SENATE BILL: Give Peace a Chance Act of 2014 (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:18:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Give Peace a Chance Act of 2014 (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Give Peace a Chance Act of 2014 (Failed)  (Read 2601 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »
« edited: May 02, 2014, 12:43:34 PM by Cincinnatus »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Senator Yankee
Slot: Foreign Policy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 05:41:29 PM »

I was asked by the President to assume sponsor ship of this s othat it could come to floor. Basically, from what I understand it, the situation now in Israel is different from that of real to a significant degree if I am not mistaken.

I ask the PResident and the SoEA to comment on the exact situation and also if necessary to suggest an alterations needed to the text to clear up any lingering problems.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »

Superique updated the Israel-Palestine peace talks six days ago, and while they still have many details to sort out, they seem to be making a lot of progress. The current framework is supported by a solid majority in both nations, and I personally think the SoEA will be able to finally reach a solution in a few months.

I tried to place more sanctions on Israel on the Anti-Imperialism Act a few days ago, but at least the talks seem encouraging. I would recommend putting some conditions to lifting sanctions, I don't feel depriving Israel of a great deal of pressure will actually help them to sign the eventual agreement.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:31:19 AM »

Motion to table.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »

I would like to make a comment on this piece of legislation but would guys mind if we discuss this after all negotiations are done. After all, we will need to add somethings on this bill since as part of the Peace Plan, I'm hoping that Atlasia could financially help  the building of the new Palestinian State and I was thinking about helping partially Abbas on the Refugee Issue. We could accept 100.000 palestinians for example.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »

I would like to make a comment on this piece of legislation but would guys mind if we discuss this after all negotiations are done. After all, we will need to add somethings on this bill since as part of the Peace Plan, I'm hoping that Atlasia could financially help  the building of the new Palestinian State and I was thinking about helping partially Abbas on the Refugee Issue. We could accept 100.000 palestinians for example.

Wouldn't that be a seperate bill?  Is the purpose of this bill not to ease sanctions in order to promote negotiations? 
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 03:41:22 PM »

Wouldn't that be a seperate bill?  Is the purpose of this bill not to ease sanctions in order to promote negotiations? 

Well, I see what you mean. Maybe it's better to lift sanctions at first.  I wouldn't mind lifting those sanctions and actually we need to lift them to encourage even more talks. I expect to see very good feedback of Israeli public opinion if we do so and by doing this we will be able to see a greater mandate for Buji, after all he was able to make a settlement freeze and he is moving towards peace with Palestine.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »

What are the current restrictions on Israel and how is lifting them supposed to make a difference in the peace negotiations?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »

What are the current restrictions on Israel and how is lifting them supposed to make a difference in the peace negotiations?

We currently have some military sanctions on them due to this clause of the Foreign Policy Review:

I would say that maybe I'm not reading this but as far as I'm concerned, the administration was required to lift sanctions on them since January, but I never announce that officially so our status quo remains to be Partial Military Sanctions. I might say however that the Israeli government is halting the construction of settlement building in the West Bank and they are clearly committed with the Peace Agreement. Thus, I don't believe that we should keep military sanctions whatsoever nor do I believe in economic sanctions; that's why I wouldn't mind finally putting an end in all sanctions against our Jewish Friends.

Isaac Herzog and its government is pursuing finally peace with Palestinians near here in Camp David and the Senate maybe very surprised by the current developments. We are just a few steps for peace and reducing sanctions is one more step for that.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 09:12:05 PM »

If we do have economic restrictions, they should certainly be removed.  On the other hand if we just have partial military sanctions, I'm less confident we ought to get rid of those just yet.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 10:25:21 PM »

My mind is in a million places, but are we certain that sanctions aren't higher. I seem to recall thme being increased to full back late last year.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:23:43 AM »

My mind is in a million places, but are we certain that sanctions aren't higher. I seem to recall thme being increased to full back late last year.

I was in doubt about that too. We could just vote to keep the sanctions partially providing the legal basis that the Department of External Affairs does not officially have.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »

I would prefer ascertaining the exact situation. I recall we had to do the FPR over  so find the second one and verify it against the final text.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:58 PM »

Superique?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »

Sorry. Could you rephrase your question?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »

FPR ring any bells? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »

What do you think of TNF's amendment, Duke and Superique?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 12:03:12 AM »

Well, I'll write an FPR but I'm waiting the Palestine-Israel talks. We shall find an agreement quite soon! Smiley
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 12:06:42 AM »

What do you think of TNF's amendment, Duke and Superique?

As an individual, I would like to recognize Palestine as a state but we cannot be idealists and endorse an unilateral move. We are seeing negotiations developing and this will be much more productive than supporting unilateral moves of Palestinian recognition. Israel will not like to see this and this could even harm the peace process. If we tone down the wording and just put in law that we understand the Palestinian Authority as the representative of the Palestinian People but not yet a state, I could support that then.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 12:20:49 AM »

I am inclined to defer to my SoEA on this issue, given he knows far more about the subject than I do. I am interested in achieving the two state solution, but there are certainly more ways to get there than just one. I do support TNF's amendment, but if it is going to hinder the peace negotiations, then we need to explore other alternatives.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 09:31:08 AM »

Well, I'll write an FPR but I'm waiting the Palestine-Israel talks. We shall find an agreement quite soon! Smiley

No no no no, remember we were unsure about the previous FPR's text and checking to make sure we had the right thing. Tongue
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 11:43:47 PM »

No no no no, remember we were unsure about the previous FPR's text and checking to make sure we had the right thing. Tongue

The current text orders me to increase sanctions since the Peace Talks are not over yet! Even so, I have not officially followed those orders. I don't know if sanctions are lifted automatically but if this is the case, then we will have ensure that only partial military sanctions are being applied and not total ones. If applying sanctions or reducing them are within my boundaries, then we don't need that legislation at all.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »

Hostile amendment than?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 09:35:57 PM »

Yes. This completely ignores the current developments in Peace Talks. It seems that many of our Senators don't read our news...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies