RIP Ultimate Warrior
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:28:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  RIP Ultimate Warrior
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RIP Ultimate Warrior  (Read 982 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
« edited: April 09, 2014, 06:07:46 PM by Ready For Hoover '28! »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/09/ultimate-warrior-dead_n_5115492.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Holy hell.  Didn't see that one coming.  Actually wait, I totally did!

Though seriously, RIP awesome cocaine fueled arena entrances.  We could totally use more of those now days.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:20:44 PM »

RIP to one of the best. He died having finally buried the hatchet with a lot of his enemies both from those in feuds and out of the ring and making his return to Raw for the first time in years the night before his death, so he at least died with grace and will be joining Randy Savage in heaven.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »

http://aattp.org/op-ed-should-we-really-mourn-the-ultimate-warrior-video/
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 07:00:04 PM »

This news crushed me last night. My childhood has officially died.

Also, that speech he gave on Raw the other night definitely made it sound he knew his time was almost up. It's quite chilling in retrospect.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 07:06:15 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2014, 07:35:17 PM by Erasedmyposts »

Who honestly gives a crap about the fact that he held idiotic political views? His impact on politics was non-existant.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 07:28:52 PM »

Yes, and it was almost ten years ago. Who knows what could've changed between now and then.

IIRC, I was pretty homophobic in 2005.  I'm sure the same could be said of a lot of people.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 09:54:42 PM »

Yes, and it was almost ten years ago. Who knows what could've changed between now and then.

IIRC, I was pretty homophobic in 2005.  I'm sure the same could be said of a lot of people.

Well, me, for starters. This is the first I've heard about him. Tried watching the stuff as a kid, but it seemed even faker than cartoons. I don't see much reason to change my opinion when presented with roided-up protagonist on a soap opera, or homophobe as options. If the latter is removed, then his impact is similar to that of Mario or Santa Clause, perhaps.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »

I'll be totally honest, I never liked the guy and I balked at the idea of him being put in the HOF when a better worker (and better money draw) like Randy Savage wasn't.

But hey, if he mellowed out and I hear he was nice to the guys in the back and was approachable, then maybe the nightmares I've heard about him are overstated.

I do feel sorry for his young daughters and I do feel sorry for his wife. I also feel sorry for all the guys in the back who were so excited to meet him and then get crushed by news that he's dead.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 11:47:07 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2014, 11:54:09 PM by DemPGH »

Yeah, I remember him from my kid years. Sad Still, I was never a big fan of him, and yes, I always heard he was a jerk and that there was a lot of turmoil with him, but he was one of the early ones to have a completely ripped body.

One Summer-slam he beat the utterly hated, awful Honkytonk Man in like 20 seconds or something - Honkytonk never got out of his outfit (some hilarious Elvis costume). Warrior just wiped him out. It was funny, that I remember.  

I'll be totally honest, I never liked the guy and I balked at the idea of him being put in the HOF when a better worker (and better money draw) like Randy Savage wasn't.

Savage had a tremendous gimmick. He could play good or bad like few others.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 11:59:11 PM »

Yeah, I remember him from my kid years. Sad Still, I was never a big fan of him, and yes, I always heard he was a jerk and that there was a lot of turmoil with him, but he was one of the early ones to have a completely ripped body.

One Summer-slam he beat the utterly hated, awful Honkytonk Man in like 20 seconds or something - Honkytonk never got out of his outfit (some hilarious Elvis costume). Warrior just wiped him out. It was funny, that I remember.  

Savage had a tremendous gimmick. He could play good or bad like few others.

Well, that was Honky's gimmick. He was actually one of the few guys who got along with Warrior (at least if his shoot interviews are to be believed, but HTM likes to work people even during one of those, so who knows).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 01:38:46 AM »

Savage should obviously be in the Hall of Fame (and the fact that he isn't has kind of turned the whole thing into a farce) but he never will be. At least not while Vince McMahon is alive. If you don't know why that is, look into it...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 02:21:05 AM »

I only knew him through his ridiculous comic book. RIP, Warrior. See you out there on the Terrain of Testament.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 02:47:28 AM »

I only knew him through his ridiculous comic book. RIP, Warrior. See you out there on the Terrain of Testament.

Haha, I remember that! It was pretty awful but I have to at least give him and his people some credit for trying something different.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »

Savage should obviously be in the Hall of Fame (and the fact that he isn't has kind of turned the whole thing into a farce) but he never will be. At least not while Vince McMahon is alive. If you don't know why that is, look into it...

To be fair, it probably won't happen unless Steph passes too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies