Senator Ron Johnson knew since 2011 about Assemblyman Kramer's Sexual Assault (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:48:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senator Ron Johnson knew since 2011 about Assemblyman Kramer's Sexual Assault (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senator Ron Johnson knew since 2011 about Assemblyman Kramer's Sexual Assault  (Read 2849 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: April 06, 2014, 12:19:14 AM »

But, Kramer was elected to the leadership, so shouldn't have Johnson's office had said something to the Assembly leadership about this, before Kramer was elected to the leadership? That's not something you sit on rather or not confidentiality is requested, because it involved a crime. All that aside, the average voter isn't going to really see it as anything as something being covered up by politicians. I don't think Johnson will resign, but depending on how far this issue goes, it could be an issue during his re-election campaign.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 06:40:39 PM »

Confidentiality is one thing, but when a crime has allegedly been committed, that makes confidentiality less of a valid issue. Kramer moving up in the leadership could have given him more authority to commit crime unchecked, as more authority can equal the ability to shut people up. When Kramer moved up, that's when Johnson should have had a talk with the leadership.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »

Confidentiality is one thing, but when a crime has allegedly been committed, that makes confidentiality less of a valid issue. Kramer moving up in the leadership could have given him more authority to commit crime unchecked, as more authority can equal the ability to shut people up. When Kramer moved up, that's when Johnson should have had a talk with the leadership.

I'd argue that he should've made that appeal to the alleged victim first.  If, after making that plea, she still wanted him to stay quiet, I still think there's an ethical problem with violating her wishes.

Well, that's one opinion, which you are entitled to. Personally, I think that sexual assault is a serious crime, and if someone is alleging it, the proper authorities should be notified, regardless of rather or not confidentiality is requested, because other persons could be at risk of being attacked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies