, the Senate shall be located in Ankara.

Propaganda points:

-- Massive domestic works are not only a golden opportunity for workers, it also shows the new, better state is being built

-- With aid from our allies and their presence, our military is on the road to regain it's rightful position among armies of the nation

-- Our participation in Venezuelan conflict shows we're back in business

-- Kurdish radicals are on the run. Soon there will be peace withing again
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »

To: The Russian Empire, The German Empire and The Japanese Empire :

France condemns the escalation of the War and calls upon the warring powers for a peace agreement. We feel this war was started unnecessarily and must be brought to a close. We ask the three powers to meet with a mediator nation.

--- Further Orders: All military on the Alsace-Lorraine Border are to remain at high alert, but do not engage without orders. All troops and vessels in the Pacific are to mobilize and remain on High Alert, but do not engage unless attacked.

France finds it unfortunate, but necessary that our military now be in a complete state of preparedness.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »

We agree to the Sultans proposal, but only if Russia and our ally Japan do as well.

We thank the King of Italy for his proposal, and we declare that we endorse talks in Rome.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »

The USA endorses talks in Rome and will send an envoy if such talks occur

The USA condemns the Russian propaganda accusing the Japanese of starting the war

Had Russia been the first attacked- the USA would have been obligated by our treaty to defend her and we would have honored our obligations. However, the behavior of the Tsar and his government are of grave concern to us. I hereby render the Russo-American Defensive Alliance VOID

If the Russians wish to negotiate a new treaty- they must come to the table to negotiate for peace immediately and must demilitarize the Russian Far East as a sign of good faith that they will not attack our Japanese allies again

I am not yet declaring war but the US military is ready to fight and win
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies