April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:36:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER  (Read 5657 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2014, 03:05:22 AM »

I told Duke, Dallas and Jbrase when it happened. I told Cincy when I exploded in a PM to him on Tuesday and I told Dereich this morning. Aside from that I told no one because I didn't think it appropriate to flash my personal business in the forum's face like so many do on the Forum Community Board. That said perhaps you should have at least considered that maybe it was something more then a few voters voting the way they want to, that was making be blow up with people. After all, that thing been happening for years, science man, its the variable that changes.

I really hate it that things have reached the point where they are between myself and both Oakvale and Nix, but there are numerous issues that keep knawing at me from last year. If there is a place to hit my for hyprocisy it is not for activity in the Senate but criticizing Oakvale's style. I do still think it is harmful to a game where people can just leave, but I fully understand and share the motivation now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2014, 03:08:26 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2014, 03:10:01 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I wanted to vote at first but when I saw that none of the candidates contacted me before or during the election and the only message I got was from a supporter three hours before the polls closed I decided not to. I will keep it that way in the future. Votes just shouldn't be taken for granted.

You know after you posted in the poll thread giving a rather weak endorsement of shua, I contacted JCL and asked him to contact you directly and try to sway you to his side before the polls even opened.

I recommended he contact you two weeks prior to that as well to get your support.

Guess that means he didn't.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2014, 03:19:39 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2014, 03:21:29 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

You also didn't count the Snowstalker JCL vote, which was hardly anything but considering no one else wrote him in and was just a way to vote for him in first preference without actually having to put him in the first slot.

Also there is the fact that we had two third party canddiates vying for our votes and no left wing third party candidates like in August and December doing the same to Labor, which also skews the numbers greatly.

Damn me and my obligations to other people, otherwise I wouldn't bother stating the obvious on this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2014, 03:36:02 AM »

You also didn't count the Snowstalker JCL vote, which was hardly anything but considering no one else wrote him in and was just a way to vote for him in first preference without actually having to put him in the first slot.

Also there is the fact that we had two third party canddiates vying for our votes and no left wing third party candidates like in August and December doing the same to Labor, which also skews the numbers greatly.

Damn me and my obligations to other people, otherwise I wouldn't bother stating the obvious on this.

Snowstalker's not in a real party; I didn't count independents or those in parties who didn't have candidates, since they couldn't be counted as having defected.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2014, 04:01:51 AM »

Snowstalker's not in a real party; I didn't count independents or those in parties who didn't have candidates, since they couldn't be counted as having defected.

I thought he was still labor officially.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:06 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2014, 09:02:52 AM by Senator Alfred F. Jones »

When I knew I was going to be absent for a month of my possible future term... I didn't run.

Would have been worth the month of absence for the three months to follow though and overal much better then who got elected instead in that regard. Tongue

As I fully intend to do. Furthermore, it's not a month. It's twelve days - May 2 to May 15 if I have my numbers right.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2014, 07:58:32 AM »

When I knew I was going to be absent for a month of my possible future term... I didn't run.

Would have been worth the month of absence for the three months to follow though and overal much better then who got elected instead in that regard. Tongue

also would have been legal for one that long back then

While we are on the subject, if Alfred were to resign or get expelled... Wink

I knew I couldn't be effective being out of contact for nearly 30% of the term and I always thought the president can't sit on the side-lines for a solid month (especially considering the bs going on in the Senate at the time... although it seems like paradise compared to the last little while)... so I didn't run.

But thank you Yankee Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies