Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:34:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD!  (Read 9217 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 21, 2014, 11:29:41 AM »
« edited: April 21, 2014, 11:38:10 AM by DemPGH »

I'll be rooting for whoever wins the Boston vs. Detroit series, even though I don't think Detroit has what it takes to take it the whole way this year. While I don't pay a lot of attention to the NHL during the regular season, I do almost always follow the playoffs, and I have to say that both of the first two games between those teams were very exciting and physical.

And yeah, if Pitt cannot take care of Columbus, something's wrong philosophically.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:30:30 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2014, 10:32:44 AM by DemPGH »

The Pens are doomed when certain superstars get frustrated and start playing hockey like back alley goons, if you know what I mean. They can still certainly win this, and should, but they're just not as strong a playoff team as they are a regular season team.

I've actually watched every Bruins vs. Red Wings game, which isn't something I normally do. I think Milan Lucic is my favorite player (that's certainly my favorite name!). And good goalie work is the most exciting thing, IMO, so God love Tuukka Rask. I remember a couple years ago when Tim Thomas was unreal in the finals vs. Vancouver.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »

Go Bruins!

And yes, we should not count out the Blackhawks with all the San Jose and L.A. talk. Chicago is still a strong team.

So i went 7 out of 8 first round. Tongue
Blackhawks
Kings
Penguins
Habs

Nice job, TexasGurl. I'll only say in this round that I hope you miss at least one of those! Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »

I mean, wow. I knew that Montreal's luck would run out, but yikes. There was no way that the Bruins were going to keep bouncing them off the pipe, the corner of the post and out, off someone's thigh and out, off a skate and out, and so on. Now take it to Montreal!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 08:54:40 PM »

Regardless of game 7, that is one mighty heroic effort by the Rangers.

If the Bruins don't win game 6 in Montreal, they should get 7 in Boston. Rask looks back to normal, but what they need to do is jump on Montreal at the outset.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »

Really awful for the Bruins. After Lucic or whoever it was missed the wide open net, I knew it was over. So if they lose game 7 and the Pens lose game 7, I'm not gonna care, although I'll probably watch the finals. Maybe I'll get one of those game sevens. Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »

Particularly inexcusable collapse by Pitt. The NYR played with more heart, plain and simple, despite the talent that the Pens have. That's a terrible reality for Pitt.

Lundquist was exceptional, though.

Now, I would love a Boston vs. NYR at the ECF.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 09:46:39 AM »

Yeah, I haven't watched any of the NBA playoffs. Just hard to get into, I guess.

I think Blackhawks vs. Rangers looks most likely, and that would be an incredible finals, I have to admit.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 09:59:26 AM by DemPGH »

I'm not buying the "West is best" line, but I don't think it will be cake for the Rangers either. I'll take the Rangers in six or seven - will depend upon Lundqvist, I think. I'm also rooting for them.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »

I didn't care much for the end result, but the games were exciting! It was 4-1, but it was as a close a 4-1 as you'll ever see. The Kings did after all outplay the Rangers, though.

The Kings played fantastic from behind, or maybe the Rangers played poorly with a lead. Or both. Tongue Clearly, game 2 was the killer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies