Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71603 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 07, 2014, 10:05:04 PM »

In general- I want to commit to having the largest navy in the world by the end of the decade... this must begin with the construction of the Great White Fleet.

Cuba- Their rejection of this amendment is unacceptable...I am ordering a full-scale invasion and occupation of the island with little mercy shown for rebels but all civilians treated with dignity and respect. I send Vice President Theodore Roosevelt to Miami with an invitation to the Cuban leadership to begin negotiations. I will not accept any Cuban independence until their leadership yields to American decision-making in foreign policy and trade and allows me to place troops there at will

Anarchism- I accept the proposals from France and Austria-Hungary to coordinate our responses to this threat. I order the Justice Department to begin a nationwide crackdown on such behavior.

Philippines- I order the immediate destruction of all Filipino troops who choose not to surrender their arms...I order Taft to establish sites across the Philippines to accept disarming rebels. Those who surrender are treated with dignity and allowed to return to their homes. In particularly troublesome areas- I order the withdrawal of any American missionaries or doctors and authorize commanders on the ground to use ANY MEANS NECESSARY to squash the rebellion

Domestic Policy- I ask my fellow Republicans to allow me some time to quickly and effectively deal with rebellions in our territories with a promise to consult with them as I create a domestic agenda soon afterwards

I will be following up with a Private Message to you....
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:27 PM »

To the United Kingdom-
From the USA-

I would be happy to participate in trade talks between our nations. I propose a summit at Niagara Falls as soon as possible... I will ask Senator Mark Hanna to lead the American delegation. I want to be clear that the United States will soon be in a position to maintain the defense of our hemisphere... thus- our conversations must include a plan to relocate British naval forces around Canada
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »

From the USA-
To the UK-

I am delighted to hear that we are on the same page... Our nation appreciates the sacrifice you have made by sending your men to fight alongside ours in Cuba and we are confident that between our forces, we will swiftly quell the uprising. May our Niagara summit be productive so our nations move forward together to face other challenges abroad
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:07:54 PM »

To Austria-Hungary

The USA is always pleased to discuss stronger economic bonds with other nations
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 08:42:54 PM »

If I may- please tell me if this is an issue- I will respond in parts....

First

To the Ottoman Empire- the USA would like to respectfully offer its assistance in helping your nation achieve her dream of a railway... I will be pleased to send money and manpower your way
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »

If I may- please tell me if this is an issue- I will respond in parts....

First

To the Ottoman Empire- the USA would like to respectfully offer its assistance in helping your nation achieve her dream of a railway... I will be pleased to send money and manpower your way

Oh, it is an issue, since you will have to choose a new VP and probably crack down on anarchism. But this one is also open for the rest of players to react and you are also free to address it as you prefer.
What I meant is this: I will be responding to all parts, but is it alright if I do so over multiple posts as I do not know if I will be at the computer long enough to type my entire response?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:20 PM »

Thank you Lumine......Now, as President McKinley-

I declare a week of national mourning....the assassination of our national heroes has been all to frequent in my lifetime and I urge all citizens to pray for America's future

I order to creation of an independent agency dedicated to domestic security- I would like a Bureau of Investigation to be formed under the supervision of the Attorney General, with other government departments and agencies to share resources as needed.

I nominate Secretary of State John Hay to become Vice President... Secretary Hay is a respected statesman whose service began as an aide to President Lincoln. He is a steady hand who I need by my side as I lead our nation through national crisis

--------------

To the UK- at the Niagara Falls Summit

I am pleased to consider any proposals you have to benefit both of our economies through trade. I propose the creation of a special economic zone including the Maritime Provinces- the closest North American port to Britain- in which Americans, Canadians, and British can travel freely... It is only fair- in this case- for the USA to take up its share of the burden to defend the trade routes. I propose a gradual commitment for an increased role in for the US Navy to ease the burden on the Royal Navy and the British treasury

By the end of 1902-
25% reduction in Royal Navy personnel in Canadian waters
The US Navy must match the personnel to assume their security objectives

By the end of 1903-
50% reduction in Royal Navy personnel in Canadian waters
The US Navy must match the personnel to assume their security objectives

With an expanding empire- Britain must rely on other friendly nations to pick up some of the burden. With Canada safely near the USA, I urge Britain to no longer feel obligated to waste resources defending land which can be defended by others instead of sending money, resources, and men to where all three are sorely needed
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 09:16:21 PM »

Lumine- by Spamage saying the agreement is acceptable...have we done all we need for that treaty to be signed and recognized?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »

Lumine- by Spamage saying the agreement is acceptable...have we done all we need for that treaty to be signed and recognized?

Of course, Clarence, you may now sign the treaty and the effects will be instantly acknowledged.
I hereby sign the treaty
President William McKinley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »

Philippines Policy

The USA has recognized international concerns- such as those of Japan- and President McKinley is disturbed by reports of war crimes occurring...It is in response to violent acts that this conflict began. I instruct Governor Taft- with assurances of reciprocity on the side of the Filipinos- to enforce a cease fire and an invitation to the Filipino President to begin peace negotiations, including potential home rule for the islands with continued American military presence

To Japan- I invite you to send a representative to observe these negotiations if they are to take place

The USA does not desire to be an imperialist power....our focus on on the Americas- our hemisphere. As our nation was born against colonialism, we have no desire to become what we once resisted. I will encourage intervention far abroad ONLY if it directly relates to American interests... while this ability will be maintained by a small military presence far abroad, I have no desire to dictate the destinies of peoples who may not want us there in the first place.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 12:21:13 AM »

To France-

I have ordered two US Navy hospital ships to come as quickly as possible to Martinique to aid with the disaster... Let us know if there is more we can do

Cuba Policy

I maintain a significant naval presence in Cuba at Guantanamo Bay and an army brigade in Havana to keep an eye on the place, but I withdraw most of my forces home and allow for home rule in Cuba.

Pennsylvania Strike

I instruct Hanna to call the union leaders and mining executives for a meeting at the White House- I agree to recognize the union if this meeting takes place and reasonable negotiations can follow. I ask for more information as to the economic impact of wage hikes and shorter hours- where is the tipping point
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 01:54:22 AM »

To the UK-

I did not anticipate you withdrawing your entire Canadian fleet to move to participate in the Ottoman conflict.... As a provisional security measure- I have sent several US Navy patrol boats to assist local Canadian forces. I would like to begin discussions with you regarding a potential agreement whereby the USA could take responsibility for Canada's defense. Of course, this decision must be made by the Canadian people and would be only in terms of defense, not government or any rejection of the King as the head of state- but if you are amenable to reducing the burden placed on the Royal Navy defending Canadian shores when the task could be performed by a friendly nation just to the south- why not?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:29 AM »

To Russia

The Russo-American Defensive Alliance

1- Russia and the USA agree to focus on their respective spheres of influence

2- Russia and the USA agree to act in each other's defense if attacked

Signed
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »

When does this turn end?
clarence
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »

To the UK-

I did not anticipate you withdrawing your entire Canadian fleet to move to participate in the Ottoman conflict.... As a provisional security measure- I have sent several US Navy patrol boats to assist local Canadian forces. I would like to begin discussions with you regarding a potential agreement whereby the USA could take responsibility for Canada's defense. Of course, this decision must be made by the Canadian people and would be only in terms of defense, not government or any rejection of the King as the head of state- but if you are amenable to reducing the burden placed on the Royal Navy defending Canadian shores when the task could be performed by a friendly nation just to the south- why not?

We shall consider it at length, and shall get back to you although the idea is being generally well received in Westminster. The United States has proven in the past it is a friendly nation towards Britain and Britain intends to treat it just as well in return.

I appreciate your expression of friendship and I assure you we feel the same to our mother nation

For the purposes of discussion- I propose the following treaty

The Transfer of Responsibility for the Defense of Canada Treaty

1- The Dominion of Canada remains a part of the British Empire with the Head of State remaining the King

2- The US Navy- in consultation with the Royal Navy- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian waters

3- The US Army- in consultation with the British Army- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian territorial integrity

4- The Parliaments of Canada and the United Kingdom maintain the right to direct the US Secretary of War and US Secretary of the Navy to adjust strategies or tactics at any time

5- This treaty shall take effect immediately
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »

To Germany-

I commend your leadership on this issue... the USA will send Vice President John Hay as our delegation leader if such talks occur
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 06:18:09 PM »

The Transfer of Responsibility for the Defense of Canada Treaty

1- The Dominion of Canada remains a part of the British Empire with the Head of State remaining the King

2- The US Navy- in consultation with the Royal Navy- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian waters

3- The US Army- in consultation with the British Army- shall assume responsibility for defending Canadian territorial integrity

4- The Parliaments of Canada and the United Kingdom maintain the right to direct the US Secretary of War and US Secretary of the Navy to adjust strategies or tactics at any time

5- This treaty shall take effect in two years- by the end of the Early 1904 turn

Signed
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 10:43:47 AM »

USA Policy on Turkish War

The USA remains neutral in this conflict- having friendly relations with all belligerents. The USA is nevertheless very concerned over reports of using opium to tame the population of the Ottoman Empire.... such warfare is unbecoming of our Western civilization. The USA also stands against imperialist designs such as the partition or division of an Empire to be split among European powers. I urge the leaders of the alliance to maintain respect for the peoples they are attempting to conquer and cancel plans to partition the Ottoman Empire into colonial spheres
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »

The USA joins Russia and France in condemning Austria-Hungary's unilateral, unjustified invasion and annexation of other nations.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 12:15:37 PM »

To Japan-

The Treaty of Manila

1- The Philippines are hereby handed to Japan for administration

2- The US Navy will be perpetually permitted to maintain bases and forces in the Philippines in coordination with Japanese and Filipino leaders

Signed

Signed
William Howard Taft
Military Governor of the Philippines

If Japan signs this treaty- I recall Taft to Washington to serve as Secretary of War
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 03:19:17 PM »

The USA commends ALL parties involved for coming to this resolution
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »

To the UK

The Anglo-American Alliance

1- The USA and the UK are hereby allies

2- Both nations shall come to the other's aid in any conflict in which the other is involved

3- Both nations shall consider the other a priority trading partner

4- Both nations leaders should consult the other before announcing or enacting policies which may affect the other in a substantial way

Signed
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 04:00:24 PM »

To the Ottoman Empire-
I look forward to further strengthening the bond between our nations...I propose-

The Turkish-American Alliance

1- The USA and the Ottoman Empire are hereby allies

2- Both nations shall come to the other's aid in any conflict in which the other is involved

3- Both nations shall consider the other a priority trading partner

4- Both nations leaders should consult the other before announcing or enacting policies which may affect the other in a substantial way

Signed
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »

In Response to Venezuela Crisis

To the UK, Germany & Italy-

Venezuela, being in the Western hemisphere, is under the domain of the USA... However- you all are friends of our nation and we invite you to participate in an operation led by the US Navy to deal with the situation as it affects your countries

To the Ottoman Empire-

I am grateful for your offer of assistance...we ask that you send a naval task force to aid us, and we will discuss other issues in my upcoming post...

Military Orders-

I hereby DECLARE WAR on the government of Venezuela

Lumine- please stay tuned for my next post which we detail the military maneuvers at the beginning of the turn, BEFORE the war thread opens...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies