Balance of Power - Second Great-Turkish War (1902)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:31:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - Second Great-Turkish War (1902)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Balance of Power - Second Great-Turkish War (1902)  (Read 7039 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 11:28:18 PM »

Phase two results are being calculated.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 12:02:30 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2014, 12:07:41 AM by Senator Lumine »

OOC: I'm sorry, Kalwejt! Every time I used the random number generator it gave the victory to Snowstalker, Cynic and Spamage.

Phase Two Results:

Domestic Results:

United Kingdom: The war has not been as successful as it should have been, but propaganda campaign is making wonders, and people are hoping for John Bull to destroy the Sultan once and for all.

Russia: Your propaganda campaign inflames nationalism even more, and the people are willing to enlist to finish the Turks.

France: Not many changes here, people are willing to give you a chance to end the war. The elections comes after this phase, so your military performance is key.

Ottoman Empire: The revolts in Armenia and Macedonia are getting more and more violent, the Wahhabi and the Bedouin are finally fighting against you and the Kurds have also risen in revolt, encouraged by Britain. The Turkish people still stand with you, though, and movilization has been a success, allowing you to dispose of more troops (with a logistical strain).

Warfare Results:

Armenian-Georgian Front:
-Tactical Russian Victory: The Russian troops manage to take the mountain passes and free most of Armenia, cheered as liberators. Alas, the Ottoman Army once again escaped with almost no losses.

Albanian Front:
-Decisive Anglo-French Victory: Endem Pasha tried his best to contain the enemy, but the Macedonian and Greek rebels managed to weaken his supply lines, helping the British forces to fight him near Tirana. Endem Pasha died when a rebel shot him several times, and his forces are completely scattered, leaving Albania on the hands of Britain.

Libya:
-Stalemate: Despite having a good number of reinforcement, the logistical trouble and the efficient Turkish trenches have held the French and the British back, at least for the time being.

Dardanelles:
-Major Anglo-French Victory: In light of the strong defense of Constantinople and the closing of a great part of the Dardanelles, the Anglo-French forces chose to land. After heavy fighting the British technological superiority and the naval support proved decisive, and the Turkish forces were almost destroyed, losing the entire Canakkale Province.

Palestine:
-Major Anglo-French Victory: The Boer War veterans struck with unexpected force, destroying or capturing several Turkish regiments. The Turkish finally managed to reestablish defense lines, but at the cost of losing most of Palestine and barely holding onto Jerusalem.

Mecca:
-Stalemate: Once again, the logistical problems prevented the British from even advancing, which allowed the Ottoman troops to destroy several of the Arab rebels forces.

Mersin Landings:
-Tactical Anglo-French Victory: A strong push from the Entente managed to win a few miles, but the Ottomans are still able to contain the bridgehead and prevent a collapse.

Kuwait-Baghdad:
-Pyrrhic British Victory: The Kuwait garrison and the Sepoy Army tried to march beyond Basra, and their confronted the Turkish forces in the area. In the end, they forced the Ottoman Army to withdraw, but they suffered heavy losses, meaning that they won’t be able to attack in Phase 3.

Eastern Arabia:
-Major Anglo-French Victory: Sepoy troops landed here, and since there were almost no troops nor logistical support for them, they took over Eastern Arabia with ease.

Overview:

-It looks like the beginning of the end for the Ottomans. Despite heavy logistical problems for the Entente, they managed to score victories in almost all fronts, and sensing weaknesses, several countries decided to join their alliance. Greece and Serbia formally declared war on the Ottoman Empire following the battle of Tirana and the fall of Canakkale, and Bulgaria gave Russia permission to move their troops. Persia still remains neutral, and the Armenians have been freed. Abdul Hamid can still hold on for some time, but he will need a lot of luck and, perhaps, a miracle to win this war.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2014, 12:03:40 AM »

War Map:

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2014, 04:04:47 AM »

--- Continue Propaganda promoting the recent major successes, but caution there is still much to be done and urge the French people to keep up the spirit which will finish the war.

--- Continue doubling factory output. Make sure the troops have what they need.

--- Troops stationed in Djibouti are to move to assist the British troops in Mecca.

--- Continue on in Libya. The Turks are entirely cut off from their supply lines there, so if necessary, starve them out as we wait to link up with the British. Set up shorter supply lines from Algeria.

--- Shift troops that have completed objectives to either Libya or Kuwait to reinforce the badly depleted British troops so that an attack may be possible.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »

--- Balkan troops to withdraw tactically to defend the Constantinopole area against attacks from the North and the West

Other war orders being typed
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 10:11:02 AM »

Propaganda:

--- Keep exploiting the Opium Scandal ("Merchants of death")

--- Emphasize that the Sultan just started serious domestic reforms, when the invaders brought us chaos of war and death

--- Emphasize our unexpectedly strong standing in face of the overwhelming odds

--- Emphasize the colonial nature of the enemy. They are on the quest to subjecate the Faithful, just like they did in Africa and Southern Arabia (see: partiation plans)

Orders to Police:

There are internal unrests. You know the drill, just try to not be ostentatious.

War Orders:

--- All reserves to the existing defense lines. Commence a long war of positioning.

--- Launch a full military manufacturing potential. Exploit this as a golden opportunity for our working class.

--- Utylize accquired foreign funds to buy needed equipment.

--- The fleet is to launch a swift and surprise attack at the invaders at Dardanelles, when they are most vulnerable. Scuttle the ships if unsuccessfull to make the straits unnavigable and approach impossible. Shell the enemy fleet using arrived artilery. DO OR DIE.

--- Attack the Russian fleet when they are distracted by landings. Avaviable forces to contain the landings, using the mountain terrain advantage.

--- Forces in Iraq are to launch a limited counterattack to disrupt the weakened enemy (who can't attack in Phase 3), utylizing terrain (raids, raids, raids). Then return to defense.

--- Contain the enemy in South Turkey at all costs.

--- Libya: maintain your orders.

--- Mecca: maintain your orders. Withdrawn forces must reinforce the Palestinian fortress.

--- Armenia-Georgia: if possible try to retake the passes when Russian are vulnerable in transit. If not contain them.

--- Palestine: Maintain your orders. Calvary units are to be utylized in desert raids.

--- Balkans: Tactical withdrawal to defend the Constantinopole against the Russian.

--- East Arabia: Remaining forces are to march North and commence a guerilla warfare to disrupt the Kuwaiti rear. Demolish roads.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 10:25:19 AM »

OOC: Spamage, you have already posted orders for this phase and now I see you have modified them, adding stuff, after I posted mine. What The Hell man.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »

OOC: Spamage, you have already posted orders for this phase and now I see you have modified them, adding stuff, after I posted mine. What The Hell man.

I added a propogande piece, that's it. Calm down.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2014, 10:39:04 AM by Kalwejt »

I added a propogande piece, that's it. Calm down.

Just as you added stuff about permanent bases and Mecca brigade?

/rant/

Well, in light of Lumine's post, I will leave this.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »

I already posted something in the sign-up thread, but I should remind you that we are already done with the two phases of this turn. I won't take those orders for phase 3, though, specially in light of the conflict.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »

Very well, the Treaty of Jerusalem has been signed, putting an end to the war. I should remind the players that no decisions were taken on regards to Albania, so I will assume the Albanian rebels were left to take control of the country.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »

To: The Russian Empire

We would like to respectfully remind that your free passage privileges, established by the Treaty of Jerusalem, are of no practical use as long as the straits are more or less blocked by wracks. We believe it is in everybody's best interest, Russia including, to begin a join efforts to make Bosporus fully navigable.

x Abdul Hamid II
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »

Very well.

X Tsar Nicholas II