Which kitchen would you prefer? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:56:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which kitchen would you prefer? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: It's your choose.
The "fancy" one

The functional one

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Which kitchen would you prefer?  (Read 749 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: April 06, 2014, 10:05:21 PM »

Good job! I didn't pick up on your use of parody until your comment about those stools with the thick cushions, as being uncomfortable. I should have realised earlier, in hindsight, describing cramped as "functional" should have been something of a giveaway, especially when the first kitchen has so much prepatory space, and also your reference to a cluttered pile of unwashed dishes in the sink as something desirable, rather than as a hygiene issue.

The microwave in the second picture is also a safety hazard - completely insane to heat, for example, a bowl of soup in the microwave - and then burn your fingers and let go of the bowl... while it is over your head.

As for the skillet and olive oil, as MaxQue said - the olive oil is probably in the cupboard next to the stove, and the skillet is probably in the deep drawer below the stove top. That other kitchen is so cluttered it would be a challenge finding anything. The neat order of the first kitchen is much easier to navigate.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:49 AM »

As for the skillet and olive oil, as MaxQue said - the olive oil is probably in the cupboard next to the stove, and the skillet is probably in the deep drawer below the stove top.

I know many people who hide the skillet into the oven (and they remove it when they use the oven, obviously).

Actually, now you mention it, my mother was the same, just with baking trays, rather than the skillet. Also handy for drying those trays, if the oven is still warm at the time of doing the dishes.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 09:52:07 PM »

Good job! I didn't pick up on your use of parody until your comment about those stools with the thick cushions, as being uncomfortable. I should have realised earlier, in hindsight, describing cramped as "functional" should have been something of a giveaway, especially when the first kitchen has so much prepatory space, and also your reference to a cluttered pile of unwashed dishes in the sink as something desirable, rather than as a hygiene issue.

The microwave in the second picture is also a safety hazard - completely insane to heat, for example, a bowl of soup in the microwave - and then burn your fingers and let go of the bowl... while it is over your head.

As for the skillet and olive oil, as MaxQue said - the olive oil is probably in the cupboard next to the stove, and the skillet is probably in the deep drawer below the stove top. That other kitchen is so cluttered it would be a challenge finding anything. The neat order of the first kitchen is much easier to navigate.

What is it like being awful ?

My apologies, I didn't mean for you to take it that way. I didn't expect you to take my criticism of the second kitchen so personally. I'm sorry for any offence I caused.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:06:23 AM »

What is it like being awful ?

My apologies, I didn't mean for you to take it that way. I didn't expect you to take my criticism of the second kitchen so personally. I'm sorry for any offence I caused.

I'm led to believe than it's a picture of his kitchen.

Ah, I guess that makes sense, I hadn't realised. I'd assumed they were just two pictures posted off the internet. The initial post read to me like an "I'm so humble" boast, as in "I'm so humble, such a good little social democrat. I wouldn't want to live in this mansion, even if it was offered to me", which is very easy to say when no one is offering it to you. It just felt a bit contrived.

Given that it's actually his place, there is a real virtue in being satisfied in your own belongings, without constantly being jealous of what others have.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies