do you support any abortion restrictions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:45:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  do you support any abortion restrictions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 95

Author Topic: do you support any abortion restrictions?  (Read 6700 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: April 12, 2014, 07:21:23 PM »

People have the right to defend themselves from trespassers with lethal force, and I do not believe that rule is altered when the property is a uterus. However, I would certainly not consider it ethical to employ that option past the point of viability.

That's a bit like using a shotgun to deal with that house guest who overstayed his welcome.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »

No, because you have horrible cases where an abortion may be needed to save the life of the mother and the fetus is already dead. It's pretty sadistic to force a person to die just so you can be satisfied that the dead fetus was delivered.

Reread the title.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 04:24:07 PM »

Pro-labour/pro-choice is an interesting policy combination.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »

I am an abortion restrictionist to say the least.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »

Yes and abortionists should get the noose.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 08:19:32 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2014, 08:29:02 PM by Senator DC »

Weren't you the one who told me to calm down when I bitched about Harper's austerity or made some hyperbolic statement about 'Purgatories' or something? Double standards much?

You mean this?

Mike Harris is a horrible human being and he should be cooked in an oven.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »

Hashemite, please. Maybe his comment wasn't appropriate, but you're still one of the biggest hack of this forum has ever had. He doesn't try to always get attention with some awful comments that are always hyperbolic.
Stahp, please. And may I remind you that the comment in question was supporting killing people who supported Abortion?

No, it didn't. I said I support the death penalty for abortionists, i.e. people who actually perform abortions.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 12:38:09 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2014, 12:40:07 PM by Senator DC »

If someone contracts a hitman to kill an individual, is the hitman somehow more culpable for that individual's death than the person who hired him? If not, then why should the mother not get the noose as well?

Profiting from murder is especially heinous. That doesn't make getting an abortion morally acceptable, but I have a lot more sympathy for a scared teenager than for some doctor who's Mercedes is financed by taking lives.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 12:48:04 PM »

Weren't you the one who told me to calm down when I bitched about Harper's austerity or made some hyperbolic statement about 'Purgatories' or something? Double standards much?

You mean this?

Yes, that and some other post in some thread where I bitched about Harpo's austerity cuts, I guess.

Hashemite, please. Maybe his comment wasn't appropriate, but you're still one of the biggest hack of this forum has ever had. He doesn't try to always get attention with some awful comments that are always hyperbolic.

What Windjammer said. My behaviour on this forum is usually quite calm, and my comment came from a sincerely held policy position. You on the other hand start calling for heads over a two percent reduction in expenditures.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »

You mean this?

Yes, that and some other post in some thread where I bitched about Harpo's austerity cuts, I guess.
What Windjammer said. My behaviour on this forum is usually quite calm, and my comment came from a sincerely held policy position. You on the other hand start calling for heads over a two percent reduction in expenditures.

So, double standards. My opposition to austerity and Harper's policy is also a 'sincerely held policy position', albeit my hyperbolic comment(s) at the time were not actually an expression of serious opinion (I will not actually bake people in ovens or actually murder politicians or anything like that).

An out of control tongue is no more respectable than out of control bowels Hash.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 04:18:14 PM »

I love how you're dodging an explanation for why you support killing Abortion Doctors.

I thought my reasoning was self-evident, but if you want me to state it explicitly...

1) The death penalty should be reserved for especially heinous crimes
2) Murdering a person for profit is an especially heinous crime
3) A fetus is a person
4) Therefore abortionists kill people for money and should receive the death penalty
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »

Sound rebuttal

Stahp, please. And may I remind you that the comment in question was supporting killing people who supported Abortion?

No, it didn't. I said I support the death penalty for abortionists, i.e. people who actually perform abortions.

Wait, you literally support that? I thought you were being hyperbolic...

Yes. I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised at this.

One can of course disagree that a fetus is a person, and one can disagree with the death penalty, but Hash et al. are shocked that I would want to use the death penalty on people who I think are mass murderers.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 08:27:30 PM »

mrw someone equates abortion to mass murders

Do you have anything to contribute besides gifs?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 08:59:18 PM »

DC, as a point of clarification, I assume that you don't support executing "abortionists" unless and until the commission of effecting an abortion becomes the crime of murder, as in murder in the 1st degree (with aggravated circumstances, typically). Is that correct?

Yes

Is it further true that you support the policy of no legal exceptions to the no abortions policy, except perhaps to save the life of the mother? Just curious about the latter.

Life of the mother is the only exception I support. Perhaps there is some other rare situation I would be ok with, but life of the mother is the only major exception I would support.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2014, 09:12:58 PM by Senator DC »

You'll have to forgive me for my ignorance of Holy Writ, but I've come across precious little in the Bible to even remotely justify this fact.

"You shall not murder" is in the Bible. The theological question is "what is murder?" not "does the Bible say anything about abortion?"

You see this in the early writings of the Church fathers, where the debate centred around when ensoulment occurs.

This idea that "abortion = murder" is a way more recent and culturally suspect phenomenon than most pro-lifers are ever able to admit.

How recent are you talking? The Didache calls abortion murder and it was written before AD 100.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies