Current ticket predictions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:58:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Current ticket predictions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current ticket predictions?  (Read 16842 times)
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

« on: April 13, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »

Walker/Martinez. I think he's got the clearest path to the nomination at this point, though Paul will give him a run for his money. It was very easy for Martinez to say no to Romney because she didn't like him or some of his policies. Plus she was not even through her first term as governor. She may have legitimately thought she want ready for the job. I just don't see her saying no to Walker if he wins the nomination and asks her to run with him.

Cuomo/Klobuchar. I think I'm the one guy left who doesn't think Hillary is going to run. I think Kirsten Gillibrand will be the best option for the party, but she won't run either. The Democrats are most likely to run governor Cuomo, and I think his most likely VP will be a female senator. Klobuchar provides the best counter to Walker, beating out Hagan and McCaskill.
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »

Perry has the advantage of low expectations, but I think he was too damaged by 2012.

I agree with the first part, but I also think if he comes out as a serious candidate and is better prepared, people will forget about 2012 and he could do very well.
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »

I still have Walker/Martinez I don't know what this Pence fetish is all of the sudden but I also see a Clinton/Steve Bullock more likely as well. I think a Governor from the West suites Hillary best also an outsider I don't think it's good to be picking anyone from Congress right now.
Exactly. The only possible way Pence gets in is if Walker doesn't, and Walker will, barring a huge upset in November. It's kind of like bronze4141's weird obsession with John Thune.
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 11:04:08 PM »

Walker/Martinez
Walker/Rubio
Rubio/Kasich

Clinton/Kaine
O'Malley/Klobuchar
Wildcard (but strongest Dem GE ticket): Gillibrand/Locke
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:41:28 PM »

Gillibrand won't challenge Hillary, but if Hillary exits the race for one reason or another, multiple candidates, including possibly Gillibrand, will jump in. I've said from the beginning that Gillibrand is the strongest GE candidate the democrats have. Of course, I also thought Hillary would stay out because she's so immensely flawed, so what do I know. I maintain that Hillary can't win, especially if the media isn't with her. I just figured she would ignore the manufactured hype and stay out. Like IceSpear, I overestimated  her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies