Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:57:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation  (Read 8021 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
« edited: April 08, 2014, 10:46:27 AM by AggregateDemand »

Please, Arrogant Demand, explain it to us poor simpletons using small words. With brightly-colored pictures too if possible.

Don't affirm the consequent. It undermines your authority. The issue is that bedstuy is capable of misinterpreting any argument, and then steering the argument towards absurd non sequiturs.

Do people get married for tax breaks? If no, it's okay to tolerate systemic discrimination for all unmarried people except gay couples. I couldn't make it up if I tried.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2014, 09:45:57 PM »

Am I wrong that this was almost entirely an issue driven by people internal to Mozilla, and not the "gay rights" bogeyman? The only external issue I saw was OKCupid's protest page. After that, I've read a lot about Mozilla's culture of openness, social activism, etc. and how Eich was a bad fit and not popular even before the Prop 8 issue arose.

You are right, but some people don't care if they can blame something negative on the gays.

Was a loyal Mozilla user for years but changed to Chrome when Eich became CEO. Mozilla's board of directors had every right deciding that they didn't want someone with views like his to be the face of their corporation.

Also, a note on Andrew Sullivan. He's a worm, a real Uncle Tom of the gay community. Pay no attention to what he says unless you want to hear a gay man lecture his own community on how to appease the straight man.

True, he has done a lot to appease the straight man. If it weren't for Andrew Sullivan and people like him, gay marriage would be more of a fringe left wing position and not nearly so much supported among gays either.

Can you back that claim up?

What other prominent anglophone writer was arguing for gay marriage in the late 1980s?   Andrew Sullivan brought it into the mainstream, and his support for marriage was attacked then with the same language you are using against him now. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2014, 10:35:42 PM »

Please, Arrogant Demand, explain it to us poor simpletons using small words. With brightly-colored pictures too if possible.

Don't affirm the consequent. It undermines your authority. 

Oh, well, if you say so then.

What this I don't even.....
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2014, 01:12:28 AM »

Don't affirm the consequent. It undermines your authority. The issue is that bedstuy is capable of misinterpreting any argument, and then steering the argument towards absurd non sequiturs.

Do people get married for tax breaks? If no, it's okay to tolerate systemic discrimination for all unmarried people but gay couples. I couldn't make it up if I tried.

Not all couples wish to be married.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies