Most expensive restaurant meal you've had
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:58:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Most expensive restaurant meal you've had
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Most expensive restaurant meal you've had  (Read 1341 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »

Um... Aria in Sydney $435 between two.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 06:18:43 AM »

I think it was right around $30. It was at one of those Japanese hibachi restaurants. Filet mignon and lobster isn't exactly cheap.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2014, 06:45:25 AM »

Me and the wife got a gift certificate (or something) for $50 off "one of the best steak houses in Las Vegas" (probably said about every mid level and above steak house in LV).  Even with the $50 off the bill was still north of $100 for 2 entrees, a couple of drinks and one dessert.  And we could get better steak at a low end steak house in Omaha.  I feel sorry for steak eaters that live far away from the farms.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »

Paid by someone else? Probably going with my parents either to One If By Land, Two If By Sea in NYC or Lautrec's at the Nemacolin resort in western PA. By myself per person? Probably Kiku's in Pgh. Had a $100 meal including tax and tip.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 10:52:30 AM »

With appetizers and wine I've had many meals that come to over $100/person. When it gets way over that, it's usually due to the cost of things outside the entree. I find that excellent meals from top chefs usually run around $50-$100/person. Earlier this year I had a meal for two at the Girl and the Goat for about $45/person, which was lower than I would expect due to the late hour (11 pm) and our smaller appetite at that hour. Last year the food highlight of my trip to Paris was a meal for two at Le Beurre Noisette in the 15th for 111 Euros.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

Last year the food highlight of my trip to Paris was a meal for two at Le Beurre Noisette in the 15th for 111 Euros.

Nice.  Vive la France!

Meanwhile, in Sudan...

To be honest, I've eaten a few 100-dollar meals as well.  Absolutely hideous.  HP.

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »

I don't think I've ever paid for a restaurant meal that cost more than $20.

By someone else? I remember the Planet Hollywood in Orlando, FL my parents took me to being ridiculously expensive, and the food being subpar.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 10:02:12 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2014, 10:09:55 AM by DemPGH »

I've been pretty well able to avoid ridiculous dinner bills, but most recently a final wedding rehearsal dinner probably ran around $160 or so for my share, and that was with drinks. I had wine first, grilled salmon, a 750 ml bottle of wine, which I shared, and dessert that I think I shared.

A time or two I've dropped a pretty outrageous hotel bill - one was seaside and another was an historic hotel out west. It was in the middle of summer in the middle of the week, and I was seriously the only person on the second floor. It was a very nice stay - one of my best hotel experiences ever. What was really nice was it was like three days after a big biker rally ended - they hadn't stayed in the hotel, but they were in town, and undoubtedly the area would have been crowded and noisy with them around.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 02:14:56 PM »

Last year the food highlight of my trip to Paris was a meal for two at Le Beurre Noisette in the 15th for 111 Euros.

Nice.  Vive la France!

Meanwhile, in Sudan...

To be honest, I've eaten a few 100-dollar meals as well.  Absolutely hideous.  HP.

I think that's my people actually...
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »

Prob. 30-something at private dining in Boston. Wasn't actually as good as other less-expensive restaurants in Boston.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »

Hard to tell, because most of my most expensive meals I didn't pay for. I'd guess when my family had Kobe beef in Japan. No idea what that cost though.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »

Most I ever paid? $82 not too long ago at P.J. Clarke's. Raw oysters and clams, a lobster roll, cheesecake, and an Irish coffee. Well worth the cost, although it usually comes out to less there- like $60. I blame the fact I'd finally made it to the opera that night and the waitress was also very attractive.

Most expensive? Probably at the Capital Grille in Boston on the occasion of my cousin's graduation from MIT, last year, the steak I had was $40 or so on top of appetizers and dessert, with some 12-15 of us, and their wine considered, I'd expect it to be upwards of $2500. I might have spent more at Delmonico's on my birthday a few weeks back- I had an entree of $45 Lobster Newburg (and a rather tough one at that!) plus some oysters, bread pudding, and Madeira. Probably like $90, but I was forcibly prevented from seeing the check, much less paying.

Bedstuy, Eleven Madison Park or Per Se? (There's also a place with such prices in Brooklyn which I am neglecting and whose name I am forgetting, but who cares, it's in Brooklyn). Perhaps Daniel and Jean-Georges are contenders here.

Ultimately I am the sort of person who loves good food but would hate to pay for it- you eat and then- it is gone, just like that. And you are out $50. Which is the entry price for a great meal in this city sadly- maybe $40 but keep in mind a meal at McDonald's here is $10- and adjust your scales accordingly.

This is why the world hates America.

They hate our pretty waitresses and chewy lobster!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 06:27:23 PM »

Two or three years ago, I went to an expensive restaurant with a friend with the sole purpose of running up the bill and paying in ten dollar notes.  We got up to $210, much of it from pricey wine choices.

In general I don't like to spend more than $15 on a meal, and I also prefer take-away / delivery to sitting in a restaurant.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies