IDS1: The Take the Power Back Act of 2014 [Voting on Override] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:13:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS1: The Take the Power Back Act of 2014 [Voting on Override] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS1: The Take the Power Back Act of 2014 [Voting on Override]  (Read 780 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 08, 2014, 09:38:20 PM »

Anyone have any questions over this?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »

It states that it would only be until the SC made their decision. Its not like we would simply be us picking and choosing what law applies to us since that would be pretty treasonous. We could simply ask for a stay of the law, but why should we always throw ourselves at the mercy of the very level of gov't we would be suing?

I am not trying to put the region on equal level to the feds, just simply pushing for greater ability to stand up for ourselves as a region. Anyone who claims to support democracy should see that the more autonomy the regions and even the cities and towns have, the closer the power govern is to the people themselves.

Is this likely to be challenged in court at some point? Very likely (although we have passed laws before that could be read as straight up treason, but the feds, to my knowledge, never even noticed.) But if it has to be challenged in court let it be, at least we can say we went down advancing the cause of liberty and fighting for returning power closer to the people.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »

Not friendly. Sorry Sjoyce.

If you want to amend it to where we all as a region take responsibility instead of just the Emperor I am fine, but the point is to push for greater autonomy on our part than to simply reaffirm that if we want something we must crawl before the feds to get it. I wrote this with the understanding that it might very well be challenged in court (should you my colleagues permit it to pass), but I also wrote this with the belief that just because the feds are always going to be able to pull rank and say their law is superior, it does not mean that they are infallible. 
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »

Nay

---

And Dereich is right in that this is intended more to be a statement that anything else. If we as a nation are going to make the claim that we are a democracy, then it should stand to reason that the people would have the right to self rule. And this would push us closer to that ideal of the power being moved closer to the people.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies