PPP (D) for MoveOn.org (D): Dems lead in FL, PA, GA, KS, ME
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:47:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  PPP (D) for MoveOn.org (D): Dems lead in FL, PA, GA, KS, ME
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP (D) for MoveOn.org (D): Dems lead in FL, PA, GA, KS, ME  (Read 1438 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »

PA: 56-34 Dem. candidate/Corbett

http://de.scribd.com/doc/216793804/Pennsylvania-Medicaid-Polling-Results

ME: 44-37-14 Michaud/LePage/Cutler

http://de.scribd.com/doc/216793783/Maine-Medicaid-Polling-Results

KS: 45-41 Davis/Brownback

http://de.scribd.com/doc/216793665/Kansas-Medicaid-Polling-Results

GA: 43-42 Carter/Deal

http://de.scribd.com/doc/216793581/Georgia-Medicaid-Polling-Results

FL: 49-42 Crist/Scott

http://de.scribd.com/doc/216793495/Florida-Medicaid-Polling-Results
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »

Hmmmm, I don't trust PPP when they are hired by MoveOn.org/Better georgia etc
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:58 AM »

I feel like it's Christmas when PPP or any other legitimate polling agency pulls out some new numbers.

All these numbers seem a bit Dem leaning, but nevertheless make sense in the contexts of these races.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »

Dominating.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:31 AM »

Unskewed, Republicans lead by double digits. PPP fakes polls results for Democrats, remember?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »

Not really: There's a chance these PPP polls (who are done for a left-wing outfit) are off by about 3-5 points in favour of the Dems.

See Jolly vs. Sink.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 10:34:53 AM »

Not really: There's a chance these PPP polls (who are done for a left-wing outfit) are off by about 3-5 points in favour of the Dems.

See Jolly vs. Sink.

Polling a state is a lot easier than polling a congressional district special election though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

All of these seem to be consistently 2-4 points more Democratic friendly than the current consensus, but still good news for Dems.

Also, lol Corbett.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »

See Jolly vs. Sink.

I don't believe that. FL-13 was a low-turnout race and it's always difficult to poll a district.

But if you were right, we'd have:

PA: 53-37 Dem. candidate/Corbett

ME: 41-38-16 Michaud/LePage/Cutler

KS: 42-44 Davis/Brownback

GA: 40-45 Carter/Deal

FL: 46-45 Crist/Scott

And that's giving the GOP the 3 points I take from the democrats. And, IMHO, they're still very good numbers for the Democratic Party.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »

When the Dems are struggling to keep their leads against Governor Scott, "Dominating" is not the word I would use.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:56 PM »

Brownback and Deal are very unpopular.  We may be seeing the consequences of low approval ratings. It is possible to have a low approval rating as an incumbent and still win... but it is about a 50% chance of winning for someone with an approval rating of 44%.

So how can Democrats exploit weaknesses of right-wing incumbent Republicans in R-friendly states? Bread-and-butter issues.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »

Brownback and Deal are very unpopular.  We may be seeing the consequences of low approval ratings. It is possible to have a low approval rating as an incumbent and still win... but it is about a 50% chance of winning for someone with an approval rating of 44%.

So how can Democrats exploit weaknesses of right-wing incumbent Republicans in R-friendly states? Bread-and-butter issues.

We can exploit Walker's weakness as well in a Democratic friendly state concerning corruption.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »

We can exploit Walker's weakness as well in a Democratic friendly state concerning corruption.

I agree on that. Also Corbett in Pennsylvania for corruption, LePage in Maine for being out of touch with reality, and Snyder in Michigan for betraying workers to out-of-state interests (states clearly D), and Scott for cronyism (Florida is about 50-50 D/R).
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 07:49:46 AM »

Hahahah....no.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »

Rassmussen has it tied. I was simply stating that we are more likely to win Wisc than GA or KS. But Synder, Scott, LePage and Corbett are most likely to lose. Not Deal or Brownback.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »

See Jolly vs. Sink.

Considering it is a poll for Moveon rather than just something they are doing themselves I could buy the argument of questionign it, however being off in a Special Election Congresional race (which is notriously very difficult to poll) is not a reason to question it.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »

Hahahah....no.

If they hope to do that, they're going to have to dig up something worse than offensive emails staffers sent to each other 5 years ago and a Milwaukee County employee campaigning on the clock.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 05:40:34 AM »

Walker's weakness, just like Rauner, Kasich, and Synder lies with Labor Unions. He tried to take their collective bargaining away. Rauner wants no increase in minimum wage. The recall he survived, isn't the same as an election. However, the weakest link lies with Synder and Corbett and LePage. We might get lucky in FL and ARK. But those are the three targets of the DGA.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »

Hmmmm, I don't trust PPP when they are hired by MoveOn.org/Better georgia etc
lol
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2014, 04:59:36 PM by Badger »

Other than KS, and maybe Corbett doing even worse than expected, this is about as expected. Even if correct, it'll still be quite hard for Davis or Carter to carry enough undecideds to actually win, though.

In ME, unlike last time where Cutler was the bona fide alternative to LePage rather than the Democratic candidate, unless he reverses his poor third place showing soon (not sure how), his support will wilt near the end like a typical "unelectable" 3rd party candidate, and his defectors should go overwhelmingly towards Michaud.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »

When you have Dems lead in numerous states, despite the PVI, on prez races, I will take KS and Ga. This is a midterm, the GOP may have the edge in House, until 2016, but like prez races, statewide races favor Dems.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies