Why does economic theory exist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:28:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Why does economic theory exist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why does economic theory exist?  (Read 497 times)
DevotedDemocrat
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: 0.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »

By economic theory, I mean ideas like if you print too much money, it leads to devaluation and hyperinflation; the way the economy is treated almost as a kid of organic thing. Economy is a man made, illogical concept. There is no scientific or natural law which gives money any value, simply human made rules. Why does the dollar or the euro hae to have value as created by economics? Why couldn't a government print an endless supply of money to take care of the needs of it's people? It's all very arbitrary rules.....
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »

Why have we not banned LBJRevivalist yet?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »

Scarcity
Hamster
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »

By economic theory, I mean ideas like if you print too much money, it leads to devaluation and hyperinflation; the way the economy is treated almost as a kid of organic thing. Economy is a man made, illogical concept. There is no scientific or natural law which gives money any value, simply human made rules. Why does the dollar or the euro hae to have value as created by economics? Why couldn't a government print an endless supply of money to take care of the needs of it's people? It's all very arbitrary rules.....
All human systems are, at their core, ideological constructs. To reject the system, one must reject the ideology.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 04:05:45 PM »

Market-based economics is real. Understanding how humans handle resources, and predicting their behavior is nearly impossible. We want to know the future and understand the past.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 10:52:30 PM »

I think this post should be framed Smiley Responding to it in any other way would detract from it as a work of pure art.

It has been suggested to me that this should be penalized as trolling and the thread removed. I disagree. Penalizing the author of the comment would not be fair, for it would presuppose deliberateness of conduct, which, I strongly suspect, the author is incapable of. Removing the comment would be vandalism akin to plugging the Old Faithful, for it would ruin such a pure example of human capacity of talking nonsense, as can only be produced by some natural process, we, social scientists, have not, yet, been able to fathom.

On the other hand, as a moderator of this board, I would definitely try to monitor this thread to make sure it does not get out of hand.
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »

Because economics is a BEHAVIORAL science.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies