do you support any abortion restrictions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:21:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  do you support any abortion restrictions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 95

Author Topic: do you support any abortion restrictions?  (Read 6659 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 23, 2014, 12:19:11 PM »

Yes.  I am prolife and oppose abortion except to save the mother's life.  Allowing abortion in cases of rape and incest sends the message to men that they can use women however they want sexually without consequence.  It essentially is the ultimate objectification of women. 

How is making a woman have her rapist's baby a punishment for the rapist and not the woman?
It's not a punishment for either one.  It making sure that the rapist bears responsibility for impregnating the woman he raped.  If the woman can simply get an abortion, then it absolves the rapist for any responsibility toward abusing the woman and conceiving that child.  Since many rapes go unreported, it's quite possible that the rapist may not even face any legal responsibility for it.  If the rapist didn't want to impregnate the woman, then he shouldn't have raped the woman in the first place.  (He shouldn't have anyway, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion.)

Quite frankly this is one of the most genuinely loathsome things I've ever heard on here. Attaching the woman to her rapist for her entire life is more of a punishment to her than saddling the rapist with a child.

This.

Also, implying the rape is (or "should be") about "impregnation" is easily one of the genuinely idiotic things I've ever heard on here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies