How old were you when you could first name all the US Presidents? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:07:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How old were you when you could first name all the US Presidents? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
4 or younger

5 or 6

7-9

10-12

13-17

18 or older

Still can't name them

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: How old were you when you could first name all the US Presidents?  (Read 2260 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »

At least 47. 

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:24 AM »

What other lists of world leaders can people name?

I could name all the Bundeskanzlers starting with Adenauer when I was a small child living in West Germany, but there were only about six of them at that time.  My father had received a proof set of silver two-mark pieces commemorating each one, and from that I learned them.

I had the names of all the Chinese dynasties down for a while, starting from the Xia (circa 2100 BC) till the last one (Qing, ending in 1911) but I've forgotten them. 

For a while I could remember the names of all the captains of warp-capable ships named Enterprise, but I've forgotten them as well.  Also, there's some debate as to Captain April's legitimacy.  Some Trekkies claim that the animated version is not canon.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:10 PM »

The states I learned about 10/11 the capitals I think I know most

Those I learned pretty young as well.  I think I could probably tell you the capital of each U.S. state by the summer of my fifth year.  That's the sort of thing my parents pressed me on at an early age.

I do that with my son as well.  He's 9 and probably could probably only name two presidents, Washington and Obama, but I'm sure he can tell you the capitals of all the states.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:28:38 PM »

OK, now those who could do so before 8 do scare me.

I'm fairly certain I could have done by then, but then the list was noticeably shorter than it is now.

I can name them up to Van Buren as well.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies