Some musings on Asia by Snowstalker.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:22:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Some musings on Asia by Snowstalker.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some musings on Asia by Snowstalker.  (Read 1680 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:11:33 AM »
« edited: April 16, 2014, 05:58:49 AM by afleitch »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26909322

Stuff! Here! Talk!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »

Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »

Did anyone doubt that Obummer's "Pacific pivot" was an effort to provoke or at least exert dominance against our arbitrary "enemies", aid a government slowly sinking to the far-right, and join authoritarian states like Vietnam and Singapore in a free trade agreement which would destroy all but the richest elites in its member states? Remember who profits when World War III comes.

Do you seriously believe this crap or are you just trolling now? I can't tell any more.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:41:04 AM »

Obummer
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 11:48:38 AM »

Did anyone doubt that Obummer's "Pacific pivot" was an effort to provoke or at least exert dominance against our arbitrary "enemies", aid a government slowly sinking to the far-right, and join authoritarian states like Vietnam and Singapore in a free trade agreement which would destroy all but the richest elites in its member states? Remember who profits when World War III comes.

Do you seriously believe this crap or are you just trolling now? I can't tell any more.

I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I am caring less and less about Atlas.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »

...then why don't you leave?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »

The feelings are probably reciprocal.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »

Sagacity aside, what need is there to send even more ships to this area? I fail to see what interest the US has in the petty territorial disputes of these two powers, nor do I see what the transport of these two vessels does to improve the situation.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »

...then why don't you leave?

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 10:07:55 PM »

opebo's banning really had that big of an impact on you, didn't it? 

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 10:41:25 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2014, 10:45:15 PM by Simfan34 »

... didn't you just say you'd stop? 

Seriously, our relationship with Vietnam is one of the more exciting things in foreign affairs. If you care about democracy, then you'd welcome this- I mean look at Burma. Not a few people say that the potential for something similar exists in Vietnam and the US presence helps it along. If not that, then an ally against China is helpful at least. And Singapore is awesome, that doesn't need discussing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 08:37:19 AM »

Sagacity aside, what need is there to send even more ships to this area? I fail to see what interest the US has in the petty territorial disputes of these two powers, nor do I see what the transport of these two vessels does to improve the situation.
We have a mutual defense pact with Japan.  Now if you want to argue we should end that and let Japan build up it's military again I'd be there beside you (more or less), but we must honor our treaties (especially defensive ones) that are active.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »

We have a mutual defense pact with Japan.  Now if you want to argue we should end that and let Japan build up it's military again I'd be there beside you (more or less), but we must honor our treaties (especially defensive ones) that are active.

Exactly this. The U.S.'s current relationship with Japan is one of the greatest achievements and most successful outcomes of its foreign policy. It would be foolish to throw all that away and leave them to be ganged up on by China and North Korea, and it would come at the price of a militarized and nuclearized Japan prepared to defend its sovereignty on its own terms if no one will step in to arbitrate on their behalf.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies