In the twilight of Poppy's life, politicians and parties wrestle with his legacy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:06:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  In the twilight of Poppy's life, politicians and parties wrestle with his legacy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In the twilight of Poppy's life, politicians and parties wrestle with his legacy  (Read 1522 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 04, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »

He was a lousy President. The worst ever, except for his son.

He started a war, wrecked the economy, and presided over unspeakable human rights abuses in America.

How'd that war turn out, btw?

And what "unspeakable human rights abuses" are you blathering on about?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »

And what "unspeakable human rights abuses" are you blathering on about?

The discrimination and right-wing concentration camps that flourished under his misrule.

Okay, against all better judgment i'll ask.

What discrimination "flourished" during those years, compared to say Reagan's second or Clinton's first terms, and how did Bush 41 help engender it? By signing DOMA into law? Oh wait....

And oh Lord I need to know: WTF "right-wing concentration camps" is your fevered deliusional mind creating? Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2014, 05:55:43 PM by Badger »

What discrimination "flourished" during those years, compared to say Reagan's second or Clinton's first terms, and how did Bush 41 help engender it?

The worsening persecution against progressives.

What?!? Seriously, WHAT??

And oh Lord I need to know: WTF "right-wing concentration camps" is your fevered deliusional mind creating? Roll Eyes

Good point, considering juvenile detention centers didn't exist before 1989. Amarite?

Again, WTF are you trying to say through your rudimentary grasp of language? WTF are you talking about, and how does any of your "points" have jack-all to do with the first Bush presidency?

Please, enlighten us.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »

Not to mention the fact that the right-wing media stole the "election" for Bush in '88.

Don't change the subject, genius. We're still discussing the "worsening prosecution against progressives" and "right wing concentration camps" aka "the teen confinement racket".

Pray, explain how either of these: a) existed during the Bush 41 presidency; and b) how Bush supposedly contributed to either.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »

Pray, explain how either of these: a) existed during the Bush 41 presidency; and b) how Bush supposedly contributed to either.

I was alive in those years, and they did exist. He made it worse, largely through his cronies that controlled local governments.

He also exacerbated the War on Drugs, which encouraged right-wing school officials to call students stoners and druggies even though they were totally clean.

I'm 5 years older than you and, hence, also was alive then. You were in high school. What "discrimination against progressives" did you or any of your classmates suffer? Student council elections rigged by the CIA?

So he at worst maintained the War on Drugs from the Reagan years. That caused people to get teenagers to get called stoners and....oooohhhh, I see. Channelling a bad personal experience from the wonder years I take it.

That's truly a shame if you were wrongly accused of being a druggie while in fact being "totally clean". But in fairness, can you blame teachers for such an easy mistake? I mean, do you listen to what you say? What else could they reasonably assume?  Huh
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »

Bandit is truly among our finest posters.

Exhibit A of proving everything I typed above.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »

Bandit is truly among our finest posters.

Exhibit A of proving everything I typed above.
Badger, are you not a moderator? Why feed the troll?

The sad fact is, both Bandit and Snowstalker have demonstrated they actually believe this tripe.

But point taken nonetheless. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies