Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:50:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation  (Read 8048 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: April 06, 2014, 04:18:22 AM »

i'm a big believer in giving people a chance. if the guy were already using his position as mozilla's ceo to gay-bash, yeah, that would be something to be upset about (to fire him about? i don't know... although i probably would have boycotted)

as it is... there's not really a good case. especially considering that he was part of a large majority. tens of millions of americans have changed their views since then -- do we even know he's not one of them?

that said -- there's definitely a part of me that is gleefully gloating about the fact that the tables have turned and that the days of popular campaigns forcing companies to be less gsm-friendly are likely dead and gone.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:12:32 AM »

as it is... there's not really a good case. especially considering that he was part of a large majority. tens of millions of americans have changed their views since then -- do we even know he's not one of them?

Yes, we do. In the week following the discovery, he said he still felt the same way about same-sex marriage and did not regret his funding. The most he would say was to apologize for pain people felt in response to learning about his donation.

oh, ok.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »

after reading the feedback, i've fully changed my mind and support mozilla's decision wholeheartedly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies