Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:18:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD!  (Read 9188 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 10, 2014, 11:45:48 PM »

The Jackets! Who'da thunk? It'd be a small miacle for them to survive the first round (unless they get lucky And pass the Philadelphia Fu%kers in the last couplke games and thus don't have to face the Pens or Bruins). But stlll.

I'm hoping they beat out the Wings for the 7th seed so I can watch a series with the Pens. Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:47:54 PM »

You think the Jackets are going 7 games with the Pens? Even Fleury can't wig out that bad.

I'm hoping the Jackets can take one--their first playoff win ever--preferably at home. The Pens can take the other 4 games.

That's about what I predict, actually. Maybe 6 games if Flower flounders.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:50:36 PM »

First round:
Avalanche
Blackhawks
Ducks
Kings
Bruins
Les Habs
Penguins
Rangers

That's a very good list, TG......I might go with the Flyers though. 
I am physically unable to EVER pick a philly team to win anything.

You're telling a Pittsburgher that?  Wink  I do tend to be a realistic Yinzer.
I do have that one going to 7 but Lundqvist gives the Rangers the edge.

Agreed.

Part of me would like to see a Pens/Flyers matchup to hopefully see Scotty Hartnell lose some teeth, but the battering would go both ways and leave the Pens weakened for the big series with Boston.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:53:39 PM »

I think it's imperative we get by the Jackets early.

5 games is early enough. I just don't want 6. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2014, 05:36:11 PM by Badger »

I really want St. Louis to win their series.  I fear the Kings are toast and won't last long.

Afraid of being sniped this June?

Actually, no, I think the Blues are a very good team who hasn't sniffed the Cup in far too long.  I'd be thrilled to make it to the finals no matter who we would play.  Smiley

When and how bad does Fleury meltdown this year, Uncle Gramps?

At any time, and probably bad.   They trust him so much Vokoun is back on the regular roster.  I do think we'll get by Columbus.  We were 5-0 against them in the regular season.

If he does, it's curtains for Bylsma as head coach.

Yep. RIP

I wouldn't.  I mean... they run away with a playoff spot every year.  Where have you seen the Caps ever since they panicked and fired Boudreau, who has only gone on to turn the Ducks from a last place team when he got there to a 1st place Cup contender.  How the hell do you blame him for a goalie absolutely falling off a cliff.  I mean... the pucks Fleury was letting in last year were pitiful.  An obvious case of a player completely losing his head out there.  

This, I could MUCH sooner see us replace Fleury before Bylsma.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:27:52 PM »

F[inks]ing Fluery collapses again. Ugh.  Congrats to TG's Stars on tying the series.

Yeah, Jesus tap-dancing Christ. He was actually having his best game of the series until he absolutely donated the tying goal. How I roared at the TV.

My boss is a huge Jackets fan, but too good a guy to gloat (and also not here today).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »

Alright, the Pens rebounded and played well the other night. I think they'll clinch it tonight if they can just keep their heads out of their collective ass.

That said, unless Crosby and Malkin start scoring, and Fluery focuses, I'm not optomistic for our chances against ether the Rangers or Flyers, let alone the Bruins and whomever makes it out of the West. Sad
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 11:21:53 AM »

So Fleury comes alive! Who knew? Cheesy We'll see how well he maintains, however, as consistency has obviously never been his strong point.

Nice to see Crosby come out of his goal slump, though he's always been a playmaker at heart who racks up the assists.

Mildly encouraging, BUT only 15 shots last game?? They've GOT to put more pressure on Lundquist to win this series.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »

Regardless of game 7, that is one mighty heroic effort by the Rangers.

Amen.  Right now half of Pittsburgh wants to jump off bridges and the other half of the fan base is simply pissed at their lackluster play.

I won't bitch at all if the Rangers take game 7, because they will have earned it. 

Two goals in as many games needs to change.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 09:27:34 PM »

Godammit Angry
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »

RIP Dan Bylsma.  Of course he'll have another job in 5 minutes, but........waiting for the announcement.
Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Tortorella, of all people, got another job after being fired by Rangers. So, I don't see why Bylsma shouldn't find one.
Mike Gillis doesn't have a job anymore to give out gift jobs.

Well, GM Shero's out. Too bad. He was instrumental in building the team that won the 09 Cup.

I'll say it: Dumping Bylsma is damned short-sighted. Winning the Metro Division and having the 4th best regular season record in the league isnt a given even with the Pens talent when the team loses over 500 man games to injury. It smells more like a grass is always greener mentality.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »

well then
first round i went 7 out of 8, this round not so good (stupid Fluery).
I'm no fan of Flower's inconsistancy, especially during playoffs, but he wasn't the real problem in the rangers series. When your offense gives you a goal a game in three straight, even the best goalie can't save you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 03:42:02 PM »

RIP Dan Bylsma.  Of course he'll have another job in 5 minutes, but........waiting for the announcement.
Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Tortorella, of all people, got another job after being fired by Rangers. So, I don't see why Bylsma shouldn't find one.

Well, GM Shero's out. Too bad. He was instrumental in building the team that won the 09 Cup.

I'll say it: Dumping Bylsma is damned short-sighted. Winning the Metro Division and having the 4th best regular season record in the league isnt a given even with the Pens talent when the team loses over 500 man games to injury. It smells more like a grass is always greener mentality.

But was terrible at picking good players at the draft and did that terrible Jordan Staal trade.

Yeah, the Staal trade wasn't good, but wasn't that as much a salary cap issue as anything?

It would've been tough to keep any player that good as a third or fourth line player indefinitely.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 11:39:16 PM »

Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

But was terrible at picking good players at the draft and did that terrible Jordan Staal trade.

Yeah, the Staal trade wasn't good, but wasn't that as much a salary cap issue as anything?

It would've been tough to keep any player that good as a third or fourth line player indefinitely.

I forgot the salary cap issues.

Still, as with every team, the fact than they didn't reched the finals in 5 years (2 defeats in 2nd round, 2 defeats in 1st round) meant than at least one head had to roll.

Yeah, but there's a difference between heads rolling a scapegoats.

But for two shutouts in the series and--most importantly, lack of an alternative--i'd suggest Fleury.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »

Carey Price is injured, so tonight, Montreal will be starting:

You guys want Fluery?

Until we get a firm better alternative, we're stuck w/ Fleury. Even when healthy Voukun isn't his equal. Better a slightly better-than average goalie than one average or worse.

What we really need is a Sergei Bobrovsky trade: Get some second-stringer palooka in a minor trade who suddenly turns into a Veinza Trophy winner out of nowhere.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »

DIAF. Angry
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »

Well, score another one for sunbelt hockey! Cheesy