Current ticket predictions?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:56:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Current ticket predictions?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Current ticket predictions?  (Read 16811 times)
NHLiberal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2014, 07:08:43 PM »

I honestly don't know who Hilary would consider.

As for the GOP:
Paul/Haley
Paul/Walker
Paul Martinez
Cruz/Paul
Bush/Rubio
To add on
Paul/Lepage
Christie/Rubio

WHAT?
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2014, 07:20:15 PM »

Walker / Martinez
Jayman20
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »

Democratic:
Andrew Cuomo/Cory Booker

Republican:
Chris Christie/Marco Rubio
Maistre
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »

Clinton/Kaine

Cruz/Ayotte
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »

I'm amazed no one has chosen soon to be Secretary Castro as a running mate for Hillary. I actually think that was a large part of his selection for the cabinet.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26:36 PM »

I'm amazed no one has chosen soon to be Secretary Castro as a running mate for Hillary. I actually think that was a large part of his selection for the cabinet.

I suppose Castro is as good a running mate as any for Hillary. He would surely help with the Hispanic vote.

On a side note, does anyone else think that this thread should be stickied? It would be nice way to keep track of people's opinions about the composition of the tickets. It's just a thought that I thought I'd throw out here.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »

The Dems picking Julian Castro for VP in 2016 would be IMO too soon. The Castros should be utilized to recruit more young people to the left like Rand Paul is for us on the right. I'd save Julian till 2024 if he's still a viable factor. I say that because the GOP will go 2 terms after Obama via Paul, Pence, Walker/Martinez.
NHLiberal

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2014, 10:01:33 PM »

Democratic:
Andrew Cuomo/Cory Booker

Republican:
Chris Christie/Marco Rubio

Why did you give two Republican tickets? Wink
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »

Martinez's position of immigration reform would cause  issues among the base I'm sure of that and she also expanded Medicaid and called Obamacare the "law of the land". How do you the Tea Party would react to her being VP?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2014, 06:47:39 AM »

I'm totally stumped as to what will happen in the GOP nomination process. The primaries are a pretty unpredictable beast, and the pre-primary period is itself pretty much inscrutable. Remember how, in succession, there was an ascendant Bachmann (to second place, not first), then an ascendant Perry, then an ascendant Cain, then a double dip ascendant Gingrich, then an ascendant Santorum, all before the party realized that it did, in fact, have to nominate Romney? If Romney decided to run in 2016, would the same thing happen? If he didn't, what in the world would happen?

With all that in mind, I'm going to say Romney doesn't run, and the GOP ticket shakes out at Walker/Cruz.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »

Clinton/Schweitzer

Christie/Rice
cbannon5
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »

Democratic:

Clinton / Booker

Republican:

Rand Paul / (Kasich or Portman)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »

Martinez's position of immigration reform would cause  issues among the base I'm sure of that and she also expanded Medicaid and called Obamacare the "law of the land". How do you the Tea Party would react to her being VP?

We may disagree with her but she's otherwise a solid governor and I wouldn't be surprised if she's on several Tea Partier short lists.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »

I suppose Castro is as good a running mate as any for Hillary. He would surely help with the Hispanic vote.

On a side note, does anyone else think that this thread should be stickied? It would be nice way to keep track of people's opinions about the composition of the tickets. It's just a thought that I thought I'd throw out here.

Exactly. We really need to get away from the idea of Veep candidates appealing to "regions" much, or in some cases even their own states (e.g. Paul Ryan).

And IMHO, no to stickying.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2014, 11:17:23 PM »

Hillary Clinton/ Michael Bennet
Clinton's the likeliest nominee. Bennet looks like a really good match on paper. The biggest issue is what it means for his seat, but he otherwise has the ideal resume for Hillary Clinton's running mate (White guy in his early 50s, Westerner, Swing State Senator for eight years, Policy expertise on education.)

Rand Paul/ Scott Walker
Paul's more likely to run than any of the other potential top-tier candidates, so he's more likely to be the nominee than Jeb, Christie, Rubio, Walker or Ryan. I have no idea who he would pick as a running mate. Walker seems like a possible fit (a midwestern swing state Governor to show what Republicans in the executive office are like) and he seems to be among the most interested in national office.
Slight update months later.

Paul/ Walker remains the likeliest Republican ticket in my mind. Part of it is that Rand Paul is likely to run, and there isn't as obvious a running mate for other nominees.

I think Hillary Clinton/ Julian Castro is the likeliest Democratic ticket. Democrats basically built a running mate for her when they made Castro HUD secretary. He's young, Hispanic, has expertise on various domestic issues, and can be an effective surrogate in the west. Bennet still looks good on paper, but I've barely seen him in the news, and it seems unlikely that a future national candidate would have that low a profile.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2014, 02:55:05 AM »

Clinton/Merkley is looking really good.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »

Clinton/Merkley

He helps reinforce a populist message and comes from the West where Hillary may need some help. Barring him, I'd say the other probable choices are either Kaine or Bennett.

Christie/Gardner

He comes from an important swing state, can appeal to the base without scaring off moderates, and has a disposition seen as a good balance to Christie' abrasiveness. Other possibilities are Portman, Kasich, Thune, Martinez, McNorris Rodgers
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »

Clinton/Merkley

He helps reinforce a populist message and comes from the West where Hillary may need some help. Barring him, I'd say the other probable choices are either Kaine or Bennett.

Christie/Gardner

He comes from an important swing state, can appeal to the base without scaring off moderates, and has a disposition seen as a good balance to Christie' abrasiveness. Other possibilities are Portman, Kasich, Thune, Martinez, McNorris Rodgers

Gardner in 2016? Isn't too early?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2014, 03:56:58 PM »

Clinton/Hickenlooper vs. Bush/Ersnst
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2014, 04:57:30 PM »

Clinton/Bullock vs. Kasich/Ayotte

Bullock as a western Governor and DC outsider is perfect for Hillary. Kasich and Ayotte as two swing state center-right Republicans is a strong ticket as well.
porky88
Rookie
United States

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »

Clinton/Castro

I have no idea who Hillary will choose as her VP. The democrats have such a weak bench right now. Castro has probably made a few connections since moving from San Antonio to Washington. Additionally, Hillary cannot count on anything more than 40 percent of the white vote. She needs a running mate that will bring out Obama voters. Castro has potential, though he’d be a risky choice given he’s never ran a national campaign before. The Clinton team will need to thoroughly vet him.

Walker/Kasich

Republicans need to break the Democrats hold on the Midwest. I think they double down with two Midwestern governors that run on their records.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2014, 05:41:18 PM »

Whom  do the Romanov -- excuse me, Koch brothers want? He will be the Republican nominee.

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »

After election day, Walker/Rubio vs. Clinton/Kaine seems like the smartest bet for me.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »

Clinton/Kaine vs. Paul/Martinez

Bonus map:

Clinton/Kaine - 320 EVs
Paul/Martinez - 218 EVs