Help
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:37:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help  (Read 542 times)
Politicsgurll
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2014, 02:57:03 AM »

I really need some emotional help right now. Heartbroken and devastated. Just a lot going on. Prayers and positive energy would be appreciated.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 03:00:01 AM »

What's going on?
Politicsgurll
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 03:15:08 AM »

A good friend is not doing well and I feel like I've been the cause of his life-threatening problems. I'm not safe and I want to do myself harm.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:22:52 AM »

You should call 9-1-1.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:57:37 AM »

Welcome to Sock Central kids.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »

A good friend is not doing well and I feel like I've been the cause of his life-threatening problems. I'm not safe and I want to do myself harm.

Please, try talk to someone whom you trust and whom you know cares about you as soon as possible. Don't do anything you might regret. You should have people around you to ask for help, and they certainly can do more than anonymous people on an internet message board.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »

Please, try talk to someone whom you trust and whom you know cares about you as soon as possible. Don't do anything you might regret. You should have people around you to ask for help, and they certainly can do more than anonymous people on an internet message board.

Sage advice, Dr Phil, but riddle me this:  Who joins a political forum and 6 posts in starts a thread like this?  Expect Inks to update the recent ban thread later.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »

Sage advice, Dr Phil, but riddle me this:  Who joins a political forum and 6 posts in starts a thread like this?  Expect Inks to update the recent ban thread later.
Do you really need to be a douche 100% of the time? Can you just take a break from doing that for like 5 minutes?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 09:37:13 AM »

Do you really need to be a douche 100% of the time? Can you just take a break from doing that for like 5 minutes?

So you agree this is a troll thread?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 09:39:16 AM »

I'm not sure, but just because someone hasn't been on here long doesn't mean they are immediately a sock, I'm just saying, you could do this in more civil terms.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 10:17:27 AM »

I'm not sure, but just because someone hasn't been on here long doesn't mean they are immediately a sock, I'm just saying, you could do this in more civil terms.

Ok fair enough. Tbh I'd be shocked if the cave didn't have a policy on threads like this to trace back the ip and notify local authorities unless the Cave is sure it's from a sock or the ip trace doesn't work. 
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 10:23:36 AM »

Ok fair enough. Tbh I'd be shocked if the cave didn't have a policy on threads like this to trace back the ip and notify local authorities unless the Cave is sure it's from a sock or the ip trace doesn't work. 

It certainly does raise red flags when you're this new and you get one of these threads. Just sayin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »

Even if the probability of her being a sock was 99% I still wouldn't want to have someone's suicide on my conscience if we end up being in the 1% case. But that's just me...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 11:11:47 AM »

Even if the probability of her being a sock was 99% I still wouldn't want to have someone's suicide on my conscience if we end up being in the 1% case. But that's just me...
This person is trolling your good will.  The worst thing you can do is play along.  The 2nd worst thing you can do is react angrily.  The best thing you can do is ignore it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 11:14:33 AM »

To be fair, 20RP12 pretty much did this stuff every other week and it was expected, but that's because he'd been here for a long time.  Still, I have to agree with Antonio.  I wouldn't want someone to take their own life because people aren't helping them.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 12:31:57 PM »

This is an elections forum, not a suicide hotline. This is a suicide hotline. Please note the difference.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies