Rolling on
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:18:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rolling on
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Rolling on  (Read 38723 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »

November 4, 2014

Good Evening, America and Welcome to Election 2014. For the first time, in a project we hope will continue, All the Major News Networks are Teaming up provide election coverage.

And we will begin tonight in New Hampshire, where we can project that Governor Maggie Hassan will defeat State Senator Chuck Morse. We can also project that Rep. Ann McKlane Kuster will defeat Melinda Garcia and return to Congressional Seat. We cannot Project the race in the 1st Congressional District, where Frank Giunta currently leads Carol Shea-Porter, that race is Too Early too call, and We Cannot call the Senate Race, between Jeanne Shaheen and Scott Brown, that race is too close to call.

New Hampshire Governor-57% in

Maggie Hassan (D) 63%
Chuck Morse (R) 33%

New Hampshire- 2nd Congressional District- 57% in

Ann McLane Custer (D) 61%
Marlinda Garcia (R) 37%

New Hampshire- 1st Congressional District- 57% in

Frank Giunta (R) 55%
Carol Shea-Porter (D) 42%

New Hampshire Senate 57% in
Scott Brown (R) 48.19%
Jeanne Shaheen (D) 48.16%

Maddow; I'm now going turn it over to our first panel of the evening, with the following question, what do the early results mean.
Gewirtz; The only thing I think they mean is that Democrats will have a long night ahead waiting out results in the Senate. The House results so far probably mean the GOP will be seeing limited gains, otherwise they probably would have picked up both New Hampshire seats
Harrigan; I'm inclined to agree with my colleague from CNN here. The fact Scott Brown is doing so well, means Republicans will likely claim a majority in the Senate, but they still have to appalled they couldn't get anyone to challenge Governor Hassan.
Seigenthaler- With Exit Pollsters saying they approved of Hassan's job perfomance 61/29 compared to Sen. Ayotte's 39/50, I''m almost curious if Ayotte runs for President in 2016 to avoid a challenge by Hassan.

I'll hand it off to Nancy Cordes, from CBS for the batch of projections

Thanks Rachel, Our next stop is Rhode Island, which has been home to a turbulent Gubernatorial Race.
We can project that, in the race to replace Treasurer Gina Raimondo, Former Treasurer Frank Caprio will return to the seat defeating Warwick Mayor Scott Avedisian. We project that Treasurer Gina Raimondo will move up to Attorney General, and succeed outgoing incumbent, Peter Kilmartin. We can also Project that Nellie Gorbea will be the new Secretary of State. In the Lieutenant Governor's race we can project that Secretary of State Ralph Mollis will defeat 2010 Attorney General nominee Erik Wallin. The Governor's race between Angel Taveras and Allan Fung is currently too early to call, although Tavares leads. In the First Congressional District, David Cicciline was defeated in the primary by Attorney General, Peter Kilmartin, we can project that Kilmartin will defeat Woonsocket mayor Lisa Baldelli-Hunt. In the Second Congressional District, we can project James Langevin will turn back quxiotic challenge from former NASCAR driver Mike Stefanik. Finally in the Senate race, we cannot project a winner as it is too early to call, although Jack Reed leads former Governor Donald Carcieri. The New Hampshire Senate Race remains too close to call at this moment.

Rhode Island-Treasurer- 54% in

Frank Caprio (D) 77%
Scott Avedisian (R) 21%

Rhode Island- Attorney General-54% in

Gina Raimondo (D) 63%
Opponent (R) 30%

Rhode Island- Secretary of State- 54% in

Nellie Goreba (D) 60%
Opponent (R) 32%

Rhode Island- Lieutenant Governor 54% in

Ralph Mollis (D) 60%
Erik Wallin (R) 37%

Rhode Island- Governor- 54% in

Angel Taveras (D) 55%
Allan Fung (R) 37%
Ken Block (Moderate) 6.4%

Rhode Island-1st Congressional District- 54% in

Peter Kilmartin (D) 56%
Lisa Baldelli-Hunt (R) 41%

Rhode Island-2nd Congressional District- 54% in

James Langevin (D) 56%
Mike Stefanik (I, would have caucused with Republicans if elected) 39%

Rhode Island- Senate

Jack Reed (D) 57%
Don Carcieri (R) 41%

New Hampshire- Senate- 62% in
Jeanne Shaheen (D) 48.45%
Scott Brown (R) 48.23%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:30:48 PM »

Welcome Back, I'm Amy Holmes and we have some big election news.

First we can call the New Hampshire Senate race for Jeanne Shaheen, as former Senator Scott Brown put up a massive fight but ultimately could not close the deal.

New Hampshire- Senate- 97% Reporting

Jeanne Shaheen (D) 48.74%
Scott Brown (R) 46.29%

Next we move to Washington D.C, where incumbent Mayor Vincent Gray was defeated in the Democratic Primary and is running as an Independent, there is no Republican nominee but both Councilman David Catania and Police Chief Cathy Lainer are running independant candidacies, and Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton won the Democratic nomination. We project Lanier to be the winner.  Meanwhile Shadow Senator Michael Brown is the new projected delegate for D.C in Congress defeating 2012 City Council Nominee Mary Brooks Beatty.

Washington D.C Mayor- 64% in

Cathy Lanier (I) 39%
Eleanor Holmes Norton 27% (D)
Vincent Gray (I) 16%
David Catania (I) 15%
Bruce Majors (L) 1.3%
Faith Dane (G) .6%

Washington D.C- Delegate- 64%

Michael Brown (D) 69%
David Schwartzman (G) 22%
Nelson Rimensdayer (R)  7%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »

Welcome back, I'm John Muller from ABC and we have a bunch of calls to make right now.

First we go to Delaware, where we can project that the last significant Republican standing in the State, Auditor, R. Thomas Wagner Jr. who spent much of the last year and a half resisting efforts by National Republicans to run for the U.S Senate, will be defeated former Wilmington Mayor James Sillis. We can Project that Treasurer Chipman Flowers will win his rematch with his 2010 opponent Collin Bonini, In the Attorney General's race between Beau Biden and Sussex County, Councilman George Cole, we cannot project a winner, as it is currently to early to call, though Biden leads. In the Congressional Race between John Carney and State Rep. Daniel Short, we cannot project a winner, it is too close to call. In the Senate Race between Chris Coons and State Rep. Michael Ramone, we can project a Coons victory.

Delaware- Auditor- 55% reporting

James Sillis (D) 59%
R. Thomas Wagner Jr. (R) 39%

Delaware- Treasurer- 55% Reporting

Chipman Flowers (D) 60%
Colin Bonini (R) 37%

Delaware- Attorney General-55% Reporting

Beau Biden (D) 57%
George Cole (R) 41%

Delaware- Senate- 55% Reporting

Chris Coons (D) 59%
Michael Ramone (R) 37%

Delaware- At Large Congressional District- 92%

John Carney (D) 50.07%
Daniel Short (R) 48.16%

Meanwhile in Vermont, we can project that Doug Hoffer will defeat Business writer Tom Peters in the Auditors race, in the Treasurer's race we can project that Elizabeth Pearce, who is facing opposition from from the Vermont Party's Don Schramm and the Liberty Union Party's Mary Alice Herbert will be the winner. In the Attorney General's race we project that Bill Sorrell will be re-elected. In the Race for Secretary of State that former Auditor Thomas Salmon will defeat incumbent Jim Condos, a significant victory for State Republicans. In the Lieutenant Governor's race we can project that incumbent Phillip Scott will defeat 2012 State Representative candidate Robert Hooper. In the Governor's race between incumbent Peter Shumlin and former Jim Jeffords we cannot make a projection, we believe this race is to close to call. Finally in the race for Vermont's lone Congressional District, we can project that Rep. Peter Welch will defeat former General and Army Chief of Staff, Richard Cody.

Vermont-Auditor 54% Reporting

Douglas Hoffer (D) 57%
Tom Peters (R) 41%

Vermont-Treasurer- 54%- Reporting

Elizabeth Pearce (D) 69%
Don Schramm (VPP) 19%
Mary Alice Herbert (LU) 9%

Vermont Attorney General- 54% Reporting

Bill Sorrell (D) 94%
Write-in Other 6%

Vermont-Secretary of State-54% Reporting

Thomas Salmon (R) 55%
Jim Condos (D) 42%

Vermont-Lieutenant Governor- 54% Reporting

Phillip Scott (R) 69%
Robert Hooper (D) 29%

Vermont At-Large Congressional Seat - 54% Reporting

Peter Welch (D) 59%
Gen. Richard Cody (Ret) 40%

Vermont Governor
Peter Shumlin (D) 49.08%
Jim Jeffords (R) 48.77%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:27:38 PM »

We can also project Texas State Attorney General Greg Abbott (R) has easily defeated State Senator Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth) in the open gubernatorial election for the Texas Governor's Mansion.

I'm nowhere near Texas yet... Give me some time...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »

Welcome Back, I'm Luke Russert, from NBC News and we've got a fresh batch of projections for you.

First we can now call the election for the Governorship of Vermont in favor of incumbent Peter Shumlin, who defeated former Senator Jim Jeffords in an excruciatingly close race. Senator Jeffords has not yet conceded the race, but all sources indicate he will do so within the hour.

Vermont-Governor 94% reporting

Peter Shumlin (D) 49.92%
Jim Jeffords (R) 47.15%

We move on to Indiana, where we can project that former Evansville Mayor Johnathan Weinzapfel will defeat Auditor Suzanne Crouch. We are also able to project that Princeton Mayor Robert Hurst will defeat Indianapolis Citycouncilwoman Virgina Cain in the race to succeed outgoing Treasurer Richard Mourdock, While in the Secretary of State Race we can Project that Marion County Clerk Beth White will defeat incumbent Secretary of State Connie Lawson, providing for a huge trio of victories for Indiana Democrats. In Congressional races, we can project that Peter Viclosky, Todd Rokita, and Andre Carson were all re-elected over token opposition. The Second Congressional District Race between Jacky Walorski and Joe Bock is currently too early to call, although Walorski leads. The Third Congressional District race between Marlin Stutzman and Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry is too close to call. The Fifth Congressional District race between Susan Brooks and former pilot and commercial astronaut Mike Melvill is too early to call, but Brooks is leading. The Sixth Congressional District race between Luke Messer and former Olympic Gold Medalist Jaycie Phelps is currently too early to call, but Messer is leading. The Eighth Congressional District Race between Treasurer Richard Mourdock (Who knocked off Larry Buschon) and Former State Representative Trent Van Haaften, is too early to call, though Mourdock is leading. And finally in the ninth Congressional District race between Todd Young and former Purdue Football Head Coach Danny Hope is too close to call 

Indiana- 1st Congressional District 11% Reporting

Peter Visklosky (D) 79%
Mark Leyva (R) 18%

Indiana-4th Congressional District 9% Reporting

Todd Rokita (R) 77%
John Futrell (D) 20%

Indiana- 7th Congressional District 15% Reporting

Andre Carson (D) 80%
Erin Magee (R) 18%

Indiana-Auditor 28% Reporting

Johnathan Weinzapfel (D) 56%
Suzanne Crouch (R) 43%

Indiana- Treasurer 30% Reporting
Robert Hurst (D) 61%
Virginia Cain (R) 36%

Indiana- Secretary of State 26% Reporting

Beth White (D) 59%
Connie Lawson (R) 40%

Indiana 2nd Congressional District 49% Reporting

Jackie Walorski (R) 56%
Joe Bock (D) 46%

Indiana-3rd Congressional District- 98.6% Reporting

Tom Henry (D) 49.6%
Marlin Stutzman (R) 48.7%

Indiana- 5th Congressional District- 51% Reporting

Susan Brooks (R) 57%
Mark Melvill (I, would caucus with Republicans if elected) 37%

Indiana- 6th Congressional District- 47% Reporting

Luke Messer (R) 55%
Jaycie Phelps (D) 43%

Indiana 8th Congressional District- 49% Reporting

Richard Mourdock (R) 60%
Trent Van Haaften (D) 38%

Indiana 9th Congressional District- 96.7% Reporting

Todd Young (R) 49.98%
Danny Hope (D) 48.1%
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:26:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, this would never happen. The third congressional district is consistently 60% Republican, and Henry only won the Mayoral race with 50% of the vote.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:31:09 PM »

This looks good! Smiley
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »

Good Evening, I'm Thom Hartmann, and thank you for allowing us to continue with our unprecedented expanded coverage of Election 2014.

Our next stop is in Maine. In the Maine's Governor's race, where Paul LePage is not running for re-election, we can project that Rep. Mike Michaud will defeat Republican State Rep. Matthew Pouliout, and Independents Eliot Cutler, Adam Eldridge and Lee Schultheis. In the Senate race, where Susan Collins turned back a challenge from Governor LePage, we can project that Collins will defeat former Governor and Representative John Baldacci, and Independents Mike Turcotte and Erick Bennett. In the first Congressional District we can project that Chellie Pingree will defeat member of the Council of Chief State School Officers, Stephen Bowen. The Second Congressional District race between State Senator Troy Dale Jackson and lobbyist/former State Representative Joshua Tardy is too early too call, though Jackson leads.

Maine- 1st Congressional District- 29% Reporting

Chellie Pingree (D) 59%
Stephen Bowen (R) 39%

Maine- 2nd Congressional District- 55% Reporting

Troy Dale Jackson (D) 54%
Joshua Tardy (R) 43%

Maine- Governor- 34% Reporting

Mike Michuad (D) 49%
Matthew Puliout (R) 30%
Eliot Cutler (I) 15%
Adam Eldridge (I) 3%
Lee Schulthies (I) 2.2%

Maine- Senate 31% Reporting

Susan Collins (R) 52%
John Baldacci (D) 37%
Erick Bennett (I) 8%
Mike Turcotte (I) 2%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »

I'm Malcolm Hoenlien, here on behalf of the Jewish Week, and we have a another round of calls ahead

Our next stop is Connecticut a state where National Republicans spent significant money in the Gubernatorial Race. First, in the Comptrollers race, we project that Comptroller Kevin Lembo will defeat former Norwalk Mayor Richard Moccia, in a race that was closely polled as late as early October. In the Treasurer's race, we can project that incumbent Treasurer Denise Nappier, will defeat 2006 Comptroller nominee Cathy Cook. In the Secretary of State election, we can project that State Representative Christie Carpino, will defeat incumbent Denise Merrill. In the Attorney General's race we can project former Attorney and gun rights advocate Martha Dean, will defeat incumbent George Jepsen in a 2010 rematch. In the Lieutenant Governor's Election, a seat which Nancy Wyman is vacating, New Haven mayor Toni Harp, will defeat former Lieutenant Governor Michael Fedele. In the Governor's race we can project that incumbent Dan Malloy, will defeat former State House Leader Lawrence Cafero. In the 1st Congressional District, we can project that Congressman John Larson will defeat his token opposition. In the 2nd Congressional District we can project that Joe Courtney, who is running unopposed, will win re-election. In the 3rd Congressional we can project that Rosa DeLauro will defeat a member of the Nagautuck Board of Education in Scott Slauson.  The 4th Congressional District race between Jim Himes and former State Senator Dan Debicella is too close to call. In the fifth Congressional District we can project that State Senator Robert Kane will defeat Elizabeth Esty.

Connecticut- Comptroller- 27% Reporting

Kevin Lembo (D) 69%
Richard Moccia (R) 30%

Connecticut- Treasurer- 29% Reporting

Denise Nappier (D) 59%
Cathy Cook (R) 38%

Secretary Of State- 30% Reporting

Christie Carpino (R) 57%
Denise Merrill (D) 40%

Lieutenant Governor/Governor- 33% Reporting

Dan Malloy/Toni Harp (D) 48%
Lawrence Cafero/Micheal Fedele (R) 39%
Jean DeSmet/Harold Burbank (G) 4%
Bill Finch/Toni Harp (WFP) 3%
Hadassah Lieberman/Linda Gentile (Connecticut For Lieberman) 2.1%

Connecticut 1st Congressional District- 17% Reporting

John Larson (D) 59%
Matthew Corey (R) 36%

Connecticut- 2nd Congressional District 0.3% Reporting

Joe Courtney (D) 94%
Various Write-in candidates 6%

Connecticut 3rd Congressional District 29% Reporting

Rosa DeLauro (D) 61%
Scott Slauson (R) 37%

Connecticut 4th Congressional District 97.19% Reporting

Dan Debicella (R) 51%
Jim Himes (D) 48.96%

Connecticut 5th Congressional District- 42% Reporting

Robert Kane (R) 53%
Elizabeth Esty (D) 46%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »

Good Evening, I'm Soledad O' Brien, and we're glad you've been watching this extraordinary and unprecedented election night.

We now head to West Virginia, the first of the major battleground states for control of the Senate. That Senate race, for the seat being vacated by Jay Rockafeller, is currently too close to call, as Secretary of State Natalie Tennant caught Rep. Shelly Moore Capito in polling in late August, and we have been tied since.  In the first Congressional District, we can project that Auditor Glen Gainer will defeat incumbent David McKinley in a huge victory for National Democrats. In the second Congressional district, being vacated by Moore Capito we can project  that Charleston City councilman Mike Clowser will pick up the seat for the Democrats, defeating fellow Charleston Council member Courtney Persinger. The third Congressional District race between Nick Rahall, State Senator Evan Jenkins and White Sulphur Springs City Councilman Bobby Sams, who was running a vigorous campaign on the Mountain Party line is too early to call, but Rahall leads.

West Virginia 1st Congressional District- 40% Reporting

Glen Gainer (D) 51%
David McKinley (R) 43%
Ronald Osbourne (Mountain) 4%

West Virginia- 2nd Congressional District- 43% Reporting

Mike Clowser (D) 50%
Courtney Persinger (R) 42%
John Ochsendorf (Mountain) 6%

West Virginia- 3rd Congressional District- 61% Reporting

Nick Rahall (D) 47%
Evan Jenkins (R) 30%
Bobby Sams (Mountain) 19%

West Virginia- Senate- 69% Reporting
Shelly Moore Capito (R) 48.9%
Natalie Tennant (D) 48.3%
Jeff Mikorski (Mountain) 2.9%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 03:22:08 PM »

Good Evening, I'm Matthew Winkler, from Bloomberg Magazine and we have a very important call to begin tonight

We can now project that Shelly Moore Capito will be the first Senate pickup for Republicans this cycle, in a race that some National Republicans tell me never should have been this close.

West Virginia-Senate 98.5% Reporting

Shelly Moore Capito (R) 49%
Natalie Tennant (D) 48.1%
Jeff Mikorski (Mountain) 2.4%

Former Senator Carte Goodwin has already come out with a statement blaming Mikorski, the nominee of the Mountain Party for Tennant's defeat.  In her concession speech, which just wrapped up in Morgantown, Tennant confirmed she would run for re-election as Secretary of State in 2016, early polling shows her leading Republicans David Nohe and David Sypolt, tied with 2012 Auditor nominee Larry Faircloth, perennial candidate John Raese, and Delegate Tim Armstead, and trailing former Secretary of State Betty Ireland, 2012 Treasurer nominee Mike Hall and Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. For National Democrats, while they gained both GOP-held House districts, they have taken a heavy blow with the loss of the Senate Seat

Our next stop is the Bay State of Massachusetts, which was another GOP-heavy Gubernatorial election

We begin with the race for Auditor, where we can project that Suzanne Bump, will defeat a token opponent. In the Treasurer's election, which Steven Grossman vacated to run for Governor (and lost in the primary), we can project that Newton Mayor Setti Warren will defeat the President and Chief Operating Officer of Regional Supermarket Chain the Big Y, Charles D'Amour by a comfertable margin.

Massachusetts- Treasurer 44% Reporting

Setti Warren (D) 61%
Charles D'Amour (R) 36%

Massachusetts- Auditor 44% Reporting

Suzanne Bump (D) 89%
Christopher Crean (G) 9%

In the race for the Attorney General's chair, being vacated by Martha Coakley, we can project that former treasurer Joe Malone will win a three way race defeating Democratic nominee and former Deputy Attorney General Maura Healy and the President of Macy's Bank and Trust Karen Houget running a strong independent campaign (although she took heavy fire for buying a house in Massachusetts on January, 20 2014, eleven days after she announced).

Massachusetts Attorney General- 47% Reporting

Joe Malone (R) 51%
Maura Healy (D) 32%
Karen Houget (I) 15%

In the race for Lieutenant Governor we can project that Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno, will defeat former State Representative Karen Polito, Acton Selectwoman Janet Adachi, who is the Rainbow-Green party nominee, and Independent candidates, Dan Duquette (General Manager for the Baltimore Orioles and Former General Manager for the Boston Red Sox) (Duquette was attacked more for the Red Sox's performance during his years as General Manager than his views or, his return-carpetbagging, which a lot of commentators-myself included found hilarious), and Triathalete Jarrod Shoemaker.

Massachusetts- Lieutenant Governor- 46% Reporting

Domenic Sarno (D) 43%
Dan Duquette (I) 19%
Karen Polito (R) 15%
Jarrod Shoemaker (I) 12%
Janet Adachi (G) 7%

In the battle for the Governor's Mansion, we can project that Juliette Kayyem, fresh off a double upset of Stephen Grossman and Martha Coakley, will defeat former Lieutenant Governor Kerry Healey, New England Revolution Club Legend, and ESPN Analyst Taylor Twellman (Running on the Rainbow-Green line, and was attacked because he had bought a house in Boston on January 6, 2014- 8 days before his candidacy), And Independent candidates in Conservative Talk Radio Host, Howie Carr and former Lowell City Manager Bernard Lynch

Massachusetts-Governor 52% Reporting

Juliette Kayyem (D) 46%
Kerry Healy (R) 36%
Howie Carr (I) 13%
Taylor Twellman (G) 2%
Bernard Lynch (I) 1.6%

There are nine Seats to the House of Representatives and one Senate Seat up for grabs this cycle, in Massachusetts

In the first Congressional District we can project that Richard Neal will defeat Greenfield Town Treasurer Kieth Zaltzburg (running under the Rainbow-Green line)
Massachusetts- 1st Congressional District 41% Reporting

Richard Neal (D) 80%
Keith Zaltzburg (G) 18.7%

In the Second Congressional District, we can project that Jim McGovern will be re-elected, defeating former Worcester Mayor Konstantina Lukes (running as an Independent) and History Professor at UMass Amherst Christian Appy (Running on the Rainbow-Green line)

Jim McGovern (D) 70%
Konstantina Lukes (I) 22%
Christian Appy (G) 5.6%

In the Third Congressional District, where Niki Tsongas is retiring, we can project former Executive Liason to the President, former Executive Director of EMILY'S List, and campaign manager for John Kerry's 2004 bid. Mary Beth Cahill will defeat Essex County Sherriff Frank Cousins and Olympic Runner Shalane Flanagan (Independent)

Massachussetts- Third Congressional District 52% Reporting

Mary Beth Cahill (D) 66%
Frank Cousins (R) 24%
Shalane Flanagan (I) 9%

In the Fourth Congressional District we can project that Congressman Joesph Kennedy III will defeat a trio independent candidates in Executive Producer of Antiques Roadshow, Marsha Bemko, Jazz musician Toru "Tiger" Ogoshi and Swansea School Committeeman, Joesph Salpietro

Massachusetts- Fourth Congressional District

Joseph Kennedy III (D) 68%
Toru "Tiger" Ogoshi (I) 18%
Joseph Salpietro (I) 6%
Marsha Bemko (I) 7%

In the Fifth Congressional District we project that Congresswoman Katherine Clark will turn back two independents- retired Boston Globe Sports columnist Jackie MacMullan, and Boston Celtics Co-Owner Wyc Grousbeck (who spent most of the campaign sniping at each other instead of Clark, decreasing already slim chances for either one to win)

Massachusetts- Fifth Congressional District

Katherine Clark (D) 61%
Wyc Grousbeck (I) 16%
Jackie MacMullin (I) 16%

In the Sixth Congressional District, where both favorites ahead of the September 9 Primary lost (Richard Tisei and John Tierney) we can project that Tagg Romney will become the next Romney to serve Massachussetts, as he will defeat immigration attorney Marisa DeFranco, and give the Republicans another pickup.

Massachusetts- Sixth Congressional District

Tagg Romney (R) 54%
Marisa DeFranco (D) 45%

In the seventh Congressional District we can project that Micheal Capuano will another term, defeating the former director of MIT's Media Lab, Frank Moss and Director of the Whitehead Institute, David Page (Running on the Rainbow-Green Line)

Massachusetts- Seventh Congressional District

Michael Capuano (D) 62%
David Page (G) 27%
Frank Moss (I) 10.3%

In the Eighth Congressional District, Stephen Lynch decided to retire... we can now project that Boston City Councilor Ayanna Pressley will defeat former Brockton mayor Linda Balzotti and General Manager of the Martha's Vineyard Sharks, Jerry Murphy (Both running as Independents)

Massachusetts- Eighth Congressional District- 55% Reporting

Ayanna Pressley (D) 69%
Jerry Murphy (I) 21%
Linda Balzotti (I) 9%

In the Ninth Congressional District we can project that the Superintendent at Bridgewater State Hospital Robert Murphy, has pulled off a stunning upset of Rep. Bill Keating that many thought impossible just two mere weeks ago.

Massachusetts- 9th Congressional District 69% Reporting

Robert Murphy (R) 50%
William Keating (D) 46%
Dr. Charles Wall (G) 3.4%

Finally, in the race for the U.S Senate, we can project that incumbent Ed Markey, will defeat former Governor William Weld, and Green-Rainbow, nominee Jill Stein

Massachusetts- Senate 66% Reporting

Ed Markey (D) 53%
William Weld (R) 42%
Jill Stein (G) 3.7%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 02:40:51 AM »

Good evening, I'm Miguel Marquez, I just got back from Tahrir square on Sunday, and I'm delighted to have you here for this continuing election coverage.

We next travel to Alabama, a GOP heavy state, with plenty of positions up for grabs.

In the Race for the two Public Service Commission Seats, we can project that incumbent Jeremy Oden will defeat artist Fred Nall Hollis, and that former Greene County Commissioner Chris "Chip" Beeker will defeat former WWE Diva Debra Marshall

Alabama Public Sevice Commissioner Place-1 11% Reporting

Jeremy Oden (R) 77%
Fred Nall Hollis (D) 19%

Alabama Public Servant Place-2 (Dunn defeated in primary)
Charles "Chip" Beeker (R) 63%
Debra Marshall (D) 33%

Next, we can project that Agriculture Commissioner John McMillian will easily defeat Doug "New Blue" Smith and an independent candidacy from romance novelist Linda Howington and earn re-election.

Alabama Agriculture Commissioner 15% Reporting

John McMillian (R) 67%
Doug "New Blue" Smith (D) 22%
Linda Howington (I) 8%

We can project an upset in the Treasurer's race, as projections indicate that incumbent Young Boozer, who openly flirted with a primary campaign for Governor back in October, will be defeated by Birmingham City Councilwoman Lashunda Scales. Meanwhile, in the race to replace term-limited Auditor Samantha Shaw, we can project the Democrats will gain that seat as well,with State Senator Tammy Irons defeating defeating former Beth Chapman Chief of Staff Adam Thompson.

Alabama Treasurer 28% Reporting

Lashunda Scales (D) 55%
Young Boozer (R) 44%

Alabama- Auditor 26% Reporting

Tammy Irons (D) 56%
Adam Thompson (R) 42%

The race for the position of Secretary of State has been nasty since the Republican Primary kicked off, and Democrats are reaping the rewards here. We can project that Birmingham City Council President Roderick Royal will defeat State Representative John Merrill.

Alabama -Secretary of State 39% Reporting

Roderick Royal (D) 57%
John Merrill (R) 40%

In the race for Attorney General, we project that Luther Strange will defeat State Representative Joseph Lister HubbardAlabama- Attorney General- 38% Reporting

Luther Strange (R)  60.7%
Joseph Lister Hubbard (D) 38.1%

Kay Ivey has been re-elected Lieutenant Governor defeating former State Rep. James Fields and former Mobile Mayor Mike Dow.

Alabama Lieutenant Governor- 33% Reporting

Kay Ivey (R) 61%
James Fields (D) 28%
Mike Dow 10%

The race for Governor is too early to call, but it looks like Republicans saw their chances of holding this seat evaporate on June 3 Correctional Officer and former Morgan County Commissioner Stacy George defeated incumbent Robert J. Bentley in the Republican Primary. At the Moment State Representative Craig Ford leads George, an independent Roy Moore campaign and a write-in Nick Saban Campaign (That Saban hasn't formally disavowed).

Alabama-Governor 53% Reporting

Craig Ford (D) 51%
Roy Moore (I) 20%
Stacy George (R) 17%
Nick Saban (I/Write-in) 10%

In Alabama's Congressional Races, we can project that Bradley Byrne, Terri Sewell, Mike Rogers, Robert Aderholt, and Mo Brooks will all be re-elected with comical percentages.

In the Sixth Congressional District, we project the Republican, State Representative Paul DeMarco will defeat Avery Vise, to replace the retiring Spencer Bachus.

Alabama Sixth Congressional District 33% Reporting

Paul DeMarco (R) 63%
Avery Vise (D) 36%

In the Senate race, we can project that Jeff Sessions, will win another term, as he defeats former Governor and Lieutenant Governor, Jim Folsom Jr. (Who nobody expected to run for anything in 2014)

Alabama- Senate 46% Reporting

Jeff Sessions (R) 58%
Jim Folsom Jr. (D) 39%
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 07:00:54 AM »

Isn't the MA LG elected in a joint ticket with the governor ?

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 10:16:43 AM »

Isn't the MA LG elected in a joint ticket with the governor ?

In the General yes... which is why the same party is winning, but here Massachusetts decided to experiment with a system of the primaries being run a ticket, but the general election being separate.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »

Welcome Back, I'm Ann-Marie Green and you are watching continuing election 2014 coverage

Our next stop is the Garden State of New Jersey.

In the First Congressional District, where Rob Andrews is retired to take a job in a Philadelphia law firm, we have a Special election and a General election. In the Special Election we project that State Senator Donald Norcross will defeat Claire Gustaffson, and in the General Election we can project that Norcross will defeat Pine Valley Mayor Michael Kennedy.

New Jersey first Congressional District- Special Election-21% Reporting

Donald Norcross (D) 75%
Claire Gustaffson (R) 23%

New Jersey First Congressional District- General Election-21% Reporting

Donald Norcross (D) 71%
Michael Kennedy (R) 26%
'
In the Second Congressional District we cannot project a winner between Bill Hughes Jr. and Frank LoBiondo, it is to early to call, however LoBiondo leads right now.\

New Jersey Second Congressional District 57% Reporting

Frank LoBiondo (R) 52%
Bill Hughes Jr. (D) 46%

In the Third Congressional District, which is being vacated by John Runyan, we can project that Burlington County Freeholder Aimee Belgard will pick up the seat for the Democrats, defeating Beach Haven Clerk Sherry Mason.

New Jersey Third Congressional District 41% Reporting

Aimee Belgard (D) 52%
Sherry Mason (R) 47%

In the Fourth Congressional District we can project that incumbent Chris Smith will defeat Pennington City Councilman Glen Griffiths with ease.

New Jersey Fourth Congressional District 20% Reporting

Chris Smith (R) 66%
Glen Griffiths (D) 32%

In the Fifth Congressional District, we can project that incumbent Scott Garrett, will defeat West Milford Mayor Bettina Bieri with little difficulty

New Jersey Fifth Congressional District

Scott Garrett (R) 62%
Bettinia Bieri (D) 36%

In the Sixth Congressional District, we can project that incumbent Frank Pallone will defeat Monmouth County Freeholder Lillian Burry.

New Jersey Sixth Congressional District 33% Reporting

Frank Pallone (D) 58%
Lillian Burry (R) 38%

In the Seventh Congressional District, Leonard Lance's upset defeat in the June 3, Primary, left them with a big opportunity, but they have been unable to capitalize thus far. This race is currently too early to call, however the Republican nominee, Montville Mayor Tim Braden, is leading the Democratic nominee, Clinton Mayor, Janice Kovach.

New Jersey Seventh Congressional District 52% Reporting
Tim Braden (R) 53%
Janice Kovach (D) 46%

In the eighth Congressional District we can project that incumbent Albio Sires will roll to victory over Merchantville Councilman Steve Volkert.

New Jersey Eighth Congressional District 9% Reporting

Alibio Sires (D) 72%
Steve Volkert (R) 26%

In the Ninth Congressional District we can project that incumbent Bill Pascrell will defeat Rochelle Park Councilman Frank Valenzuela.

New Jersey Ninth Congressional District 8% Reporting

Bill Pascrell (D) 77%
Frank Valenzuela (R) 20%

In the Tenth Congressional District Congressman Donald Payne Jr. was upset in the June 3, primary, however the Republicans never really had a chance at this urban seat. As such, we can project that the Democratic Primary winner, Newark City Councilman, Anibal Ramos Jr, will defeat Yolanda Dentley in the general election.

New Jersey Tenth Congressional District 6% Reporting

Anibal Ramos Jr. (D) 91%
Yolanda Dentley (R) 8.3%

In the Eleventh Congressional District we can project that incumbent Rodney Frelinghuysen will defeat Essex County Sheriff Armando Fortuna

New Jersey Eleventh Congressional District 29% Reporting

Rodney Freilnghuysen (R) 58%
Armando Fortuna (D) 40%

In the Twelfth Congressional district where Rush Holt is retiring, the race between former Senator and New Jersey Attorney General Jeff Chisea and at Trenton City Councilwoman Phyllis Holly-Ward is too close to call.

New Jersey Twelfth Congressional District 99.3% Reporting

Jeff Chisea (R) 49.92%
Phyllis Holly-Ward (D) 49.01%

In New Jersey's lone statewide race, the battle for the U.S Senate seat, incumbent Cory Booker continues to underperform, but we project he will defeat former Governor and EPA Commissioner Christine Todd Whitman

New Jersey- Senate 61% Reporting

Cory Booker (D) 52%
Christine Todd-Whitman (R) 44%
Chris Daggett (I) 3.7%
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 07:50:35 AM »

I don't see Booker underperforming that bad in RL.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 08:48:14 AM »

I don't see Booker underperforming that bad in RL.

I also don't see Christine Todd Whitman running in RL, so of course Booker isn't going to underperform.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »

What's going on in Florida, North Carolina and Louisiana.

I need Landrieu to get that 4th term.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »

What's going on in Florida, North Carolina and Louisiana.

I need Landrieu to get that 4th term.

We're doing Pennsylvania, whenever I bother to write out full details.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 07:13:50 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2014, 11:43:59 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Good evening, I'm Paul Gigot, and welcome back to this unprecedented election night coverage.

We now travel to the perennial swing state of Pennsylvania, with a Gubernatorial race Democrats have been fighting to win, and a state that the road for John Boehner to retain the speakership goes through.

In the First Congressional District we con project that incumbent Robert "Bob" Brady, the leader of the Philadelphia Democratic Party, will defeat Megan Rath.
Pennsylvania First Congressional District 4% Reporting

Robert "Bob" Brady (D) 94.6%
Megan Rath (R) 4.4%

In the Second Congressional District incumbent Chaka Fattah, did not file for re-election, and announced just before Labor Day that he will run for Mayor of Philadelphia in 2015. We can project that former Philadelphia City Solicitor Ken Trujillo will defeat a pair of strong , in businessman Sam Katz and Businessman Tom Knox plus Republican Nominee Armond James

Pennsylvania Second Congressional District 12% Reporting

Ken Trujillo (D) 62%
Tom Knox (I) 16%
Armond James (R) 10.9%
Sam Katz (I) 7%

The Third Congressional District race between incumbent Mike Kelly and Erie County Sheriff John Loomis is currently too close too call, a big turnaround from the most recent polling back in Mid-August which had Kelly up by thirteen.

Pennsylvania Third Congressional District 97.1% Reporting

John Loomis (D) 49.3%
Mike Kelly (R) 48.4%

The Fourth Congressional District race between incumbent Scott Perry and former Harrisburg City Controller Daniel Miller is also too close to call, a dramatic reversal of fortune for Perry, who was leading by fifteen in the only public poll of the race back in late June.

Pennsylvania Fourth Congressional District 96.2% Reporting

Daniel Miller (D) 50.34%
Scott Perry (R) 48.16%

In the Fifth Congressional District race between Glenn Thompson, one of only two Republicans in the Congressional delegation not to endorse Governor Corbett's re-election bid (the other being Jim Gerlach) and Erie Treasurer Susan DiVecchio is too close to call.

Pennsylvania Fifth Congressional District 98% Reporting
 99.3%
Susan Divecchio (D) 49.7%
Glenn Thompson (R) 49%

In the Sixth Congressional District, where incumbent Jim Gerlach is retiring, we can project that the Democrats 2012 nominee Manan Trivedi will make the third time work, defeating the chair of Chester County of the Board Commissoners Ryan Costello.

Pennsylvania Sixth Congressional District 49% Reporting

Manan Trivedi (D) 53%
Ryan Costello (R) 44.7%

In the Seventh Congressional District, we can project that incumbent Patrick Meehan will defeat Berks County District Attorney Fredrick Sheeler.

Pennsylvania Seventh Congressional District 46% Reporting

Patrick Meehan (R) 55%
Fredrick Sheeler (D) 43.6%

In the Eighth Congressional District we can project another pickup for the Democrats, with incumbent Michael Fitzpatrick being defeated by entrepreneur Shaughnessey Naughton.  

Pennsylvania Eighth Congressional District 47% Reporting

Shuagnessy Naughton (D) 53%
Michael Fitzpatrick (R) 45%

In the Ninth Congressional District, we can project that the incumbent Bill Shuster, who barely was able to turn back a challenge from businessman Art Halverson in the May 20, Primary, will defeat Cambria County Sherrif Bob Kolar by a surprisingly large margin, as most polling, including all three public polls of the race, showed close race.

Pennsylvania Ninth Congressional District 39% Reporting

Bill Shuster (R) 59%
Bob Kolar (D) 38%

In the Tenth Congressional District we can project that State Representative Kevin Haggerty will defeat the incumbent Tom Marino, marking another pickup for Democrats, and another dramatic loss for Republicans, as in the last public poll, which was released on June 25, Marino lead by twelve.

Pennsylvania Tenth Congressional District 53% Reporting

Kevin Haggerty (D) 52%
Tom Marino (R) 47%

In the Eleventh Congressional District we can project that former Congressman Chris Carney will return to Capitol Hill, as he defeats Congressman Lou Barletta.

Pennsylvania Eleventh District 55% Reporting

Jay Carney (D) 55.3%
Lou Barletta (R) 43.4%

The Twelfth Congressional between incumbent Keith Rothfus and former Jack Murtha staffer John Hugya is currently too close to call.

Pennsylvania Twelfth Congressional District 96% Reporting

John Hugya (D) 50%
Keith Rothfus (R) 49.55%

In the Thirteenth Congressional District, left open by Allyson Schwartz campaign for Governor we can project that State Senator Daylin Leach will defeat Bucks County Chief Clerk Patricia Bachtle.

Pennsylvania Thirteenth Congressional District 37% Reporting

Daylin Leach (D) 62%
Patrica Bachtle (R) 37%

In the Fourteenth Congressional District we can project that incumbent Michael Doyle, who is running unopposed will win re-election.

The Fifteenth Congressional District race between incumbent Charlie Dent and Lehigh County Commissioner Geoff Brace is too close to call.

Pennsylvania Fifteenth Congressional District- 98.2% Reporting

Geoff Brace (D) 50.7%
Charlie Dent (R) 48.6%

In the Sixteenth Congressional District, chalk up another victory for the Democrats as we project State Representative Mike Sturla to defeat incumbent Joesph Pitts.

Pennsylvania Sixteenth Congressional District 57% Reporting

Jeff Sturla (D) 54%
Joesph Pitts (R) 45%

In the Seventeenth Congressional District we can project incumbent Matt Cartwright to defeat  Monore County Sheriff, Todd Martin.

Pennsylvania Seventeenth Congressional District 26% Reporting

Matt Cartwright (D) 55%
Todd Martin (R) 43%

The Eighteenth Congressional District race between incumbent Tim Murphy and Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald is currently to close call.

Pennsylvania Eighteenth Congressional District 98% Reporting

Rich Fitzgerald (D) 50.3%
Tim Murphy (R) 49.2%

In the race for Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania we can project that former Congressman Mark Critz will defeat incumbent Jim Cawley, Libretarian Harry Haller, and Green Party nominee Wendy Lynn Lee.

Pennsylvania Lieutenant Governor 66% Reporting

Mark Critz (D) 59%
Jim Cawley 37%
Harry Haller (L) 1.9%
Wendy Lynn Lee (G) 1.2%

In the Governors race we project that Allyson Schwartz will defeat incumbent Tom Corbett, Green Party nominee Paul Glover and Libretarian nominee Ken Krawchuck. We also project that Corbett will set a Pennsylvania Gubernatorial record lowest percentage of the vote for an incumbent and margin of defeat and may set a national record for lowest percentage of vote by an incumbent in a Gubernatorial election.

Pennsylvania Governor 89% Reporting

Allyson Schwartz (D) 75%
Ken Krawchuck (L) 12%
Tom Corbett (R) 9%
Paul Glover (G) 1.6%

Joining us on the phone right now is the chair of the Pennsylvania Republican Party, Robert Gleason.

Robert, why is the Republican Party doing so poorly in Pennsylvania in a year in which things look like they've been going the National Republican's way?

Well Paul, I'm not sure we ever thought we would do well, especially after Corbett won his primary... When you have an incumbent that can't even crack 10% in an election, that polled under 20% in every poll after Memorial Day, we thought it would be bad, but we didn't think it would be this bad... At least we know how the citizens of Toronto feel like...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »

I'm calling bull f[inks]ing sh**t on Corbett getting 9% of the vote.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »

I'm calling bull f[inks]ing sh**t on Corbett getting 9% of the vote.

I was thinking about it. I understand the principle of "Author's discretion" in writing TLs, but a sitting Governor getting 9% is just beyond any realm of belief. Other than that, I think this is a great TL.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »

Yeah, I mean even LePage will get more than 9%
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 10:48:21 AM »

No way Corbett gets 9%.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 03:29:43 PM »

Welcome back to tonight's Election 2014 programming. I'm Andrew Wilkow, from TheBlaze and it's a pleasure to be here tonight.

Our next stop is the State of Maryland.

The First Congressional District race between incumbent Andy Harris and Horse Jockey Jeremy Rose is currently too close to call.

Maryland First Congressional District 97% Reporting

Andy Harris (R) 50%
Jeremy Rose (D) 49.1%

In the Second Congressional District, we can project that the incumbent, Dutch Ruppersburger will defeat two-time Gubernatorial nominee, and Assistant Secretary of State for Population, Refugees and Migration, Ellen Sauerbey. At least one source close to the Sauerbay Campaign said that it was likely that she would have won, if she hadn't been effictively out of Maryland politics since 1998. This will Ruppersburger's closest race since his initial election in 2002.

Maryland Second Congressional District 56% Reporting

Dutch Ruppersburger (D) 56.57%
Ellen Sauerbey (R) 42.17%
Mark Gerard Shell (L) .59%
Ian Schlakman (G) .43%

In the Third Congressional District, we can project that the incumbent John Sarbenes will defeat Anne Arundel County Legislator Derek Fink.

Maryland Third Congressional District 38% Reporting

John Sarbanes (D) 66%
Derek Fink (R) 32%

In the Fourth Congressional District, we can project that incumbent Donna Edwards will defeat Prince George's County Fire Chief Marc Bashoor, who is undergoing the process of changing voter registration and is running on the Republican line.

Maryland Fourth Congressional District 39% Reporting

Donna Edwards (D) 60%
Marc Bashoor (R) 37%

In the Fifth Congressional District we can project that Steny Hoyer, who flirted with retirement for much of 2013, will defeat Calvert County Commissioner Evan Slaughenhoupt. Hoyer said in remarks last Thursday that if he won, this would be his final term, so it will be interesting to see if he decides to remain head Whip for the Democrats, and just who will run to replace him.

Maryland Fifth Congressional District 26% Reporting

Steny Hoyer (D) 65%
Evan Slaughtenhoupt (R) 34%

The Sixth Congressional District race between John Delaney and 2012 Senate nominee Dan Bongino is remarkably too close to call. Bongino had been closing quickly since Labor Day, turning a twenty-seven point Delaney lead into a six point Delaney lead by Columbus Day, but I'm not sure any political operative saw this coming.

Maryland Sixth Congressional District 99.3% Reporting

Dan Bongino (R) 49.8%
John Delaney (D) 48.4%
George Gluck (G) 1.8%

In the Seventh Congressional District, where Elijah Cummings is retiring, we project that Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake will defeat independent candidate, keyboardist for the Rock and New Wave band The Cars Greg Hawkes.

Maryland Seventh Congressional District 24% Reporting

Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (D) 70.76%
Greg Hawkes (I) 25.24%
Scott Soffen (L) 2.87%

In the Eighth Congressional District we can project that the Democrats leader on Budgetary matters Chris Van Hollen, will defeat the co-owner of the Beltway Bombers, Ira Perry, running on the Republican line and the Independent Candidacy of Sculptor and Toy Designer Jason Freeney

Maryland Eighth Congressional District 36% Reporting

Chris Van Hollen (D) 67%
Jason Freeney (I) 24%
Ira Perry (R) 7.8%

In the race for Comptroller, we can project that the incumbent Peter Franchot, will defeat the Republicans 2009 nominee for Mayor of Annapolis, David Cordle

Maryland Attorney General 42% Reporting

Peter Franchot (D) 67%
David Cordle (R) 29%

In the Attorney General's race, we can project Delegate Jon Cardin, who some of you may remember as Senator Ben Cardin's nephew, to defeat State Senator Christopher Shank and multiple independent candidates, several of whom were self-funding. They are, Baltimore Burn owner Debra Miller

Maryland Attorney General 62.7% Reporting

Jon Cardin (D)  41%
Christopher Shank (R)  35%
Debra Miller (I) 8%
D.C Divas Owner Paul Hamlin (I) 7.8%
Former Fredricksburg Lady Gunners Chairman Brian Shumate (I) 6.2%
Provost of University of Maryland-Eastern Shore Ronald Nykiel (I) 5.2%

In the race for Governor and Lieutenant Governor we project the ticket of Anthony Brown and Ken Ullman will defeat the ticket of David Craig and Jeannie Haddaway- Riccio on the Republican line, as well as two independent tickets. The first independent ticket is former Congressman Al Wynn and Rockville City Councilwoman Virginia Oneley, the other ticket is former Baltimore Ravens Head Coach, and current NFL Analyst Brian Billick and his running mate, Baltimore City Councilman Pete Welch

Maryland Governor/Lieutenant Governor55% Reporting

Anthony Brown/Ken Ulman (D) 52%
Al Wynn/ Pete Onely (I) 20%
Brian Billick/Pete Welch (I) 14%
David Craig/Jeannie Haddaway-Ricco 12.7%

I'm now going to turn it my counterpart on the other side of the aisle, Monika Bauerlein. Monica?

Thanks, Andrew... As we head to our next stop in Kentucky, a quick recap on the night so far. Both Republicans and Democrats have been off to a good night, with both sides, picking off downballot statewide offices. Republicans have to be pleased that Scott Brown gave Jeanne Shaheen a run for her money, and at how close they came to taking down progressive hero Peter Shumlin (With an eighty year old former Senator no less). But National Republicans have much to be concerned about as Marlin Stutzman managed to blow a completely safe district, and Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett's slide from "super-unpopular" to "even Satan hates you" completely reversed the Republicans delegation to the point where Bill Shuster and Patrick Meehan are the only two remaining. Corbett's unpopularity has turned a 27-23 advantage in the State Senate to a massive 45-5 Disadvantage, with Domenic Pileggi, Bob Mensch, Kim Ward, David Argall and Randy Vulakovich the lone survivors. In the House with several seats still to be called, the Republicans 111-92 advantage entering the election, is now a dominating 149- 54 advantage for Democrats. At least one unnamed operative suggested that Corbett may have killed the long-term fortunes of the party in Pennsylvania.

Now then moving on to Kentucky... In the First Congressional District, where the incumbent Ed Whitfield was defeated in the May 20, Primary we project that Paducah Mayor Gayle Kayler will defeat the Democrats nominee Wesley Bolin

Kentucky First Congressional District 15% Reporting

Gayle Kaler (R) 59%
Wesley Bolin (D) 37

In the Second Congressional District where Brett Guthrie is retiring, and announced shortly before Labor Day that he would be running for Governor of Kentucky next year, we can project that Mercer County Attorney Ted Dean will defeat Health Educator and Drug Policy Expert Thomas Nicholson.

Kentucky Second Congressional District 17% Reporting
Ted Dean (R) 54%
Thomas Nicholson (D) 44%

The Third Congressional District race between incumbent John Yarmouth and Louisville Metro Councilman Robin Engel is too close to call.

Kentucky Third Congressional District 98.5% Reporting

Robin Engel (R) 50.4%
John Yarrmuth (D) 49.1%

In the Fifth Congressional District, we can project that the incumbent Hal Rogers, will prevail in his rematch against Kenneth Stepp.

Kentucky Fifth Congressional District 37% Reporting

Hal Rogers (R) 74%
Kenneth Stepp (D) 25%

In the Sixth Congressional District we can project that Actress Ashely Judd, once thought to be challenging Senator McConnell, will defeat incumbent Andy Barr.

Kentucky Sixth Congressional District 58% Reporting

Ashley Judd (D) 52%
Andy Barr (R) 46.8%

Next, we can project in one of the more closely watched legislatures in the Country that the when all is said and done, Republicans will have a 23-12-2 majority in the State Senate, while the Democrats will have a 51-48-1 majority in the State Senate.

In the race, for the U.S Senate, which has been one of the most closely watched, and one of the most expensive, with Matt Bevin, Mitch McConnell and Alison Grimes spending a combined total of $67 million, we can project that Alison Grimes will win election to the U.S Senate, in what is likely to be a heavy blow to Republican chances to capture the Senate this year.

Kentucky- Senate

Alison Lundergan Grimes (D) 50%
Mitch McConnell (R) 47%
David Patterson (L) 1.1%
Ed Marksberry (I) .5%

Kentuck
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies