Game of Thrones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:27:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 15953 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:07 AM »

Ok, just watched the last ep again and had a thought.  What's the deal with the coin the faceless killing machine gave Arya and then she gave to the boat captain?  Is it just "money" to the people of Bravos?  A talisman of some kind?  Do only the faceless killing machines carry them?  Is there just one?  Probably not, so how many?  Dozens?  Hundreds?  Are they "one free favor" tokens?  "one way trip home" tickets?

You'll find out next season. Or you could just read the books...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »

Such a shame Arya is so young. If she was 10 years older she'd have single-handedly massacred all the Lannisters by now. Tongue Anyway, she's so absolutely awesome! She's been my favorite character since season 1 and probably one of my favorite TV show characters in general. At this point she's the only character whose death would make me upset (I had long accepted the possibility that anyone could die, and I'm pretty sure more of the good guys will die soon enough).
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »

I'll just leave this here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVfIFrpslI
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »

Awesome! Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2014, 01:18:29 PM »

So far I'm halfway through Season 4 and it seems like things are surprisingly going... well? Or at least less crappy than usual. Sure, Tyrion is in deep sh*t (wouldn't surprise me too much if he was actually doomed, after all this is GoT), but Joffrey is finally gone and Tommen is actually shaping up to be a great King (I just love the way Maergery is seducing the poor little innocent kid... Tongue). Sansa might be struck with a mentally unstable woman, her unbelievably creepy son and, well, Littlefinger, but it's nonetheless still an improvement over her previous situation. Tongue Plus the NW mutinies just got their comeuppance. Arya is slowly learning how to kick ass. And Daenerys is still doing stuff nobody gives a sh*t about. So it's all good. Smiley

Of course I'm pretty sure the season's ending will turn all this to ashes. Cry
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »

^

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2014, 08:18:48 AM »

I really really want to see that scene, and what is causing Arya's creepy laugh. Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:16 PM »

LOL Oberyn. Stupidest death after the guy who asked a Lannister thug to carry him. I'd have laughed my ass off if it didn't mean Tyrion will also die...

And I finally got the Arya laughter! Cheesy It gets even more hilariously unsettling than you'd expect when you know the context.

Also, hats off to Sansa for upgrading her Manipulative Bitch skills so massively. The Stark daughters really are our last hope...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »

The Starks are terrible prudes and I await their final eradication.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »

The Starks are terrible prudes and I await their final eradication.

You are an evil person and I will drink your tears when the Starks finally prevail.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »

LOL Oberyn. Stupidest death after the guy who asked a Lannister thug to carry him. I'd have laughed my ass off if it didn't mean Tyrion will also die...

You are a bad person.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »

You are a bad person.

I actually really liked the guy, but come on! He really shouldn't have grabbed that Idiot Ball.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »

OMG Tywin. I can't believe what I just saw.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2014, 04:05:51 PM »

Yep. King's Landing is about to become a very nice place, xD
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2014, 06:28:58 PM »

I can imagine... I'm glad Tyrion had his vengeance, by all means, but Tywin deserved a less pathetic death. And yeah, it means Cersei is effectively the Lannister boss... which is gonna be HELL.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »

I can imagine... I'm glad Tyrion had his vengeance, by all means, but Tywin deserved a less pathetic death. And yeah, it means Cersei is effectively the Lannister boss... which is gonna be HELL.

They changed the ending too much. The Tyrion/Jaime scene laid out the scene with Tywin and makes it even more understandable why Tyrion did what he did and got what he deserved.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »

Haven't read the books or read any spoilers, so this is all just guessing...I'm predicting (hoping?) that Margery becomes the true power behind the throne. I'm wondering if her father becomes the new Hand of the King, because who else would it be?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2014, 11:47:18 PM »

And there are other Lannisters about....Tywin had a younger (i think) brother...Kevan or something that was around on occasion.  And there are others too.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2014, 12:09:31 AM »

And there are other Lannisters about....Tywin had a younger (i think) brother...Kevan or something that was around on occasion.  And there are others too.

That's true.  In any case, it'll be interesting to see where the focus shifts in Season 5, now that King's Landing has far fewer main characters in residence than at the beginning of Season 4.  I mean, we've still got Jaime, Cersei, Margaery, etc., but I think Castle Black is now inhabited by more main characters than King's Landing, even if none of them rank as highly as Jaime or Cersei in the opening credits.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2014, 03:25:43 AM »

Haven't read the books or read any spoilers, so this is all just guessing...I'm predicting (hoping?) that Margery becomes the true power behind the throne. I'm wondering if her father becomes the new Hand of the King, because who else would it be?

I certainly hope Maergery will be victorious in her holy war against Cersei, butshe certainly  won't find an easy fight... And Tywin was barely able to restrain his daughter's stupidity, so it's clear that with his out of the picture she'll be able to do as much damage as she wants.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2014, 05:36:03 AM »

They changed the ending too much. The Tyrion/Jaime scene laid out the scene with Tywin and makes it even more understandable why Tyrion did what he did and got what he deserved.

Of all the things in that last episode, I thought those changes were perhaps most understandable.  I agree, it makes more sense in the books, but no one would remember the random Tysha scene from Season 1 who hasn't read the books.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2018, 02:48:17 PM »

Let's suppose that in Season 7 -upon landing on Dragonstone- Daenereys Targaryen had disregarded Tyrion's advice, and instead went straight for King's Landing as her allies had urged her to do.

What would have happened?  
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »

King's Landing hunkers down, tries, briefly, to defend itself.  All the Lannisters in KL are killed.  Kelvin bends the knee.  So do all the other Houses.  They all march north to the Wall....

that's my dumb guy guess
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »

Bump ... been watching a lot of YouTube videos about Season 8 on my lunch breaks, and it seems to be widely predicted that the gang will defeat the White Walkers and then turn to Cersei down south.  We know that the director who does the big battle scenes is in charge of episodes 3 and 5, so everyone figures those will be the big battles.  I have also heard people speculate that if the Night King's army got past Winterfell, they'd simply be too numerous to defeat, so Jon and Dany will probably win the battle against the White Walkers at Winterfell and then head south to deal with Cersei.

I just want to say that I will be extremely unimpressed if a show that has been preaching something as "The Great War" and "the only war that matters" then has said war be over in a flicker and not even have it be the climax of the eight seasons that have been building up to it.  That would be so immensely stupid.

One last thing, it's really annoying how people talk about the White Walkers as if they are all Craster's sons.  Some are, obviously, but the idea that the Night King was literally living by himself all of this time until whenever Craster started having children seems a little odd to me, LOL.  We know there were other White Walkers thousands of years ago, and I think some of them have survived until now, too.  The Night King probably didn't just hang out alone all of this time.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2018, 05:19:08 PM »

Bump ... been watching a lot of YouTube videos about Season 8 on my lunch breaks, and it seems to be widely predicted that the gang will defeat the White Walkers and then turn to Cersei down south.  We know that the director who does the big battle scenes is in charge of episodes 3 and 5, so everyone figures those will be the big battles.  I have also heard people speculate that if the Night King's army got past Winterfell, they'd simply be too numerous to defeat, so Jon and Dany will probably win the battle against the White Walkers at Winterfell and then head south to deal with Cersei.
makes sense
You must be logged in to read this quote.
but "what a twist!".  I'm one of those people where plot doesn't really matter (well, to a point) once I've fallen in love with the characters.  As long as the acting and dialogue stay top notch, I wouldn't really care if the plot and effects were slightly below average.  Not bad, that would be unacceptable.  Like if aliens were to show up or Deus ex machina sh**t starts happening 5 times an episode.  I'd watch an hour of the Hound, Bronn, Arya and the Imp eating lunch and be sad when it was over.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I hadn't ever thought of that, but yeah, clearly they are not all Caster's kids.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies