Does this forum have a tendency to feign outrage over trivial things? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:26:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does this forum have a tendency to feign outrage over trivial things? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does this forum have a tendency to feign outrage over trivial things?  (Read 3384 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: April 12, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »

Now I have little doubt he'll be back (not the first time he left after all) but that's not the point. The thread in question is actually pretty mundane and there's nothing in it that'd even be delugeable. I honestly can't figure out what in it was so horrible he decided to leave.

And then you often have Gully and oakvale proclaiming "OMG worst thread EVER!" (hell Gully did it right after that) to threads that are at worst fairly boring and somewhat hackish.

Ah but be fair BRTD, it was a truly terrible thread.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »

I was going to give a long post justifying my stated opinions but in reality pkemp has already summed it up. Reading that thread it came across that people thought Nate Silver was demoting himself to 'irrelevancies' like sports rather than 'the high world' of politics, an attitude which I find absurdly pretentious and self-serving. Silver is clearly more interested in sports than political horse-racing and I don't think that's a problem given that what Silver specialized was horse-race analysis of political contests (i.e. treating them like they were Sports). Of course, this forum frequently can't tell the difference.

That thread also had two pbrower posts in it, and that always indicates a bad thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies