Taker lost at Wrestlemania
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:16:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Taker lost at Wrestlemania
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Taker lost at Wrestlemania  (Read 651 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:35:53 PM »

Sad to Brock Lesner. Someone truly undeserving. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »

I hope they find him before he takes something else.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:01:09 AM »

21-1 at the "showcase of the immortals." Wow. It had to end at some point, but it was completely unexpected and undeserving for a sellout and non-regular performer like Brock Lesnar. He had a lot of hype, build-up and threat to the streak, but that's mainly because of Paul Heyman. If anyone should have ended the streak, it should have been someone strong like Randy Orton, John Cena, his storyline brother Kane, or even someone who's young and has a bright future like Dolph Ziggler or The Miz.

This is sad to because Vince decided to end the streak the night after Paul Bearer who played a huge influence in Taker's career was inducted into the HOF. I mean, what the heck was Vince thinking?! The ratings and revenue for WrestleMania XXXI are going to drop significantly because nobody will have any major WM thing to care about anymore. There used to be the Money in the Bank Ladder match to, but they ditched that. :/

As far as I know though, Taker's aging pretty fast and can really only wrestle one match per year so this may have been his write-off for good, but a very bad one at that. It sucks to that he'll also be remembered for that hideous Mohawk and chin beard of his to. He looked a lot better with the long hair, though if he really wanted to shave it off, he could have at least taken the "Triple H/Edge" approach.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:10:06 AM »

It was up to Taker to make the call and he is now well and truly done. At first I was shocked, then sad... Now, I've accepted it.

It was easier to get over when the man I once knew as Bryan Danielson, who worked the IWC shows here in Pittsburgh when I was working for the promotion, and who was absolutely the nicest person I'd ever met in the wrestling business, became world champion.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »

It was up to Taker to make the call and he is now well and truly done. At first I was shocked, then sad... Now, I've accepted it.

It was easier to get over when the man I once knew as Bryan Danielson, who worked the IWC shows here in Pittsburgh when I was working for the promotion, and who was absolutely the nicest person I'd ever met in the wrestling business, became world champion.

After what Triple H put him through since Summerslam, I really was happy to see him win. To me he's still Bryan Danielson.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:22:13 AM »

Sad Taker. Bryan winning was literally the only thing that saved that night.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:47:35 AM »

Looks like he got undertook. Sad
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »

Overall I thought it was a good show.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »

I saw this. It was probably the first Wrestlemania I've watched in at least a decade. Undertaker losing was really the only moment which couldn't have been predicted. It really didn't make any sense for him to drop his streak to someone like Brock. If he was going to drop the streak, dropping it to a young guy who needed a push would have made a lot more sense. It also would have went over better with the crowd if he lost it to a babyface who would have shook his hand after the match.

I guess the pure shockingness of the ending made it kind of entertaining but the match itself wasn't very good. It was a slow, boring match with nothing in it we haven't seen 100 times before. Honestly, the only match of the night that I thought was really great was the opener (Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H). I'm kind of surprised that Triple H still had a match that solid left in him. Almost everything else seemed like filler after that until the main event which was pretty good but not amazing.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 06:39:04 PM »

Actually, it makes a degree of sense that Undertaker would end the streak against someone like Brock.  He couldn't drop it to someone relatively new, as then if that new guy tanked, it would make the streak's ending somewhat pathetic.  Lesnar has cred from his UFC days and the time he spent away from the WWF means he likely isn't as embroiled in internal politics as a number of other choices and thus hadn't gotten on Taker's sh!tlist.  It would be better if Lesnar was a few years younger, but he should still be capable of being a main-eventer for another decade, maybe even two thanks to time away from wrestling.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:45 PM »

After what Triple H put him through since Summerslam, I really was happy to see him win. To me he's still Bryan Danielson.
What about what Bryan put Triple H through? Bryan should be thankful he isn't a jobber like Mysterio, Miz, Ryder, Kidd etc. are and besides having good in ring skills, he really doesn't look like main event material. He only came to fame because the creative team decided to give DB a storyline a few years back where he shouted "YES!" and "NO!" at his partner Kane and always arguing while holding the Tag Titles. I wouldn't get to happy with DB's reign as champion because like the rest of them, it will be very, very short because in less than 1 hour when DB defends his title, Triple H is about to become a 14 time World Champion. Cheesy

And going back to Taker, who would have thought back in 1991 when the streak started at WrestleMania 7 that through the years, he would hold an unprecedented record while also beating some of the best there is to offer (Flair, Orton, HHH, Edge, Big Bossman, Kevin Nash etc.) only to get beat by someone who's 1-2? IIRC, Taker even jobbed to Lesnar before when Lesnar was WWE Champion, so it would have been nice if it was the other way around for once, but instead Lesnar has to have his way as usual. Anyone remember when Lesnar demanded Laurinaitis change Raw's name to Monday Night Raw Starring Brock Lesnar? Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »

I guess the pure shockingness of the ending made it kind of entertaining but the match itself wasn't very good. It was a slow, boring match with nothing in it we haven't seen 100 times before. Honestly, the only match of the night that I thought was really great was the opener (Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H). I'm kind of surprised that Triple H still had a match that solid left in him. Almost everything else seemed like filler after that until the main event which was pretty good but not amazing.
I agree with this.  Horrible match, like everybody knew it would be.  Mark Calloway looks horrible.  I mentioned that he looks like an aged crossdresser that recovered from a serious meth addiction 7 years ago.  Everybody agreed with me.

The short rumble was fun, but short and I approve the winner.  The woman's match, like the women's division is full of suck.  Like 3, maybe 4 ladies have ANY skill at all.  I bet Amy Dumas (Lita) could put on a better match in the evening gown she was wearing last night than most of the women in the match.  I like the Wyatts and don't hate Cena and that match was still horrible (except the fat guy's spider walk thing which is always creepy).  The Shield crushed the NAO+Kane, which is fine, but boring.

Mostly it was long and boring, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 11:55:40 PM »

The fact that this is still a thing should make people very, very sad.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »

The fact that this is still a thing should make people very, very sad.

I saw a commercial that follows a boy as he grows up watching Wrestlemania, and then finally he's an adult and he shares it with his young boy.   It was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »

Also, did anyone else wish there was an option to turn the commentary off? It was so, so bad. Michael Cole has always sucked and John Layfield was basically a non-entity but the worst thing of all was... Jerry Lawler. Back in my day he used to be a funny heel commentator, behind only the likes of Jesse Ventura and Bobby Heenan in terms of quality. Now, he's some kind of neutered concern troll babyface commentator. The whole thing was just so grating and awful.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies