Game of Thrones (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:36:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 16052 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 14, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »

I just learned something nifty and weird....no character has been in every episode.  I suppose not shocking, but hopefully interesting to somebody besides me.

True.  No character has even managed to appear in all 10 episodes of a season more than once.  Tyrion, for example, was in all 10 episodes of Season 2, but only 9 episodes of Seasons 1 and 3.  Here's a table of all character appearances:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_characters#Cast_appearances
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

And, interesting play from Cersei re: Margaery and Oberyn.  Wonder what she's up to, unless it's just to rebuild bridges instead of being a spiteful bitch all the time.

I thought she was just trying to suck up to the judges in Tyrion's trial.  (Granted, Margaery isn't a judge, but her father is, so it makes sense to suck up to the family.)  Her short term goal seems to be to make sure that Tyrion hangs for Joffrey's murder, so she's trying to make nice with them, letting them know how much she loves her kids, etc.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 02:10:25 AM »

When was the last time a whole episode was devoted to a single plotline/location?

Two years ago:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwater
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:46:35 AM »

I need a gif of potato-bow kid nodding.

Huge spoilers for the most recent episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4oQzTGTc_g
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:19:22 AM »

Yes, the stuff marked in white text is book spoilers.  Spoilers for episodes that have already aired are discussed freely here, in plain text.  Heck, just look at the first page of this thread (or don't, if you haven't watched any of Season 4 yet).  It's extremely spoilerific, with nothing marked in white text, because it's all about episodes that have already aired.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 12:09:31 AM »

And there are other Lannisters about....Tywin had a younger (i think) brother...Kevan or something that was around on occasion.  And there are others too.

That's true.  In any case, it'll be interesting to see where the focus shifts in Season 5, now that King's Landing has far fewer main characters in residence than at the beginning of Season 4.  I mean, we've still got Jaime, Cersei, Margaery, etc., but I think Castle Black is now inhabited by more main characters than King's Landing, even if none of them rank as highly as Jaime or Cersei in the opening credits.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies