Game of Thrones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 15696 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »

I assume I'm not the only person who watches this here? Tonight's episode was fantastic!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:45:36 PM »

I don't have HBO.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:18:39 AM »

One of my favourite episodes so far, that was a fantastic wedding!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 12:21:18 AM »

Sayonara, mother[inks]er!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 02:53:07 AM »

'bout f[inks]ing time.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:24:02 AM »

Neither do I, but I still manage to watch it on a weekly basis.

As for the episode, as a book-reader I saw it coming when I first saw the title The Lion and the Rose, but it was still an extremely satisfying episode, even if numerous villains continue to abound in the GoT universe...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:37:09 AM »

Did Sansa go with the drunk ex-knight?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »

Did Sansa go with the drunk ex-knight?

I don't think it was made clear.

So who's in charge now? His kid brother?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:33 AM »

I believe that is the case.  Tommen is the boy's name and the new actor playing him looks a LOT like the kid that played Joffrey.

edit-but Tommen is too young so Cersi will be in charge again.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 09:17:35 AM »

Great news !
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »

Ok, who actually did the killing?  We have:
Margaery-had access to the carafe of wine right before the symptoms start

Olenna-same as above, likely working together if either did it.  Also seems to have taken a jewel off of Sansa's necklace that was given to her by.....

Dontos (the drunk ex-knight)-gave Sansa the necklace, insisted she wear it often especially to "special" occasioans.  Then attempted to get Sansa to flee with him afterwords.

Sansa-she certainly has the motive

Tyrian-he certainly has the motive and had access

Cersei-she always goes off on how much she lover her children, but she, like everybody else, was getting sick of Joffrey's shenanigans.  Maybe she thinks Tommen will be a better King (for her to mold).  She did send possibly the only person that could have helped Joffrey (Grand Maester Pycelle) away right before the murder.

Tywin-he could have done it to protect the family name.  He too was sick of Joffrey's sh**t
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »

Ok, who actually did the killing?  We have:

Olenna-same as above, likely working together if either did it.  Also seems to have taken a jewel off of Sansa's necklace that was given to her by.....

Dontos (the drunk ex-knight)-gave Sansa the necklace, insisted she wear it often especially to "special" occasioans.  Then attempted to get Sansa to flee with him afterwords.

Cersei-she always goes off on how much she lover her children, but she, like everybody else, was getting sick of Joffrey's shenanigans.  Maybe she thinks Tommen will be a better King (for her to mold).  She did send possibly the only person that could have helped Joffrey (Grand Maester Pycelle) away right before the murder.

Tywin-he could have done it to protect the family name.  He too was sick of Joffrey's sh**t

Well, I believe next chapter should introduce another figure that is crucial to the conspiracy, but by rewatching the episode you can notice a good amount of clues in the dialogue.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »

I don't get why the Tyrell's would kill Joffrey? Margaery isn't really anything without Joffrey being married to her. They never even consummated the marriage so she was never even really the queen.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »

I say the Tyrells look pretty damn suspicious right now.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 12:43:41 PM »

I believe that is the case.  Tommen is the boy's name and the new actor playing him looks a LOT like the kid that played Joffrey.

Actually Tywin would be in charge. He's the Hand of the King, and unlike with Tyrion she can't really maintain any semblance of real power so long as he's in control.

I don't get why the Tyrell's would kill Joffrey? Margaery isn't really anything without Joffrey being married to her. They never even consummated the marriage so she was never even really the queen.

Because he was a sociopathic monster who made Mad King Aerys look like a saint in comparison and had proven to be uncontrollable.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »

I believe that is the case.  Tommen is the boy's name and the new actor playing him looks a LOT like the kid that played Joffrey.

Actually Tywin would be in charge. He's the Hand of the King, and unlike with Tyrion she can't really maintain any semblance of real power so long as he's in control.

Cersei was the Queen Regent throughout Joffrey's reign, meaning that she was effectively the monarch until Joffrey's wedding graduated him into adulthood.  This development makes her the Queen Regent again.

But yes, Tywin is still very much the actual power.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »

Ok, who actually did the killing?  We have:

Olenna-same as above, likely working together if either did it.  Also seems to have taken a jewel off of Sansa's necklace that was given to her by.....

Dontos (the drunk ex-knight)-gave Sansa the necklace, insisted she wear it often especially to "special" occasioans.  Then attempted to get Sansa to flee with him afterwords.

Cersei-she always goes off on how much she lover her children, but she, like everybody else, was getting sick of Joffrey's shenanigans.  Maybe she thinks Tommen will be a better King (for her to mold).  She did send possibly the only person that could have helped Joffrey (Grand Maester Pycelle) away right before the murder.

Tywin-he could have done it to protect the family name.  He too was sick of Joffrey's sh**t

Professor Plum with the poison in the library Huh
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 01:25:17 PM »

I believe that is the case.  Tommen is the boy's name and the new actor playing him looks a LOT like the kid that played Joffrey.

Cersei was the Queen Regent throughout Joffrey's reign, meaning that she was effectively the monarch until Joffrey's wedding graduated him into adulthood.  This development makes her the Queen Regent again.

But yes, Tywin is still very much the actual power.

The problem is, Queen Regent is not much more but a title in Westeros. She has to really grasp power, and hold on to it, to have real power; something what is never really accomplishable with Tywin as hand. Remember when Ned was still Hand of the King, who was really in charge then? Sure, people believed Robert was, but what did he do other than whoring and hunting around? Without spoilering too much, it will be the same again, just with Tywin as hand.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »

Does anybody else feel like Jaime Lannister is being made into a more sympathetic character?  I'm not sure if losing his hand and his travels with Brienne were meant to actually improve him as a person, but some of us will never forget that he pushed Bran Stark out of a window.  Angry
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »

Does anybody else feel like Jaime Lannister is being made into a more sympathetic character?  I'm not sure if losing his hand and his travels with Brienne were meant to actually improve him as a person, but some of us will never forget that he pushed Bran Stark out of a window.  Angry

Well yeah, he is; but this is because he really evolves as a person in the books. He of course has some bad traits also later, but by the end of the 4/5th books I really liked him. It is of course difficult to show such an evolution of a character on screen, but I think they didn't do a bad job.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 02:04:57 PM »

Yes, it happens in the books too. The same can really be said for the Hound - he killed a little boy too, but a lot of people like him. You have to remember that the world in question is very much a crapsack world, and as such it will take a serious dump on people who would otherwise be rather decent individuals. That can make some of them quite jaded.

Jaime is sympathetic as a character because he's not an irredeemable monster like Joffrey, Gregor Clegane, or Ramsey Snow, and as such his motivations are much more human. He has a sense of honor, but he's got other values as well, and the world has forced him to choose between his honor and those other things too many times. It's something a normal human being can empathize with.

Also, he changes as the story goes on. Maybe gets a little less jaded, maybe tries to redeem his honor a bit. And change is what all but one of the book's perspective characters really go through, and we all know what happened to him.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »

I find Jamie very sympathetic at this point and I'm kind of hoping him and Bronn have some adventures together before we're done.  Bronn's going to need some help if Tyrion is in jail.

I just learned something nifty and weird....no character has been in every episode.  I suppose not shocking, but hopefully interesting to somebody besides me.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »

Undoubtedly so, the "love" for which he did it has quite thoroughly dissipated.

I'm just waiting for Daenerys to make her move.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »

I just learned something nifty and weird....no character has been in every episode.  I suppose not shocking, but hopefully interesting to somebody besides me.

True.  No character has even managed to appear in all 10 episodes of a season more than once.  Tyrion, for example, was in all 10 episodes of Season 2, but only 9 episodes of Seasons 1 and 3.  Here's a table of all character appearances:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_characters#Cast_appearances
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 01:33:14 AM »

Good episode. It seemed like Oberyn Martell and Loras Tyrell were in on it for sure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Olenna, Margaery and others were in on it as well.

I suspect The Rothschilds had a hand in it too. Yep, it was definitely The Rothschilds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies