Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:58:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mozilla CEO forced out because of Prop 8 Donation  (Read 8041 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 05, 2014, 05:46:17 PM »

Honestly oakvale, I'm pro-marriage equality, but I agree with you. I don't agree that this is somehow a violation of the First Amendment (like some of this CEO's supporters are saying), but come on, he made a small donation to a bigoted cause. Would it be alright if a CEO of a different company was forced out if they donated to a pro-marriage equality or an environmental cause? I'm not going to yell "those who want tolerance are intolerant", but it seems distasteful somehow, since he hadn't really done anything since Prop 8 unlike say, Chick-Fil-A.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »

From what I've been hearing, the workers wanted this guy out as well, for similar reasons. And what I've been hearing implies that the employees were the prime factor in forcing him out. So you could say that it's a victory for workers.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »

Yeah, it would be nice to see the people who care so deeply about these issues have the same reaction toward the billionaires who donate in favor of tax cuts, medicare privatization or stuff like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies