Game of Thrones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:45:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 16126 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »

I'm really hoping for a glimpse of LSH in this season.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2014, 11:54:27 PM »

You're right... It should be about time until she appears.... It would have made a brilliant season start Wink
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2014, 12:58:14 AM »

While the show has strayed quite a bit from parts of the book this season, I think the scene y'all are speaking of will end the season, as it ended A Storm of Swords.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53:56 AM »

The only problem - when that scene happens, LSH is around for quite a time, since about two days of the RW, which would be about 1-2 episodes (it would have made a great finale of season 3 - her first appearence I mean). It won't make sense when she suddenly appears at the end of season 4, especially since the series can cover things outside's a POV-characters view, which it already did multiple times.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »

Please be respectful that some on here haven't read the novels. I tried to start a separate discussion thread for book readers, but it never took off. Best practice is to put book spoilers (anything that hasn't happened in the show up to the present episode) in white text. People can highlight the text if they want to read it.

FYI, it'd be helpful if you didn't go on to actually quote the spoilers after talking about how people shouldn't quote the spoilers.  Now, if realisticidealist or a mod edits the original post, there's a copy of the spoilers in your post.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2014, 09:26:14 PM »

So about that fight...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »

It was pretty much like the books, but... I'm surprised at how I felt when it ended.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »

I don't think I like this show anymore. Sad
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2014, 11:37:04 PM »

That may have been the first, and hopefully last, useless Tyrion monologue in the series, and I don't think it had any basis from the book.

As for the fight, the outcome was...necessary.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2014, 11:45:53 PM »

That was great!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2014, 12:59:24 AM »

Loved the fight, but the episode's highlight was Sophie Turner's acting. And Sophie Tuner in that dress later on. And the potential story ramifications of Sansa being out in the open at the Eyrie.

The one thing I wish happened was Tyrion vomiting after Oberyn dies and Tywin sentences him to death. For a while I thought "maybe that won't be the right tone for how they do it on the show," but I think it would have worked.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2014, 08:33:29 AM »

It was pretty much like the books, but... I'm surprised at how I felt when it ended.

The end was quite a bit more brutal than in the books if I recall correctly. The Mountain didn't squeeze the Viper's head like that in the books, just smashed his head into the ground really hard. The show has been upping the level of brutality since the Red Wedding, IMO.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2014, 10:35:16 AM »

The end was quite a bit more brutal than in the books if I recall correctly. The Mountain didn't squeeze the Viper's head like that in the books, just smashed his head into the ground really hard. The show has been upping the level of brutality since the Red Wedding, IMO.

Yup, I have read the books, but that scene was more upsetting than even the Red Wedding, IMO.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2014, 10:55:04 AM »

I know I'm a noob but, I just finished season 1 and I wanted to say it's really awesome! Smiley I'm not much into epic fantasy, but this really has great characters and storylines, and I look forward to watching more.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2014, 03:27:20 PM »

Loved the fight, but the episode's highlight was Sophie Turner's acting. And Sophie Tuner in that dress later on. And the potential story ramifications of Sansa being out in the open at the Eyrie.

The one thing I wish happened was Tyrion vomiting after Oberyn dies and Tywin sentences him to death. For a while I thought "maybe that won't be the right tone for how they do it on the show," but I think it would have worked.

But, like, the sisters Stark just blabbing all the time about how they're Starks?  wtf?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »

Episode spoilers: So did the Mountain die at the end?  Oberyn did get him pretty good beforehand, and he did kind of collapse right at the end.

Also, the opening credits map is kind of bothering me.  I don't understand why Winterfell is still on there, but they neglect to include the Eyrie (which was featured on the map in the first season) for the past two episodes.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »

Episode spoilers: So did the Mountain die at the end?  Oberyn did get him pretty good beforehand, and he did kind of collapse right at the end.
Well they declared the Mountain the winner, so that should answer that question. As for the books...the Mountain does survive for a while but succumbs to the poison from Oberyn's spear which was very painful and slow.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Maybe they just don't feel like spending the money on it.

This is one of the cases where the show has improved on the books. I think in general the show has handled the female characters better than the books.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2014, 01:13:54 AM »

My in-depth review of the latest episode:

Literally good night, sweet prince. Sad
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:01 AM »

Well they declared the Mountain the winner, so that should answer that question.

No, it doesn't really answer my question.  But I guess I don't really want to know the answer yet either.  Smiley

Also, the opening credits map is kind of bothering me.  I don't understand why Winterfell is still on there, but they neglect to include the Eyrie (which was featured on the map in the first season) for the past two episodes.
Maybe they just don't feel like spending the money on it.

That doesn't make sense.  This show has one of the biggest budgets of any show currently on TV.  And besides, like I said, they've already shown the Eyrie in the opening credits already, so the animation already exists...   Not a big deal obviously, just a pet peeve.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »

I haven't read the books, but I knew how the books did the fight so I kind of knew what to expect going in.  The wife didn't know why I was so wanting the Viper to just end it and stop trying to get confessions.  Or, chuck the spear right through Tywin's stupid face.  He did neither and we got what we got.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2014, 12:09:21 PM »

Is it even physically possible in reality to crush a head with your hands so that it explodes ?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »

Is it even physically possible in reality to crush a head with your hands so that it explodes ?

Yes, if you're very strong. It helps that he was pushing it into a hard surface too.

The actor who plays the Mountain, by the way, is apparently the third strongest man in the world.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2014, 12:29:57 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2014, 12:35:15 PM by oakvale »

Yeah the guy playing The Mountain is literally one of the strongest men in the world which probably helps.

e: Sidenote: Arya's psycho laugh would have been the best thing if the joy were not sucked out of my life at the end of the episode.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2014, 04:39:22 PM »

Scenes I am most looking forward to in the final two episodes:

When they trap the wildlings on the staircase and then burn it in the battle of Castle Black.
Stannis' cavalry saving the f***ing day
Tyrion's final confrontation with Tywin.
Jon being elected Lord Commander, turning down Stannis' offer to be Lord Stark.
Whatever happens with Sansa (since it's probably going to be non-book territory).
Arya getting passage to Braavos with the valar morghulis coin.
Lady Stonehart
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies