Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD!  (Read 9189 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: April 20, 2014, 02:50:27 AM »

Uh, Los Angeles won the Stanley Cup literally two years ago? Does Northern California not need one?

Does anybody in California plays hockey, outside of NHL players?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »

Also, Ron Maclean's Francophobic remarks were fycking disgusting. For once it wasn't Cherry.

And, yet those are the same people saying than Radio-Canada should openly endorse national unity. CBC shouldn't allow such comments over its airwaves.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »

Maclean apologized but CBC won't reprimand him.

Obviously, as CBC is useless and always in deficit.

I support selling off CBC (which is cheap and useless) and keeping only Radio-Canada (offering a much better product and isn't in deficit). Radio-Canada is suffering cuts becaucse English CBC is managed by incompetent people.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »

WE WON THE PRESIDENT'S CUP! VAL-D'OR WON!

Onto the Memorial Cup next weekend, now.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 01:00:59 AM »

WE WON THE PRESIDENT'S CUP! VAL-D'OR WON!

Onto the Memorial Cup next weekend, now.

Val-d'Or has a player from Pleasanton, California. That's right near where I'm from. I wonder how he likes it there.

Skyler Spiller isn't playing for Val-d'Or anymore. He was here last season, but not this year. He is playing for Dallas Snipers in the Western States Hockey League (a junior A league) this year.

He was 20 years old, teams are allowed only three 20 years old players. We kept 3 others.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »

RIP Dan Bylsma.  Of course he'll have another job in 5 minutes, but........waiting for the announcement.
Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Tortorella, of all people, got another job after being fired by Rangers. So, I don't see why Bylsma shouldn't find one.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »

RIP Dan Bylsma.  Of course he'll have another job in 5 minutes, but........waiting for the announcement.
Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Tortorella, of all people, got another job after being fired by Rangers. So, I don't see why Bylsma shouldn't find one.
Mike Gillis doesn't have a job anymore to give out gift jobs.

Well, GM Shero's out. Too bad. He was instrumental in building the team that won the 09 Cup.

I'll say it: Dumping Bylsma is damned short-sighted. Winning the Metro Division and having the 4th best regular season record in the league isnt a given even with the Pens talent when the team loses over 500 man games to injury. It smells more like a grass is always greener mentality.

But was terrible at picking good players at the draft and did that terrible Jordan Staal trade.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »

Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Mike Gillis doesn't have a job anymore to give out gift jobs.

Well, GM Shero's out. Too bad. He was instrumental in building the team that won the 09 Cup.

I'll say it: Dumping Bylsma is damned short-sighted. Winning the Metro Division and having the 4th best regular season record in the league isnt a given even with the Pens talent when the team loses over 500 man games to injury. It smells more like a grass is always greener mentality.

But was terrible at picking good players at the draft and did that terrible Jordan Staal trade.

Yeah, the Staal trade wasn't good, but wasn't that as much a salary cap issue as anything?

It would've been tough to keep any player that good as a third or fourth line player indefinitely.

I forgot the salary cap issues.

Still, as with every team, the fact than they didn't reched the finals in 5 years (2 defeats in 2nd round, 2 defeats in 1st round) meant than at least one head had to roll.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »

Carey Price is injured, so tonight, Montreal will be starting:

You guys want Fluery?

Not really, but he would fare better than Budaj or whoever was on the ice on Tuesday (the 3rd goalkeeper, Tomorski or Todorski or something like that).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies