How old were you when you could first name all the US Presidents? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:35:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How old were you when you could first name all the US Presidents? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
4 or younger

5 or 6

7-9

10-12

13-17

18 or older

Still can't name them

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: How old were you when you could first name all the US Presidents?  (Read 2283 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« on: April 09, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »

Well?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:06:27 AM »

I was 6 when I memorized them.

All states and their capitals, and Presidents by 8.  It was one of my favourite things to recite at that age, along with all of the characters from Thomas the Tank Engine.  I still can't tell which area of expertise is useful in real life.

I learned the states at 7, and their capitals probably at 8.  Another thing that I liked to recite back then was the original Mario game.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »

My interest probably began while staring at pictures in a book about famous people, including Lincoln and Washington.  I soon learned more about Lincoln and Washington during class in kindergarten, and then I looked at the article on US Presidents in the encyclopedia, and soon memorized them.

Richard Nixon's funeral occurred not long after that, and I was glued to the TV.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »

A better question is if you can name all 100 Senators? I took a quiz and could only name 95 (I missed Harkin, both Idaho Senators, and two others who I can't recall).

I think so, I've generally been able to since about 2003.  Sometimes I forget temporary ones who are appointed after a death or resignation.  I've forgotten the name of the one appointed after Byrd's death in West Virginia or the temporary senator before Ed Markey in Massachusetts. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies