2016-Senate/Gravis Marketing: Michelle Obama (D) would lead Sen. Kirk (R) by 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:50:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2016-Senate/Gravis Marketing: Michelle Obama (D) would lead Sen. Kirk (R) by 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016-Senate/Gravis Marketing: Michelle Obama (D) would lead Sen. Kirk (R) by 5  (Read 1008 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:27:20 AM »

Respondents were asked: “If the 2016 election for U.S. Senate or held today, and the candidates are Sen. Mark Kirk and First Lady Michelle Obama who would you vote for?”

The First Lady was the choice of 47 percent against the GOP incumbent Kirk’s 42 percent, he said.

Speculation about Obama’s political future has been buzzing in Washington and Illinois since her husband President Barack Obama beat former Massachusetts governor W. Mitt Romney for reelection in 2012.

When John McLaughlin, host of “The McLaughlin Group,” in January made the on-air prediction that Obama would emulate Hillary Clinton’s 2000 winning of a New York Senate seat by turning the trick in the Land of Lincoln.

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/04/06/illinois-poll-rauner-leads-quinn-43-to-35-flotus-leads-kirk-47-to-42
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 05:30:00 AM »

Gravis Marketing is a bad pollster.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »

I think Senator Mark Kirk is going to be a really formidable candidate in 2016. He would win the race in my opinion if the final poll with his opponent were 47-42-5

Michelle isn't running and he is running against Tammy Duckworth, a really good opponent and fellow Vet. This isn't the same Kirk we saw in 2010. Hopefully, we can win this seat.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »

So this is definitely a fake poll if she's trailing.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »

>implying michelle obama will run
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:03 PM »

Michelle Obama is never going to run for any political office.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

Only credible pollster is one with a match up between Kirk & Madigan. Michelle has expressed no interest in running for political office this is like polling Oprah. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 05:00:37 PM »

Michelle Obama is never going to run for any political office.

Anyone with any political knowledge knows that but, hey, we'll still have a few polls and blurbs mentioning her as a potential candidate just because!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

>implying michelle obama will run
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »

Only credible pollster is one with a match up between Kirk & Madigan. Michelle has expressed no interest in running for political office this is like polling Oprah. 

That's what I thought too, but my roommate from Illinois seems to think that Madigan doesn't want to run for Senate. He thinks it'll be Duckworth instead.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 05:22:19 PM »

That's what I thought too, but my roommate from Illinois seems to think that Madigan doesn't want to run for Senate. He thinks it'll be Duckworth instead.

Why wouldn't she if she passed up on the primary against Quinn this year? And I believe she initially wanted to run in 2010 but wanted the field cleared for her.
Nichlemn

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »

I don't know what it is is with Madigan, maybe she's just not very ambitious or something. If it's true that she didn't run in 2010 because she wanted the field cleared for her, how little would it take for her to run in 2016? She was running the serious risk that a Democrat would win and there might not be another open seat till Durbin retires, which could take decades.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »

Michelle ain't Hillary... She's not going to run for anything (except maybe best FLOTUS ever)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »

And Lisa will run for Gov in 2018 or Durbin's seat in 2020.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 10:23:43 AM »

Are Dems really that desperate to fake a lead that they put MICHELLE in a poll? That's ridiculous. Will Kirk have an uphill battle in 16 because of the higher Chicago turnout? Of course. Will it be against Michelle? Absolutely not.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »

Are Dems really that desperate to fake a lead that they put MICHELLE in a poll? That's ridiculous. Will Kirk have an uphill battle in 16 because of the higher Chicago turnout? Of course. Will it be against Michelle? Absolutely not.
Dude,  Dems aren't desperate at all, it's Illinois Wink.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies