Dartmouth Students Storm President's Offices, Seriousness of Demands Unclear (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dartmouth Students Storm President's Offices, Seriousness of Demands Unclear (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dartmouth Students Storm President's Offices, Seriousness of Demands Unclear  (Read 13995 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: April 06, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »

This is what happens when the Ivy Leagues have artificial quotas on the number of Asians that can attend.

It's a California thing. My Asian friends were only deferred or denied from California universities, particularly Stanford and Berkley. They had no problem with acceptance from Ivy League schools.

I hope these Dartmouth kids are having fun.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »

Nice try. Berkeley does not utilize affirmative action. As for privates, it IS the free market after all.

Berkley can say whatever they want. My friend's credentials, references, and connections were peerless. He was deferred because of his last name.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:52 AM »

You must realise that when you're dealing with acceptance rates rapidly approaching 5% you're inevitably going to have to cut out some qualified people.

40% of the UC Berkeley student body is Asian. He was insta-accepted everywhere he applied, except Berkeley.

I'm not accusing Berkeley of moral-injustice, but I don't believe the official PR, either.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 01:28:41 PM by AggregateDemand »

I was also accepted everywhere I applied except for Yale. Therefore, Yale is racist against black people and is serving the white chauvinist patriarchy.

Yale's African American student body is not 700% higher than the national population rates for African Americans and 300% higher than the Connecticut population rates for African Americans.

You have no reason to assume reverse-racism via quotas. Asians do have reason to assume reverse-racism, and I'm inclined to agree with them regarding Berkeley and several other California schools.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 10:44:53 PM »

If you read my posts, you'll figure it out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies