FaceBook password (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  FaceBook password (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FaceBook password  (Read 1857 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: April 06, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »

Yes, this is the way to get your password back.

I would not listen to angus.  I find it terribly annoying when the same person friends me over and over and over again with different accounts, because it makes it more difficult to determine which account is live (especially in group messages, where you're just typing a name and selecting one--especially if the person has used the same profile picture).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »

You don't listen to anyone.  We all know that.  But if you can't remember your password or the email account that you created just for the purpose of creating the account, or you don't have that email account any more for any of various reasons, then you can't get back in.  Relax, it's okay.  It allows facebook to claim yet another user.  Good for business, I suppose.

Clarence, once you do get back in (either because you created another account or because you managed to remember the email address you used when you created the original one) I suggest that you log into it on at least three computers and tell it to "remember" the password.  That's what I do.

I listen to people quite often, actually; however, I'm not really sure how that is germane to the topic at hand.  I didn't intend to insult you with my post, so I'm sorry if that came off as harsh.  I was simply advising clarence that making a new account should be his last resort.

I was unaware of the fact that clarence lost both his email and password; from his post, it seems as if he just forgot his password.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:45:14 PM »

I was unaware of the fact that clarence lost both his email and password; from his post, it seems as if he just forgot his password.

Why would you make such an assumption?  Short of ageism, anyway?
How is it ageist for me to assume that he forgot his password, but not ageist for me to assume he forgot his password and email?  Wouldn't it be more likely to be ageist of me to assume that he forgot both, implicitly thinking that he commonly forgets things?  Lots of people forget passwords; less people forget email addresses.  It seems odd for you to assume that just because he's older, he must have forgotten both his password and his email address. Wink

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The "I have no idea what I'm doing" dog image seemed to imply that he just didn't know what he was doing and needed help.  Had he have known how to recover his password by clicking "Forgot your password?", one could logically assume that he saw the "Forgot you password?" link.  One could also then logically assume that he could also see the "I can't identify my account" link and would have followed the advice there and recovered his account.

The fact that he has asked for help here, when that method should have worked, combined with his statement of "I have no idea what I'm doing", implies that he does not have an idea what he's doing, and his first method should be to simply reset his password if he indeed does have his email address.  If he does not, the "Forgot your password?" link will still lead him to the "I can't identify my account" link, where he will be able to recover everything.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:00:17 PM »

Well there is a way to reset it without the email address.  He just needs to go to the link and put in his username (which I found for him, so PM me if you need help, clarence, and I can walk you through it privately).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies