Larry David Broke Wil Wheaton’s Brain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:09:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Larry David Broke Wil Wheaton’s Brain
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Larry David Broke Wil Wheaton’s Brain  (Read 701 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2024, 05:29:00 PM »

I've actually never seen an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm but I can now because I have Max. What would you recommend as a starter?
it's funny, but it relies VERY heavily on "awkward" humor.
Like certain episodes of The Office? Like the one where Jim and Pam go to Michael's dinner party or that one where Michael promised to pay for that entire class's college education?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2024, 05:33:20 PM »

I've actually never seen an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm but I can now because I have Max. What would you recommend as a starter?
it's funny, but it relies VERY heavily on "awkward" humor.
Like certain episodes of The Office? Like the one where Jim and Pam go to Michael's dinner party or that one where Michael promised to pay for that entire class's college education?
the dinner party one is fine, there are a lot of good jokes (Jim's flood, Dwight's "date", Michael's plasma TV), but we've skipped Scott's Tots the last couple of play throughs, it's too much.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2024, 06:19:57 PM »

Watch Palestinian Chicken. If you don't like that episode, you won't like the show.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2024, 06:33:01 PM »

Or more accurately, he crushed Alben's brain.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2024, 10:20:30 PM »

As a side note, using any kind of BS "therapy language" as I like to call it is always a huge red flag. Avoid anyone who makes a habit of throwing around words like trauma, abuse, victim, etc. They're always depressing and often much worse.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2024, 02:31:33 AM »

Palestinian Chicken was great indeed!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2024, 03:56:21 AM »

Are you going to watch the whole show now?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2024, 10:01:46 AM »

The part that kind of stood out to me was a guy who looks like Larry David hooking up with a woman as hot as that restaurant employee. Is this a recurring thing on the show?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2024, 11:05:55 AM »

The part that kind of stood out to me was a guy who looks like Larry David hooking up with a woman as hot as that restaurant employee. Is this a recurring thing on the show?

Yes, it sort of makes sense here because Larry has money and is a celebrity...but it's a continuation of unemployed George Costanza dating tons of significantly more attractive women on Seinfeld despite having nothing going for him.

Of course, he's married to Cheryl Hines for many years to start.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2024, 12:34:40 AM »

Watch Palestinian Chicken. If you don't like that episode, you won't like the show.

This is a great episode, but it's not a good "first episode" to introduce someone to the show, IMO.

"Interior Decorator" or "Trick or Treat"   are ideal for introducing someone.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2024, 12:00:07 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2024, 12:03:46 PM by they don't love you like i love you »

I asked ChatGPT to write a scene from Curb Your Enthusiasm about me, based on the "documentary" someone else posted about me.

[Setting: A bustling coffee shop in Minneapolis. BRTD sits alone at a table, engrossed in a heated discussion on the Talk Elections Forum through his laptop. Larry David enters, looking for a place to sit.]

Larry David: [spots an empty chair at BRTD's table and approaches] Mind if I sit here?

BRTD: [barely looking up from his screen] Uh, yeah, sure.

Larry David: [takes a seat and glances at BRTD's laptop screen] Ah, politics, huh? Who are you debating with? Putin?

BRTD: [chuckles] Not quite, just some fellow forum members. We're dissecting the latest political developments.

Larry David: [raises an eyebrow] Ah, the joys of online debates. You know, I once got into a heated argument over the last chocolate babka at a bakery. Things got ugly.

BRTD: [smirks] Sounds intense.

[As BRTD leans back, his chair wobbles precariously.]

BRTD: Whoa, this chair's a bit shaky.

Larry David: [notices] Oh, watch out for those. They're like the politicians you're discussing – can't stand firm on anything.

[BRTD nods absentmindedly and returns his focus to his laptop. Suddenly, his phone rings loudly, disrupting the quiet ambiance of the coffee shop.]

BRTD: [frantically rummages through his bag to find his phone] Sorry, sorry!

[As he reaches for his phone, he accidentally knocks over Larry's cup of coffee, spilling it all over the table.]

Larry David: [exasperated] Oh, come on!

BRTD: [mortified] I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to—

Larry David: [interrupts] It's fine, it's fine. Just like politics – always messy.

[BRTD fumbles to clean up the mess as Larry shakes his head in amusement. The barista arrives with a mop, shooting them a disapproving glance.]

Barista: You guys need to be more careful.

BRTD: [sheepishly] Yeah, we'll try.

[As BRTD continues to clean up, Larry watches with amusement, realizing he's stumbled into yet another quirky situation.]

Larry David: [to himself] Curb your enthusiasm, Larry. Curb your enthusiasm.

[The scene fades out as BRTD manages to salvage the situation, albeit with a red face and a few coffee-stained napkins.]

and here's bronz:

[Scene: A bustling New York City coffee shop. Larry David, sipping on his latte, spots "bronz" sitting alone at a table engrossed in his laptop. Larry, always curious, decides to approach him.]

Larry: (muttering to himself) Look at this guy, all serious and immersed. What's he so engrossed in? (walks over to "bronz") Hey there! Whatcha doing, deep in thought?

"bronz": (looking up, surprised) Oh, hey! Just catching up on some online forum discussions. You know, the usual.

Larry: (leaning in) Forums, huh? What's the hot topic today? Politics, celebrity gossip, UFO sightings?

"bronz": (smiling) A bit of everything, actually. Racial identity politics, struggles of blue-collar workers, and the lives of obscure activists.

Larry: (raising an eyebrow) Oh, the obscure activists! Always a riveting read. (pauses) You're not one of those internet trolls, are you?

"bronz": (laughs) No, not at all. I'm just genuinely interested in understanding different perspectives and having meaningful conversations.

Larry: (nodding) Fair enough. (gesturing to "bronz's" laptop) Mind if I take a peek?

"bronz": (slides the laptop toward Larry) Go ahead.

[Larry scans the forum posts, squinting at the screen.]

Larry: (raising an eyebrow) Black Lives Matter, blue-collar workers, and obscure activists... Are you trying to cover all your bases here? Bit of a people pleaser, huh?

"bronz": (chuckles) No, it's just about finding common ground and fostering understanding.

Larry: (leaning back) Common ground, understanding... You sound like a real diplomat. (sarcastically) Maybe you should run for office.

"bronz": (smirking) Who knows? Maybe I'll start a campaign on the forum.

[Larry takes a sip of his latte, looking intrigued.]

Larry: (sarcastically) The forum candidate, huh? Well, good luck with that. Just be careful, forums can be a real minefield. One wrong emoji, and boom!

"bronz": (laughs) Thanks for the advice, Larry. I'll keep that in mind.

[Larry walks away, shaking his head, leaving "bronz" to continue his forum exploration. As Larry exits, the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme music starts playing.]

So is that kind of the show's formula? Some character gets introduced and has an awkward interaction with Larry David?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2024, 04:40:34 PM »

I asked ChatGPT to write a scene from Curb Your Enthusiasm about me, based on the "documentary" someone else posted about me.

[Setting: A bustling coffee shop in Minneapolis. BRTD sits alone at a table, engrossed in a heated discussion on the Talk Elections Forum through his laptop. Larry David enters, looking for a place to sit.]

Larry David: [spots an empty chair at BRTD's table and approaches] Mind if I sit here?

BRTD: [barely looking up from his screen] Uh, yeah, sure.

Larry David: [takes a seat and glances at BRTD's laptop screen] Ah, politics, huh? Who are you debating with? Putin?

BRTD: [chuckles] Not quite, just some fellow forum members. We're dissecting the latest political developments.

Larry David: [raises an eyebrow] Ah, the joys of online debates. You know, I once got into a heated argument over the last chocolate babka at a bakery. Things got ugly.

BRTD: [smirks] Sounds intense.

[As BRTD leans back, his chair wobbles precariously.]

BRTD: Whoa, this chair's a bit shaky.

Larry David: [notices] Oh, watch out for those. They're like the politicians you're discussing – can't stand firm on anything.

[BRTD nods absentmindedly and returns his focus to his laptop. Suddenly, his phone rings loudly, disrupting the quiet ambiance of the coffee shop.]

BRTD: [frantically rummages through his bag to find his phone] Sorry, sorry!

[As he reaches for his phone, he accidentally knocks over Larry's cup of coffee, spilling it all over the table.]

Larry David: [exasperated] Oh, come on!

BRTD: [mortified] I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to—

Larry David: [interrupts] It's fine, it's fine. Just like politics – always messy.

[BRTD fumbles to clean up the mess as Larry shakes his head in amusement. The barista arrives with a mop, shooting them a disapproving glance.]

Barista: You guys need to be more careful.

BRTD: [sheepishly] Yeah, we'll try.

[As BRTD continues to clean up, Larry watches with amusement, realizing he's stumbled into yet another quirky situation.]

Larry David: [to himself] Curb your enthusiasm, Larry. Curb your enthusiasm.

[The scene fades out as BRTD manages to salvage the situation, albeit with a red face and a few coffee-stained napkins.]

and here's bronz:

[Scene: A bustling New York City coffee shop. Larry David, sipping on his latte, spots "bronz" sitting alone at a table engrossed in his laptop. Larry, always curious, decides to approach him.]

Larry: (muttering to himself) Look at this guy, all serious and immersed. What's he so engrossed in? (walks over to "bronz") Hey there! Whatcha doing, deep in thought?

"bronz": (looking up, surprised) Oh, hey! Just catching up on some online forum discussions. You know, the usual.

Larry: (leaning in) Forums, huh? What's the hot topic today? Politics, celebrity gossip, UFO sightings?

"bronz": (smiling) A bit of everything, actually. Racial identity politics, struggles of blue-collar workers, and the lives of obscure activists.

Larry: (raising an eyebrow) Oh, the obscure activists! Always a riveting read. (pauses) You're not one of those internet trolls, are you?

"bronz": (laughs) No, not at all. I'm just genuinely interested in understanding different perspectives and having meaningful conversations.

Larry: (nodding) Fair enough. (gesturing to "bronz's" laptop) Mind if I take a peek?

"bronz": (slides the laptop toward Larry) Go ahead.

[Larry scans the forum posts, squinting at the screen.]

Larry: (raising an eyebrow) Black Lives Matter, blue-collar workers, and obscure activists... Are you trying to cover all your bases here? Bit of a people pleaser, huh?

"bronz": (chuckles) No, it's just about finding common ground and fostering understanding.

Larry: (leaning back) Common ground, understanding... You sound like a real diplomat. (sarcastically) Maybe you should run for office.

"bronz": (smirking) Who knows? Maybe I'll start a campaign on the forum.

[Larry takes a sip of his latte, looking intrigued.]

Larry: (sarcastically) The forum candidate, huh? Well, good luck with that. Just be careful, forums can be a real minefield. One wrong emoji, and boom!

"bronz": (laughs) Thanks for the advice, Larry. I'll keep that in mind.

[Larry walks away, shaking his head, leaving "bronz" to continue his forum exploration. As Larry exits, the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme music starts playing.]

So is that kind of the show's formula? Some character gets introduced and has an awkward interaction with Larry David?

Kind of, but what really makes it clever are how things are set up, paid off, or come full-circle.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies